• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Updates on the Rolling Stone 2C-T-7 Article

ikarus

Bluelighter
Three letters were printed in the March 14th, 2002 issue of Rolling Stone about their article on 2C-T-7 and the death of Joshua Robbins. And here they are:
When I read Mark Boal's article on the designer-drug underground, I was horrified and sad, like driving by a hideous train wreck that you can't look away from. I know people like Joshua Robbins. Most of the time they're fun to live through vicariously, and sometimes they're not so fun. Luckily, all of them are still around. There will always be willing buyers eager to go where no one else dares. There will always be sad parents and loved ones left behind, mourning their loss. Such is life.
Mark Longbine,
Austin, TX
Nothing can be done for the individuals who do not thoroughly investigate the substances they put into their bodies. People who ingest psychedelics, or any drug, for that matter, without doing background research on doses and appropriate conditions under which to take them, are the ones who will eventually overdose. Joshusa Robbins may have excelled in classes at school, but taking so many drugs in such a short period of time shows utter stupidity.
A. Given
Chicago, IL
You seem to be preoccupied with the idea that this seventeen-year-old died from his abuse of a legal drug. Thousands of teens die every year after poisoning themselves with alcohol, another legal drug. You make it seem as if he would still be alive if some kind of regulation had been in place or if a warning label had been included. Oh, please. The scumbag that sold him the stuff told him not to ingest it. Unfortunately, Josh Robbins was not nearly as exceptional as your article implies early on. Drugs didn't kill him; his all-too-typical adolescent behavior did.
Scott McIntyre
(via internet)

And they also noted a mistake in the article. They reported that he died on April 2nd, 2000. The correct date was April 2nd, 2001.