• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Uppers and downers (opiates + amphetamines): good and bad

In my own experiences, the only opiate + upper combination I enjoyed was a genuine speedball. I have recently tried combinations of hydrocodone + Adderall, and morphine + Vyvanse. While the initial buzz is fun, it tended to make me extremely nauseous, and I would get headaches, especially from the morph + lisdex. Speed can give headaches as it is from the vasodilation, and natural opiates like codeine and morphine always tend to give me headaches when taken in excess. IME, the side effects from both drugs tended to get a little overwhelming and I would feel "yucky" within a few hours.
If you are not interested in trying a true heroin + cocaine speedball, try something like oxycodone + Dexedrine. Semi-synthetic and synthetic opiates have a better side-effect profile.
However, using opiates when crashing from speed is always great. It kills the anxiety, kills the pain from muscle tension, etc. So my verdict is this: using them together can cancel the effects of each drug out, and the side-effects can be undesirable. If you want to experiment then go ahead; but my recommendation is to use the drugs subsequently, not simultaneously.

I don't care who believes me or not but I've been up for seven days straight on rx amphetamine salts. I was feeling like absolute hell most of last night because the 30mg adds weren't really giving me effects but they kept me awake. I would feel horrible and then take one and just feel normal ish
Well i really didn't plan on staying awake for a week but one thing led to another and it happened, but I'll save the horrid details for another thread. So anyways i had maybe five subutex through outthe week and every time it truly felt amazing. My eyes would flutter, and euphoria rushed through my body. It was mostly doing iv shots of 15mg amphetamine mixed with 2mg buprenorphine while already tweaking. You would expect a huge rush but both amps and hope have a delayed rush when ivd. But delayed or not it really worked well. I think it might have had such a pronounced synergy because i do believe but has some effect on the dopamine system,b more so than most opiates at least. Journalism's pleasure stems largely from dopamine, a well known fact
It is actually neurotoxic because it is a weak base and after the brain uses it, dop oxidizes.
Back on topic, when the sun game up this morning i was actually thinking death would be between, i never felt worse in my life
Withdrawing from bup and feeling tired ashell, yet couldn't sleep because of the adds that stopped gettingme high. Why did i continue taking them? Well i was dreading the comedown I'm headed for, that's how it got this far. If you don't know what it's like being up for a week on amphetamine, i would say that day 5 and would consist of a state of psychosis mixed with an overall feeling of depression and poor health. Its kind of like my brain was focused on my droid cell phone while my bodyfed amphetamine to my mouth like a conditioned monkey when i would start to crash . Well this morning was the worst i ever felt in my life and I've went through some pretty horrible withdrawals. This is because i attempted to stop taking it so i could maybe get some sleep. Well i started coming down so hard that i couldn't deal and popped 60 more mg of speed in a defeated state. It gave me a small high but the bup withdrawal started to be a little much so i rummaged through my room hoping to find some cottons to rinse from my shots earlier in t week. Then there it was, a chunk of bup about 2mg in size. It i was too jittery to shoot it. Do i threw it under my tongue, laid back down on my bed and started reading the wiki article on my android while i waited for the sub to take away the. Sickness. Well about an hour later i became so overwhelmed with euphoria that i couldn't fuckin believe it
Maybe it was an extra special high because i was so depressed over the whole situation of tweaking for a week. Lingered m mixed with being dope sick, that a rushing high like thatwas welcomed with b open arms. But as i was writing this it started wearing off
Now the intense high is l long gone and I'm crashing hard
I don't know what I'm going to do
I am struggling to not pass out of drop dead because my girlfriend is bringing me ten subs at 3 and it's 9 am. I know if i fall asleep there is no way i will be able to e wake up for the subutex. I'm in bad shape guys
The cell phone touch screen that i am using appears warped in amanor that is making the writing very awkward.. i am having delusions. I actually thought my dad was in here talking to me. I have severe depression, anxiety, and staying awake is starting to get extremely painful
. AlsoI'm nauseated when iv look at this v cell phone and realize I've been open it for a breaking week with no sleep. It is becoming almost impossible to typeon this tough screen. This is way too long, i only intended on tellingabout. My glowing experience now I'm pretty much crying v for help. What should i do to stop feeling like i need to stay awake for the bulge that's coming later also i don't want to fall asleep, malnurished and dehydrated
Ok writing this is almost impossible now. Please give advice. I I'm going to take another
30the to keep me up until at least some one replied. I'm sorry this was so long but I'm spunthe help out. Definitely in. Amphetamine psychosis. Please reply or even email me with help our advice
. Thankx [email protected]

