• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc *UPDATE* Petition From American Kratom Association URGENT!! THEY NEED YOUR HELP TODAY!!!

CoastTwoCoast

Bluelighter
Just saw this in my email from July 1st...doesn't look too good:

UPDATE ON INDONESIA AND THE PROPOSED KRATOM EXPORT BAN
Legislative Update: Mac Haddow, Senior Fellow on Public Policy

The Minister of Health in Indonesia has issued a regulation that bans kratom in Indonesia, including growing of kratom plants and exporting kratom raw material from Indonesia. The regulation provides a 5-year transition period for kratom growers to shift to another crop. The Ministry of Agriculture has sent a document in the past week to various Ministry’s in the Indonesian government recommending the ban on kratom be formalized at all levels of government.

The impact of this ban in Indonesia is potentially crippling for kratom consumers in the United States given that 95% of the world’s supply of kratom originates in Indonesia.

Some kratom advocates in the United States have received conflicting information about this regulation and have questioned whether the ban by the Ministry of Health is really in effect. The confusion is understandable given the way the Indonesian government operates, but there should be no doubt the regulation has been issued.

Last month, the AKA sent a Delegation to Indonesia that included former Congressman Matt Salmon (Arizona); Utah State Senator Curt Bramble (Utah); Jack Henningfield, Ph.D., and me to meet with Indonesian officials. The Ministry of Health senior staff confirmed the regulation had been issued, and they parroted the FDA claims about the safety and addiction liability of kratom. Despite the detailed explanation of the science that supports kratom, and compelling data presented by Dr. Henningfield, the Ministry of Health simply acknowledged the information and invited a continued dialogue but offered no commitment to rescind or review the regulation that had been issued to ban kratom.

A member of the People’s Representative Council of the Republic of Indonesia expressed surprise at the decision by the Ministry of Health to ban kratom and vowed to help in having the ban lifted. Officials at the Ministry of Trade and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs expressed support for the continued legality of kratom.

The AKA believes it is critically important that this regulation is lifted so that kratom growers in Indonesia do not convert their land to other crops. A second trip to Indonesia is planned in July to engage top Indonesian officials on the importance of maintaining a safe and legal export channel for kratom raw material into the United States.

In a June 30, 2019 news report Deputy Chairperson of the House of Representatives Commission IV, Daniel Johan, stated he was furious with the government's plan to ban kratom leaves.
CLICK HERE TO READ THE REPORT.

AKA views this as an encouraging report given that other Indonesian government officials are now challenging the ban issued by the Ministry of Health, and we are committed to provide Indonesian officials the convincing evidence on the safety profile of kratom and its continued value as an economic driver for Indonesia’s economy.

AKA is working with the Botanical Education Alliance (BEA) and responsible U.S. vendors to coordinate an advocacy campaign to work with officials in the Indonesian government to protect a secure export channel for safe kratom for the benefit of kratom consumers in the United States.

----------------------------------------------------------------

"Time is Running Out to Ask President Trump to Appoint an FDA Commissioner Who Will Follow the Science on Kratom

SIGN THE PETITION

Kratom Warriors,

Our sources are saying that President Trump is close to deciding who the next FDA Commissioner is going to be. We want to send a loud, clear message that we need a new FDA Commissioner who will commit to protect the public from dangerously adulterated kratom products, and who will follow the true science that has shown that pure kratom is being safely used by millions of American consumers.

Right now, we don't have enough signatures to make a big enough impact. Our lobbyist is saying we need at least 10,000 more signatures by the end of this week.

Can you help us today by signing and getting your friends and family to sign too?

CLICK HERE TO SIGN THE PETITION

We are in the process of arranging meetings with President Trump's administration and we want to go into these meetings carrying tens of thousands of signatures.

We have a chance to influence this decision...but it only happens with your help.

If you have already signed the petition, THANK YOU!

Once you have signed, please forward this email to your friends, family, and anyone else who would be sympathetic to our mission of protecting the rights of Americans to make their own decision about their health and well-being.

We can only win with your help!

Sincerely,

American Kratom Association"

Last edited:
yes i get the emails too. signrd petition agin and added a terse message re corruption.
thanks for posting this

I signed it but honestly they seem to be doing better than I thought. I mean I found Kratom is for sale 1 mile from where I live which surprised me, and about 6 months ago I thought we were done for.

But it's a fight that keeps needing to be fought for sure.

I like the AKA, they do a lot of good work. Even got some bills signed for clean protected kratom. I have donated almost monthly. But this is just stupid, I have signed 100 petitions in the last few years and they need to stop waving a flag and just do the work at the lower level that they can do in states. So this one pisses me off. Sorry.

The reason kratom is still around is the association with other "herbals". It is hard to outlaw another plant. I remember when the DEA guy Chuck Rosenburg backed off the scheduling, to his credit they took a good look. It just seems a bad direction to outlaw any natural product when there are so many and many more to come. Imagine what we will find in another 100 years? All kind of remedies.

I like the AKA, they do a lot of good work. Even got some bills signed for clean protected kratom. I have donated almost monthly. But this is just stupid, I have signed 100 petitions in the last few years and they need to stop waving a flag and just do the work at the lower level that they can do in states. So this one pisses me off. Sorry.

The reason kratom is still around is the association with other "herbals". It is hard to outlaw another plant. I remember when the DEA guy Chuck Rosenburg backed off the scheduling, to his credit they took a good look. It just seems a bad direction to outlaw any natural product when there are so many and many more to come. Imagine what we will find in another 100 years? All kind of remedies.

I figure the government is trying to get rid of kratom because it's a natural plant that people can get without being hooked on pain pills. Government makes tons of money from pain pills and people constantly running to rehab. They don't care if people end up dead as long as they're making money from it.

I figure the government is trying to get rid of kratom because it's a natural plant that people can get without being hooked on pain pills. Government makes tons of money from pain pills and people constantly running to rehab. They don't care if people end up dead as long as they're making money from it.

Yeah, but they keep trying and don't seem to be having much success these days.

I keep thinking it will be banned any day and then discover for the 1st time my town has a shop that sells it, Gottlieb is basically FORCED by pressure from us out of his position (and GOOD FUCKING RIDDANCE!!) and it seems we've regained some power.

I'm feeling more optimistic now that it will stay legal, at least in my state, for now.

Yeah, but they keep trying and don't seem to be having much success these days.

I keep thinking it will be banned any day and then discover for the 1st time my town has a shop that sells it, Gottlieb is basically FORCED by pressure from us out of his position (and GOOD FUCKING RIDDANCE!!) and it seems we've regained some power.

I'm feeling more optimistic now that it will stay legal, at least in my state, for now.

Yeah, my dad frequents Wild Bill's Tobacco shop for cigars. That place has kratom. When I mentioned kratom to him, he knew all about it and said people talk about it in the shop. There's one right by my house too. I still prefer to get it online unless it's an emergency.

Signed and wrote my entire story of permanent pain, intolerance of traditional opioids, seizuresfrom tramadol, and how kratom brought me back from the brink of suicide as a result of my aforementioned pain. I hope my story helps...

I'm in Ohio and it's in the deeper stages of a ban. The Ohio Board of Pharmacy didn't even read the testimonies many including myself took the time to send. The AKA was dead silent during the process as they most likely knew the board would not change their minds. I was unimpressed regardless. Still stocking up. The other states seem to be in a better spot though.

I'm in Ohio and it's in the deeper stages of a ban. The Ohio Board of Pharmacy didn't even read the testimonies many including myself took the time to send. The AKA was dead silent during the process as they most likely knew the board would not change their minds. I was unimpressed regardless. Still stocking up. The other states seem to be in a better spot though.

Wow. I miss the days when kratom wasn't on the government's radar, before it got so popular. No one had even heard of it yet when I started taking it. I'm pretty sure kratom is a threat to government as far as them losing money because it works so well. People should stock up anyway because who knows how long we'll be able to have access to it...

Signed!! Ill probably buy like 10 kilos just in case... Definitely won't hurt.

It’s fairly obvious the US government doesn’t want to start a riot by outright banning it so they go the sneaky route and pressure the Indonesian Gov to do the dirty work for them.

Shitty this is happening but couldn’t this problem be circumvented by growing it domestically? How easy/hard would this be? Take production into your own hands.

-GC

Some fuckers are trying to ban tianeptine too, even though it has never, to my knowledge, been reported in the United States . . . reminds me of that line from Naked Lunch: ". . .Addicts of drugs not yet invented . . ."
Attempting to ban everything which could help people reach their goal of getting of narcotics -- the greed and Fascism of the rehab gangsters and government power trippers should be manifest..

Doctor Benway for FDA Commissioner
"Some drug addict cut my cocaine with Sani-Flush!"

Some fuckers are trying to ban tianeptine too, even though it has never, to my knowledge, been reported in the United States . . . reminds me of that line from Naked Lunch: ". . .Addicts of drugs not yet invented . . ."
Attempting to ban everything which could help people reach their goal of getting of narcotics -- the greed and Fascism of the rehab gangsters and government power trippers should be manifest..

Doctor Benway for FDA Commissioner
"Some drug addict cut my cocaine with Sani-Flush!"

I never even got a chance to try tianeptine because it was banned right away in my state. I was pissed off because my state is literally the only one who banned it. I don't know if other states have yet.