• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Unique Situation-Do I Have to Worry About Precipitated Withdrawal??

daddysgone

Bluelighter
hey all
So I find myself in a very odd circumstance and hoping I can find an answer to this question.

I am on bupe maintenance (2mg per day-1mg 2X per day). Anyhow, I have not taken any other opioids in several months aside from my daily bupe.

This morning I took my morning dose of 1mg, and for some reason I decided to sniff a bit of dope that I had lying around about an hour ago.

Even though I took 1mg of bupe earlier today, I am still feeling the effects of the dope because 1mg of bupe doesn't really block the effects of other opioids that much.

Anyhow, as I said this is the first time I've had dope in several months, and believe it or not, I am not enjoying the effects at all, and really wish I had not taken it.

So, Im wondering if I can safely take 1mg of bupe now, or might this cause precipitated withdrawal. I know that ordinarily you are supposed to wait until you feel withdrawal before taking bupe, but since I took my dose this morning, the bupe is already in my system, so Im wondering if taking my evening dose of 1mg would be safe.

I only took the dope about an hour ago and still feel the effects obviously, so what would happen if I took the bupe? Would it simply kill the effects of the dope? Would it cause precipitated withdrawal? Would it actually add to the high? I can't figure this one out. Anyone have any experience with this or advice? Thanks-DG

I would wait.

If you feel the dope than I think it may be enough to cause pwd if you use now.

Hmmm.. Im thinking the same thing. Its possible that it might be fine to take the bupe, but its probably not worth the risk.

Its weird, I havent taken any other opioids besides bupe for so long and I figured I would treat myself today, but for some reason Im just not enjoying the dope and am wishing the effects would just end so that I can jump back on bupe.

Do you think that once the effects wear off later tonight I will be ok to dose with bupe, or might that cause precipitated withdrawal as well.

Please everyone bear in mind that I took my morning dose of bupe so its already in my system (this is what is making wonder whether or not its even possible to get precipitated withdrawal).-DG

Yeah wait until the dope is no longer felt is the best advice I can give you... From an iP
AD! Lol jkjk but seriously.

I think 12 hours would probably be plenty long enough to wait, if you want to be completely sure 24, Im sure you know this already though.

on the devils advocate side Ive never seen or heard of anyone going into pwd off 1mg, although it should be plenty possible in theory.

Ive personally done the same thing and been fine. Also i know a lot of people wont agree with this but if you take the bupe tiny amounts (.25-.5mg) every half hour ive found that you can dose a lot sooner than normal. Its worked for me and my friend at least.

1mg is a very small dose so I would be vary surprised if it caused pwd. Wait maybe 8 hours after your dose and then take another 1mg of bupe if you want. If your really worried, take it when you wake up the next morning. I have used 2mg of bupe in the morning and gotten high 6 hours later, then dosed again before bed and was fine.

Just a warning I have gotten precipitated withdrawal from .5mg but this was less than 12 hours after my last dose of h. I wasnt in COMPLETE hell but I went from feeling pretty bad to fucking SHIT. Nothing that doing some mroe dope couldnt fix...but still sucked for like 2 hours until I got some.

You should wait.

This isn't really that unique of a situation. The simple fact is you take a full agonist opiate, so you're going to have to wait to take Suboxone to ensure you don't have precipitated withdrawals.

It's pretty simple.

You should wait.

This isn't really that unique of a situation. The simple fact is you take a full agonist opiate, so you're going to have to wait to take Suboxone to ensure you don't have precipitated withdrawals.

It's pretty simple.

Well I thought it differed in that since I have been on bupe maintenance, and taken my morning dose, the bupe would already be in my system. I thought that this fact might actually preclude the possibility of PWD.

Do you understand my reasoning? If someone is on maintenance and takes their morning dose, the bupe will be in their system for at least the remainder of the day. If they then take a full agonist later in the day, would it really matter if they took more bupe later that same day? It seems that the morning dose of 1mg should still be doing its work of partially blocking other agonists, so why would taking another 1mg later in the day change things? -DG

I think you would be fine. It doesn't sound like you did enough dope to get blasted or anything, meaning your receptors probably weren't saturated with the small amount of full agonist you took. Therefore, I doubt there would be enough Diamorphine on your receptors to cause discomfort if you were to take Buprenorphine, and risk it outcompeting the dope for receptor realestate.

Yea I get your reasoning,

Your wondering if youd go into pwd or not because the suboxone was in your system the whole time and you didn't really miss a dose....

I have thought the same thing and used the same logic, one time I went into PWD 10 hours after a 16 mg dilaudid shot though, ouch, ever since than ive err'd on the safe side.

At 1 mg though, Ive never had that little throw me or seen it throw anyone into pwd, IDK its a toss up kind of.

ooooh, somehow I missed the part about taking the morning dose. Whoops, sorry about that.

In that case, and like smokey said, you didn't really take much heroin, I don't really think you'd have much to worry about, but I don't know for sure. I'm not exactly sure about what would happen in that scenario. Every time I did dope the same day I took Suboxone, I always did enough (more than normal) to get sufficiently high, and would always wait till I started withdrawing to take my next dose of Suboxone, so I do not know from first hand experience if it will cause precipitated withdrawal or not.