Stop the amphetamine, drink plenty of fluids and try a benzo, calm down or youll od.

Do you have any benzos like xanax or valium even?
you're heading for a deep dark place and it appears your anxiety is making things worse. I can't tell you how safe it would be to take benzos on top of the opoids you're already on but I know if taken within reasonable doses it will help you calm down.
Don't take more amphetamines. That's for sure, hopefully someone more clued up than me can make a better or safer assessment/remedy. But you need to drink plenty of water, stop the amphetamines and prevent further panic which is making your situation worse...
But please, no more amphetamine.
Amphetamine + panic = horrendous frame of mind which will make you od.

Call your girlfriend and see if she can bring you some xanax or similar, and sooner rather than later.

Good luck buddy, I'll email you this same reply but i sincerely hopea bigger expert han me will come along with more helpful ideas.

adderall is gonna cancel out some of the opiate euphoria due to your overstimulation of the PNS. dexedrine is great with heroin/opiates because its only a CNS stimulant rather than a PNS stimulant, therefore, you get MUCH less annoying "tweaked out" feeling and just pure, intense euphoria. Meth is also GREAT with heroin, but unsafe, and i strongly recommend against it.

Also with this "opiate one hour after the amphetamine, or the other way around" stuff, I'll narrow it down for you: you have two options, simultaneously or taking the opiate on the amphetamine comedown. No other way will be satisfactory.

Personally I've always taken the stim say IV and along side it a low dose of h, then near the end its like I am hammering my plungers direct into my opoid receiptor.

Okay well let me start with im in my upper 20s and opiates literally destroyed my life for years. Suboxone is a miracle drug and even though i surely crave a bumped oc80 with 2 xany bars, im 4 years clean.
I also am bipolar and antidepressants and mood stabilzers make it all worse, much worse. Now adderall is great... at first. then it drops me like crack and makes me very paranoid.

Recently I've been on 50mg vyvanse in the am when I take my 12mg of sub after and it is truly something. Energy, focus, elevated mood… so good. I am also on 3mg xanax per day which I usually save for the evening… but when I throw them all in the morning, I am truly a happy, sharp person.
Medical Marijuana is not legal in my state, but I have tried many different strains. In the near future I know a couple puffs from a vape pen and daily excerise and emoyment… all seems too good to be true…

i noticed when i would take addys and binge all night on them, and stay awake all the way till morning, i would go to the methadone clinic me and my girl and get our dose, and EVERYTIME , it seems the methadone brings back the adderall euphoria...even when i was on suboxone i got the same effect...its a waste taking benzos to kill a speed crash, ur hypertensive, so ur gonna need 3x ur regular benzo amount, more likely u wont sleep, just be tweaked withoput feeling wacked out, same with opiates, u willl feel good but when the benzos and opiates wear off ur ack to feeling like shit. just drink water eat food take vitamins, have sex or masturbate

The reason you're getting headaches from the adderall is you're dehydrated. Drink only water and don't drink carbonated bevs like coke or seven up and your headache will dissipate. also, i find aleve to almost stmulate my amphetamine high sometimes. strange, but it does. it's weird. naproxen sodium that is.
This is actually not quite true and I know this from personal experience, I had taken adderall and antytime you take an amphetamine your blood pressure goes up, in which a side effect of high blood pressure is a headache, in my case was an excruciating headache, one like I had never felt before, a different kind of headache where i could feel my heart beat in my head, my bf has high blood pressure so he has a machine in which he can test blood pressure, my blood pressure was stroke level high, I immediately took a couple of his blood pressure meds and some aspirin. Mind you, I always have normal blood pressure, I just had a gut feeling my blood pressure had spiked cuz this was a weird headache like I had never felt and knew stimulants spike blood pressure. I had never taken adderall alone before and had always taken with pain pills, which do opposite, lower blood pressure. But it is true adderall does enhance opiate buzz but please taken with caution, starting with small amounts, BC I'm telling u that was a very scary experience for me, and I almost had to break down and go to er and told them what I had taken if my blood pressure didn't drop very soon, and we were ten mins from taking me but the blood pressure pills finally brought it down to safe levels

benzodiazepines don't have synergistic effects with amphetamines. they're often perceived as very uncomfortable when taken together. opiates and amphetamines do. it's not something you want to do regularly. it's not something you should
What is a good effect if you have methadon 5 mg ,how much can u take with ms contin 10 mg ??/

I went through a period where I hated stimulants, and I was all about downers. However, when I got on MMT i was introduced to I.V coke, and that really changed my oppinion. methadone and coke are great, and methadone and amphetamines are even better. I find it really works well together, because your not too sedated and your not too speedy. I'm the type of person that likes to get shit done while I'm high, so being over sedated is depressing to me.

I'm on mmt and I just got my adderall filled and like always I'm having a bad comedown. I don't notice the synergy with the methadone. Maybe if I take a pill before my mmt dose it will feel better.

Anyways I wanted to say that if you can get your hands on lyrica, it is a miracle drug for coming down off stims. I one was binging on adds and awake for a little over a week.. I was feeling terrible and starting pretty obvious amphetamine psychosis. I noticed I was getting low on my script of Klonopin and it wasn't helping anyways so to avoid benzo withdrawal from running out of clonazepam early I desperately started searching for an alternative. I tried my baclofen and it didn't help. Booze didn't help. Bags didn't help. Next I looked at my script of lyrica. I swallowed down 5 300mg capsules and about 2 hours later not only did I feel better but it took me completely back to normal. It didn't just help but I felt like I never took an upper before. Seriously that stuff is magic. I don't know if you consider it a downer but it works many times better than benzos. Good luck!

when I was first becoming addicted to heroin I shot up meth in the morning to get all ready to go and motivated for the day, then when my people and I were done hitting the day's licks and had the money divvied up for what we really wanted, we'd cop and shoot H in the afternoon and evening. until I started to think "why the hell am I wasting my money on this shitty meth when I could be wasting it on a little bit more heroin???" doing that never really seemed to have any ill effect on me. well except that I ended up a full-time junkie in short order.

Maybe someone can offer me some information on my situation. For the past several month I have been doing a daily cocktail of meth and H. Seems as though I have hit some kind of ceiling. I don't seem to be feeling the affects of either one very much actually not at all just keeps me from getting sick. Also I have a pretty good idea that my H is either cut with Fent. or quite possibly carfent. Not to long ago it was so strong that I ODed on less than 0.05g. After that I was extremely careful on the amount I done because it was putting me out could not function. However seems like my tolerance has come on quick. Thinking that it could be the source I have scored from several sources all reputable sources for usually good stuff not the best but not junk. I don't feel any of it went as high as 0.5g in one shot nothing but a low grade headache that felt funny. Does anybody know what is going on with me. I hate spending all this money just to keep from WD and no buzz.

