• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Urgent question, freaking out? Valium, Nexium, and Hydrocodone.

Ringo88

Bluelighter
So, I saw a GI doctor yesterday, and he put me on nexium for acid reflux. Long story short, I took a dose this morning, one 20mg pill. Well, I read that Nexium can increase the amount of Diazepam in your body. I take 8mg a day. I just took a 10mg Hydrocodone. That's all I'm taking, nothing more, just the rest of my Valium tonight. Could the Nexium dose cause me to OD on the Hydro? I also took some Robaxin last night, 1400mg.

Please help! Very worried.

Just try to relax. Do you have a tolerance for hydrocodone? Can you breath properly? Are you nodding?
I don't think that it'll be enough for you to OD, if you have a tolerance, but I'm no doctor, so if you think you took too much, start experiencing symptoms of an OD, go to the ER.

For now, try to relax and try some breathing techniques.

Just inform someone you know if you can.... Don't freak out and cause yourself a panic attack. Worst case scenario if you feel like you are starting to have more difficulty breathing or respritory depression signs go to a hospital either on foot or in an ambulance.

Honestly I think you will be fine, but I am one who uses opiates heavily and ten mg is a high dose. Still I think you'll be fine if your not tired, exhausted, and near the point of falling asleep.

Well, I am tired, but I worked from 10-5 today, and drank two cups of coffee this morning. I'm usually always tired in the afternoon. It's not like I can't talk or breath. I've had this combo before, many many times, minus the Nexium. I'm just worried about the Nexium, more than anything, because it can potentiate Valium. But surely one pill can't cause much difference can it?

I took the hydro around an hour and 40 minutes ago. How long to know I'm in the clear? Honestly I feel fine, just loose and chill. I think I'm making too big a deal out of the one time Nexium dose.

Ok, seeing as it's been near 2 and a half hours, and I feel fine, gonna chalk it up to gonna be ok. It wouldn't hurt to smoke a little ganja, would it? Weed doesn't actually cause respiratory depression does it?

If you are accustomed to taking 10 mg of hydrocodone , there is no way a Nexium pill ( or several) is going to cause you to OD.

Just relax.

And no, weed doesn't cause respiratory depression.

Sorry I didn't check back in fell asleep. Your fine and smoking herb is fine.

Thank you guys, for all the calming and good advice. I was perfectly fine, just a matter of letting my anxiety get to me again.

I think I've realized, though, that besides weed, I don't need to be taking anything that isn't prescribed to me.

That seems to exacerbate my anxiety, which it should.

Needless to say, I'm really, really high now. Just chillen.

Just inform someone you know if you can.... Don't freak out and cause yourself a panic attack. Worst case scenario if you feel like you are starting to have more difficulty breathing or respritory depression signs go to a hospital either on foot or in an ambulance.

Honestly I think you will be fine, but I am one who uses opiates heavily and ten mg is a high dose. Still I think you'll be fine if your not tired, exhausted, and near the point of falling asleep.

Ten mg. of hydro is not a high dose.

Yes ten mg is as it is the highest prescribed IR dose..... It may not be a high dose for you, but that's something else entirely.

Actually 15mg Hydrocodone IR is the highest dose. It is a compounded prescription, usually mixed with apap.

And to answer the OP question if you're "freaking" you're just panicked not ODing. Especially with that amount.

Last edited: