Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Unstoppable Burps after smoking ice

pza

Bluelighter
i am quite worried as my GF went out last night and smoked about a point and a half of ice she now for the last three hours has been uncontrollably burping now almost with every breath she takes and i am quite worrried. If anyone has experienced this, has any information or knows any way to help all replies would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers Pza

There was a thread about this recently. What helps me is to drink something milky. No idea why it works, sorry.

Interesting... She has most likely inhaled a little too much and some of the burn off has been swallowed. This is quite common with bong smokers, long after they have punched a cone they burp and smoke comes out.

Your girlfriend will have some very nasty gas in her stomach from the meth and its anyones guess what effect this will have.

My suggestion is to pursue the usual remedies for gas i.e gavascon, eno etc. If that doesn't help then I suggest seeking some medical advice, a serious intestional infection is not a pleasant thing

I've been having exactly the same problem recently, Its really not fun.
It was happening to the point where I don't smoke ice at all now. I did find that making sure i had food and liquid helped, not only before I smoked but afterwards and in between.
Normal burp/indigestion cures just did nothing for me.
My theory is that it has something to do with what the ice is cut with, be it msn or whatever else. the better/purer the ice the less it happens.
Its weird though, now even if I have a line of speed or any drugs I get an overwhelming urge to burp...I don't know if thats phsychological...The only good thing about it all is that I've cut back on the drugs heaps!!! but it also means I don't enjoy myself when I do want to go out and have fun:\

yea i get burps whilst under the infulence.

its real bad especially when talking to peoples and out comes a burp and fucks up your speach 8(

i guess its just one of those annoying side effects, like cotton mouth, and clenching..

I find I burp on speed and e's!

But think about it, how well does HCl react with everything, whether it's magnesium or concrete it has an awesum reaction, most of the time producing a gas- so think, munch a pill then the Amphetamine/s reacting with the HCl it's most likely going to make a gas! Plus HCl is used in most of the synths to manufacture these *drug/s*!

I find I don't have this problem if I have racked up! I have had this problem on Ice once and I only burped once, took too much in and swollowed some smoke, like when ur smoking a BIG cone and you run out of lung Cap, but there's just the chamber... happens in the spare of the moment!

Maybe slow down your breathing and train your lungs to breathe SLOW and LONG, take up that whole dragon!

Correct me if I'm wrong! obviously everyones different.

I think it smells better coming out of the mouth than out DOWNTOWN!!!

SpecTBK=D

Last edited:
^^ I dunno it can smell pretty bad from either.....

As for burps, I am the queen of burps when it comes to drugs. I have tried to devise a method for keeping this under control.

a) eat a huge meal before going out
b) eat during the evening, usually a banana or something cause lets face it .. its sooo hard to eat when on drugs.
c) drink a couple glasses of milk when i return home
d) eat more food

Sometimes are worse than others, but from what i experience I do believe it has something to do with the acidic levels inside my stomach. As I do tend to be a naturally easily stressed person, when Ive been high for some time my body stresses out quiet a bit and the first place it starts is in my stomach. So look after the tum and the burps will die down.

i get the burps occasionally from smoking ice oor speed, neva pure meth, i find burping coincides with poor quality and that nasty soapy taste
as 4 weed, shit i get the burps and feel really sick if i swallow the smoke - once i burnt my esophagus smoking a pipe wiv no mesh :eek: and some of the burning shit actually went down my throat, i felt so sick afta that
oh and i get the hiccups wen i havnt had a toke 4 awhile its quite weird, and any time i hav the hiccups a toke cures it :\

PLEASE - stick to the topic. The "lets call it ice/meth/P/crank/yaba/shabu" issue has been done to death. Look up the thread called "My nanna can't tell an amphetamine from a methamphetamine" for a detailed discussion.

BigTrancer :)

[Edit: Added the URL for you - but the search function is very easy to use, give it a try. Just search for "nanna" and you'll find all the info you want on what to call your amphetamines... :) Actually searching for "ice meth" also works wonders. BT]

Last edited:
I think it probably has more to do with the fact she has been swallowing too much air. It's common for people to burp/fart if they end up swallowing too much air rather than naturally breathing it.

May have been worse because she was amped from the meth and was doing it without even noticing.

I'm not actually sure how you go about stopping this, perhaps analyse your breathing when you're high and try and to understand when/if you are swalling excess air.

Sounds kinda silly, I know.

I've tried meditative/breathing exercises as a solution for this, both on myself and a number of other people as it can be pretty distressing. I know how to cure hiccups through diaphragm control and yet can't seem to get this together with meth burps. One thing I can suggest is to try Mylanta or a similar antacid - there's a chance that the burping is caused by an acidic environment and they definitely seem to help with stimulant induced nausea, so it could help.

One thing I've noticed with burping and hiccups is the placebo effect is particularly strong - if you can get *something* into them under the perception it works, it well might. But as I've said, no clue on the science.

Wive's tale magic

My tried and tested method for alleviating burping is to combine two old remedies. I don't know how it will work for ice induced burping as the irritant may still be present. But it nearly always fixes 'regular' digestion related burping.

Method:

Take a deep breath and while holding that breath, slowly take 5-10 sips of water, each spaced by 1-2 seconds. Then release the breath slowly. If burping is still occurring, repeat the exercise.

Over 20 years or so of recommending this method, I've seen it work in all but a couple of cases. Perception, as aunty mentioned, may have something to do with it, but I've seen this technique work very effectively on 'unbelievers'.