Thanks in advance for any information.

this comment is a couple of months old, but how's it going ? and yeah I kind of know what you mean, been on pain pills for 8 years, tolerance level is decent, 11 to 15 pills a day . (Norco 10/325) daily without much of a break unless my connect is dry. I have been taking vyvannse 130mg ( spaced out ) along with my Norco use ( usually it's 9 or so when I'm amping) and it's like hell, I feel pretty decent and functional when on these things, sometimes I feel nothing which is annoying , don't know if it's the amp overpowering but it keeps me from getting sick. the come down always gets me though , but I can't function without my opies. I can do fine without my amps, if I have enough opies to last me, but when running low I combine to keep my Norco withdraws at bay when trying to hold.back . ugh , a broken ankle and bam,here with a love affair with opies years later . I do however have a chronic pain condition that keeps me with a legal script ( obviously runs out within a week) but dealing with street H, is a hit and miss, with Me, when I don't feel anything it's just the negative thought of running out which brings me down, so maybe a lot has to do with your surroundings and if you're in a happy fuck it mood , or a" shit, this sucks, didn't work last time " or I hope I feel something with this shit. sorry for the book, I ramble too much xD

I was on 30 mg (15 twice a day) oxycontin (extended), 20 mg (10 twice a day) oxycodone (direct), 1 mg (at night..sometimes 0.5) Xanax, and 40 mg (60 prescribed, 20mg every 2 hours in morning up to 3) amphetamine salts. They are all legally prescribed and I take them all for a specific reasons. The oxys I take because of degenerative discs in my back and neck (I have had 3 discs removed and fused already and do not want them to do anymore). I was on morphine but I kept seeing things that were not there (they were passive items like an extra chair or an umbrella). Then I had some anxiety issues and receive a prescription on Xanax. I have diabetes which attacked my stomach nerves causing parts of it to be unresponsive, so I had an operation to cut out part of my stomach. After the operation, I felt fine but I started to have blackouts, especially in the morning and was sleeping up to 16 hours a day. The doctor then prescribed Adderall. Now, I took the Adderall with the Oxycontin and oxycodone every morning during the weekdays when I plan weekend activities so I can go to work and function and Oxys plus Xanax at night with benadryl (the antihistamine helps me sleep). When I know I can have a day to relax, I stop the Adderall. The effect is a drowsy or sleepy day where I usually get 16-20 hours of sleep (it felt great). I never take more than prescribed and often skip the Oxycodone (direct) when my back felt okay in the morning. I know the possible side effects, understood that taking more would not help, and did not want to overdose.

That was my routine and it worked. The issue is that I have to avoid driving especially driving in the evening when the Adderall is starting to wear off. I had 3 accidents in 3 years. I was not cited in any of them (2 were deer hits and the third was before the Adderall), but if something happens and I am forced to take a drug test after an accident, I am going to jail whether the drugs had any effect on the accident at all. Also I had been working myself off the medication by slowly lowering the dosage. Last week after being at low dosage for several months, I stopped all 3 drugs and went to prescription non-opiate relief (lyrica and diclofenac). After some withdrawals, I have been off for 2 weeks and things are okay. I am more alert and I feel fine (with just a little unease and a feeling that I should be taking an opiate or xanax). I have not yet tested the back (running or lifting anything heavy) but it appears to have strengthen (underlying issue being treated with vitamin D and calcium supplements). So, it is possible to get off of them safely.

I do want to point out, I have a strong heart (tested with artery system) and healthy liver (the stomach operation included an internal check of organs) and good kidneys. My brother in law has a bad back (taking 40mg Oxy) and has a Pacemaker. He cannot take the Adderall and he gets a completely different effect from Oxy then I do. When I take Oxy, it stops the pain and I don't get a high. It just stops the pain and I can relax because I am free of it. Then I start to feel sleepy and search for stimulants like coffee and energy drinks. I can sleep great on Oxy and I think that with a change of hormone production in my stomach caused my blackouts. There were not overdoses but just me sleeping when I wasn't expecting to sleep. My brother in law cannot take Oxy at night because it keeps him awake. He doesn't feel a high either. His pacemaker was from a childhood disease but his heart is weak so a stimulant could overtax it.

Last edited: