View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Unpleasant experience with 2CB

dogdogcatcat

Greenlighter
I recently tried a oral dose of ~15-20 mg 2CB (Hbr powder) and experienced none of the effects that people describe. It was actually very unpleasant. My head felt heavy and strained at the same time. Body felt tired and dizzy but mentally I was too "stressed" to actually sleep. I had none of the visuals only some slight wiggling if I concentrated on somthing for a while. No euphoric feelings whatsoever. No pleasant feelings at all.

I didn't eat anything 3h before. I tried 2CB three times before with lower doses and had roughly the same experience just no as intense. Is it really possible to not react well to the drug or did I do something wrong?

Sue, we're all different, and people react differently to things. My girlfriend gets bladder pain and stomach pain from LSD, and she gets depressed from mushrooms (every time, afterwards for a couple of days), whereas for me LSD has no bodyload and I feel like it's impossible to be depressed after mushrooms. Just as an example. You're not the only person I've heard of reacting badly to 2C-B. If you look up trip reports for any psychedelic (or hell, any drug), you'll find some people that don't react well.

Yep, sounds like you've given it a shot and it doesn't play well with you. Everyone's different, and you have to listen to your body.

A lot of people love 2C-B, but for me it's...okay. It's definitely an interesting material, but not an indispensable one.

I get that the bodyload can be unpleasant but shouldn't I at least have some visuals and/or feelings of happiness/euphoria/psychedelia and stuff? How come I only get the negative effects without the positive ones. I've never read about anyone that had this issue with 2CB at that dose.

2cb becomes more visual and psychedelic at higher doses. When i use to do 2cb some friends would be almost immune to the same dose. Some people just have a natural tolerance to it.

What were you set and settings? The last thing you should try is to mix it with cannabis as somebody suggested. If alone it kicks you in the ass mixed with cannabis is a sure ticket to hell.

The only thing you may try is to optimize the set and setting or just try a different family of substances. Maybe MDMA/MDA or dissociatives, I mean, by themselves not mixed, sure

What were you set and settings? The last thing you should try is to mix it with cannabis as somebody suggested. If alone it kicks you in the ass mixed with cannabis is a sure ticket to hell.

The only thing you may try is to optimize the set and setting or just try a different family of substances. Maybe MDMA/MDA or dissociatives, I mean, by themselves not mixed, sure
2cb with weed is a perfect combo, i was suggesting simply a dose where you will have a psychedelic trip. 2cb is well tolerated just some people have a higher natural tolerance to this sort of thing. The combo of weed and 2cb is amazing and you shines the true power of the compound. OP wanted psychedelic and visuals this dose and cannabis will bring it out 30-35mg is still not a extreme dose of 2cb. 2cb can take you very deep with the right set setting dosage and combo with good friends

UPDATE:
I sent the 2CB in for lab testing and here are the results:

2C-B 72 %
2C-H Not quantified

So the stuff seems to be actual 2CB and it's just me having a bad reaction to it. I tried making a nasal spray out if it last time and I did get some euphoric/MDMA like feelings without the body load so will try experimenting with it a bit more in the future.
I have a question regarding the lab results and dosing though. From what I understand, if i want to take 20mg 2CB for instance, I would have to weigh out 5,6mg additionally (+28%) to get the correct dosage, right?

Yes that's correct, it appears. It looks like the rest is 2C-H and/or inert cuts? 2C-H is the precursor to 2C-B, so I guess there is unreacted precursor. In the case of 2C-H, that's alright because it's inactive and harmless. The fact that it's 2C-H that is unreacted means there shouldn't be any bromine left over, probably the chemist was careful and and preferred to use too little bromine rather than risk there being unreacted bromine left over, which would be quite toxic. The fact that it says unquantified for the 2C-H is odd though. Maybe there is also some inert cut? I think you're probably safe to proceed.

Dogdogcatcat, what is your experience with psychedelics? And with drugs in general? Have you succesfully tripped on something like LSD before?

No prior experience. Have only used weed and MDMA. Plan to try LSD soon.
And you enjoyed weed and MDMA? Like mentioned above, everyone reacts differently. Personal preference, 2C-B might just not be your thing. Maybe you like LSD better.

And you enjoyed weed and MDMA? Like mentioned above, everyone reacts differently. Personal preference, 2C-B might just not be your thing. Maybe you like LSD better.
Yes I enjoy weed and love MDMA. Found 2cb looking for an alternative to MDMA because of the 3 month breaks.

I tried 2cb on its own very similar to ecstacy. Also I've tried 2cb with some Lets just say Molly and that did wonders for the bodyload. Mentally I was carefree. On 2cb didnt get too many visuals but it was still fun as hell for me. Must be different strokes messing wit ya there fam. Some people don't play out well to some things.