• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

United Nations international day against Drug Abuse & Illicit Trafficking

Egzoset

Bluelighter
Why don't they do an INCB International Day Against People In Developing Countries Screaming Their Heads Off In Hospital Because There Is No Morphine? They actually are very concerned about this. I will give them a hint: buy the whole Afghan opium crop and distribute the medicine to those who need it.

Last week, as I have done for a number of years, I co-hosted a drinking and narcotics party for the anniversary of the birth of Friedrich Wilhelm Adam Sertürner (19. June 1783) and there were about 45 of us. We Skyped with some Chicagoans who drank Tussionex from shot glasses and said they are going to use the rest of their bottle for a drinking game during tomorrow's Democratic Party debate in the US. Every time the "opioid crisis" racket/power trip is mentioned, down the hatch. I predict them all ending up in a big warm hug pile on the floor by the end of the debate. Some of the candidates are master debaters, I have heard.

Last edited:
w01fg4ng - Mexico will have legal adult recreational use by October/November and I don’t see the US staying federally illegal for much longer. As you posted, Illinois went legal with a bang and it’s going to be on the ballot in several states in 2020. Even North Dakota is having another kick at the cat.

but yeah, thumbing yer nose at the UN/WHO is kinda nice for any country b/c no citizens of anywhere ever vote to have their internal politics mandated by external sources,

Tom

no citizens of anywhere ever vote to have their internal politics mandated by external sources,
So you somehow know what everyone wants at the same time ridiculing the UN for doing the same thing? That's irony.

Personally, if the state I live in legalized weed not because of our own internal politics, but by a federal ruling (that was fair and just) I would support it. There are plenty of cases where "big brother" knows best, sure not every case, but it's naive at best to assume they NEVER do.

So you somehow know what everyone wants at the same time ridiculing the UN for doing the same thing? That's irony.

Personally, if the state I live in legalized weed not because of our own internal politics, but by a federal ruling (that was fair and just) I would support it. There are plenty of cases where "big brother" knows best, sure not every case, but it's naive at best to assume they NEVER do.

You're right, I don't know what everyone wants; you're correct. I was being literal. There are not options in internal votes where one option (on the ballot box) is to allow external forces to control your destiny. I was being descriptive not prescriptive. You're right, thank God because the world would be a terrible mess if I ran itor told people what to do.

Tom

Salutations Nicomorphinist,

Why don't they do an INCB International Day Against People In Developing Countries Screaming Their Heads Off In Hospital Because There Is No Morphine?

Maybe there's an element of response to be found in this recent publication:

GCDP - Classification of Psychoactive Substances - When science was left behind (2019-Jun) [80...PNG
[ http:// www.globalcommissionondrugs.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/2019Report_EN_web.pdf ]
GCDP - Classification of Psychoactive Substances: When Science Was Left Behind. (2019-Jun)

See page 20.

The document itself got refered to in this article:

[ https://filtermag.org/2019/06/27/why-no-human-rights-section-in-2019-unodc-world-drug-report/ ]
FM: Why no Human Rights section in 2019 UNODC World Drug Report? (2019-Jun-27)

Good day, have fun!! ☮

The International Narcotics Control Board in Vienna actually has a Licit Narcotics Section and has since the beginning, I think, to assure that all nations and countries get enough for medical use, so the UNODC and UN are ignoring their own people in issuing such a report with no human rights section. Anyone who says "The US uses so much painkillers" is a dupe or a lobbyist for the rehab racket. Well, Central European countries are little and therefore use small absolute amounts but they are more sane and treat people better.

Hi again Nicomorphinist,

...the UNODC and UN are ignoring their own people in issuing such a report with no human rights section.

At least criticism from UN insiders has started to sound increasingly rational, for example some carefully-chosen words spoken by ex-commissioner Louise Arbour almost had a soothing effect on me when i heard them:

[ https:// www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeETFW_Cxj0&t=1538 ]
YouTube: Global Commission on Drug Policy - 0:25:38 to 0:32:27 (2019-Jun-25)

[ https:// www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeETFW_Cxj0&t=5245 ]
YouTube: Global Commission on Drug Policy - 1:27:25 to 1:30:15 (2019-Jun-25)

This is followed by a nicely concatenated message as its conclusion:

[ https:// www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeETFW_Cxj0&t=5717 ]
YouTube: Global Commission on Drug Policy - 1:35:17 to 1:30:15 (2019-Jun-25)

Essentially commissioner Ruth Dreifuss re-expresses a desire to refocuss "priorities" on public health, decriminalization and regulation.

So far that still ain't as in heaven on earth but it sure seems like a more suitable/appropriate attitude to display on such matters, especially in front of a camera while being aware it's going to show up on YouTube!... Most obviously this organisation needs to learn from their own mistakes, yet personally i also fail to find comfort thinking the ping-pong tactics shall persist until decision-makers are rendered truly accountable and i don't know who can afford to wait that long.

Good day, have fun!! ☮