• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

urgent advice needed (pill in wallet)

Biscuit said:

Even if you did have any control, they must prove knowledge.

The continuity in evidence is also broken. The police from an evidentiary point of view have no case at all as they have no idea at what point the pill wound up in the wallet, and cannot prove you put it there.

If this was correct, than wouldn't it be true that no-one would ever get busted for possesion?

If I had a pill in my jacket pocket, the police would "have no idea at what point the pill ended up in the" jacket, "and cannot prove I put it there." But would this get me off?

Couldn't the same be applied to if the police found a gun in my car during a routine traffic stop?

^ this is different because the wallet was handed in by someone else... it was out of his possession and in someone else's possession for a certain period of time. There's that 'blank period' where anything could have happened and he had no control over the wallet.

In your examples, you are constantly wearing your jacket or in control of your car. It wasn't lost and then handed in some time later.

Theres some good advice in this thread, good luck Thatwassilly and let us know how you get on. You can always hope the pill and all your money dissappeared before your wallet got handed in, although wishing to be ripped off seems a little odd ;)

Just applying some general law knowledge here. If the wallet was handed in with the pill still in there. Would the police be able to conduct a search on the wallet? Would this be admissable in the court of law if an officer had gone out of his/her way to search the entire contents of the wallet?

Surely the police are only able to look at the ID and from that contact yourself. For them to go through your wallet with no apparent reason or cause is an invasion of privacy. Assuming that the pill wasnt in the same compartment as the ID, and was hidden, then to find the pill the police would have to unlawfully disregard the privacy act and look through it. I think they'd have a hard time in court trying to explain to a judge how they found the pill. Maybe they could smell it and from taht suspicion arose, which led to yourself being contacted by the police with a request to search the wallet.

For the police to conduct any search they need to have reasonable suspicion dont they? If you get into trouble i'm sure contacting any decent lawyer would have them dropping any charges just like that.

Anyways goodluck and let us know how you get on.

Thanks for the advice guys, gunna contact the station in the next couple of days n see what they have to say. Interesting to note that the contents of the wallet is listed in the letter I recieved minus one item.... even says the minor amount of money that was in it is still there....
anyways I know nothing about anything ;)

*oops* accidentally clicked post when I didn't mean to.

another issue no1 has raised is if the pill is in a bag (i assume it wood be) ur finger prints wood also be on the bag. its harder to deny with ur finger prints on the bag but u could make up sum excuse like oh that bag was already in my wallet, i was keeping a spare button in it or sumthin to that effect

That goes for items in your house aswell.. If you are going to store something at home, make sure you clean whatever it is down 100%... Isopropyl alcohol is your best friend... Especialy for items such as scales...

If you've been arrested before and they have your wallet with a pill in a bag with your fingerprint on it.. you can hardly deny knownledge of it.. possible matching fingerprints and all.. But still deny deny deny and let them have to prove it! However...

Recently i heard on JJJ (i think) that a gangster style merc was pulled up and searched. An unmarked pistol was found inside the vehicle inside a plastic bag.. The gun was found with no fingerprints or markings and everyone denied knowledge of its existance...

Also.. one of my friends recently was raided and the police where apparently making specific statements and questions regarding what some items "he believed it was" and "who's is this?" Trying to prove the two parts... who's it actualy is? (who possesses it) and what you believe it is.. (knowledge)...

deny everything... admit nothing...

HOW LUCKY AM I !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:) :) :) :) :) :)
Cant believe my luck decided to suck it up, take a big deep breath, n skull a bourbon (for dutch courage) and venture into the cop shop n ask for my wallet back.
So the sergent comes to the counter and I tell him I'[m here to collect a wallet I believe they've found....
"how long ago did you lose it he asks?"
couple of weeks not really sure...
did you have to call up about it first he asks?
yep did about an hour ago I say..... (bullshit)
he goes to the back room leaving me mildly panicing and looking for the nearest exit...
When he returns he has my wallet in hand with a declaration form saying to sign it as proof I got it back....
He hands me the wallet and I open it checking that the small amount of money is still there...
at the same time feeling that there is still this little round pleasure pill neatly tucked into the zip up coin pouch which is located on the outside of the wallet!!!!!!!!!!
Signed the form and got the hell outa there end of story!!!!!
Can'[t wait to dump this baby it was quality before but the feeling of relief is gunna make it even betta
Thanks for the safe storage boys in blue
:p
needless to say I'[ll be very carefull in the future
cheers for all the helpfull suggestions guys=D =D

Moral of the story is never keep pills in your wallet.

They get crushed when you sit down, then it's really annoying to take them!

Glad you got your wallet back with no dramas.

bRAVEheart

Just out of interest, when he handed it back did he say "That was silly" and give you a wink and a couple of nudges?

*wonders if the boys in blue read this thread before the collection* ;)

sorry bout the late post but i just read that thread and i have to say it is absolute gold.

i reckon thats a situation that everyone reading this could find themselves in and just the sinking feeling you would get when the cops rang and then having to decide what to do. hahahah classic.

i woulda swallowed that pill as i was walkin out the doors of the police station. it would have to be the best pill youve ever taken.

just to complete the story what kinda pill was it?

Originally posted by 1bRAVEheart1
Moral of the story is never keep pills in your wallet.

nah, moral of the story is that cops make the best temporary pill storage ;)