• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Under the INFLUENCE OF DRUGS

if that id chick started staring at my eyes and asking me stupid questions i would have spit in her face, u cant always tell someone who is peakin by there pupils. its brisvegas and its in the valley of course people are gonna be on something!@

^^^
Then the bouncers would kick the living shit out of you, charge you with assault and you'd be hauled off by the cops.

^ she kept trying to look into my eyes, i couldnt really look at her. i guess she just doin her job, but pretty much everyone is on something imo.

darko_e >> hmm not a good option. slightly different circumstances but yeh got the whole "hey buddy, talk a walk for half and hour and then come back"...I didn't go as far as spitting in faces but it got pretty nasty. I am presently now sitting out a rather long (indefinite) ban from that lovely establishment. Incidently i think it may be the same one you are all referring too, i'm not 100% sure. but i think my point is, especially if you go there heaps (every weekend 8) ), just be real nice and do whatever they say cos an indefinite ban sucks when all your mates now have to start going to different places - especially in brisbane where personally I'd argue there is only one wicked place, which I now can't go to, and neither can my friends. bouncers remember faces, remember all your various "witty" remarks which you and your mates think are hilarious..but at the end of the day them letting you in is a pretty integral part of any wicked nite out...so be nice :) security guards/bouncers and door people are nice, people who deserve respect and thanks for giving up their nights to keep the riff raff out of your favourite club :) (i have learnt my lesson please let me back in if anyone who reads this is from that club :( )

I can understand rejecting people who are obviously really pissed, but seriously, whats the deal with stopping munted people from entering? "Oh shit, they might hug too many people!" What a tradegy. Actually reminds me of the time I got rejected from an SA venue, apparently i was "too casual" despite wearing a shirt w/ collor (sp?) and (not baggy) jeans. I think it was more to do with the fact my belt set off the metal detector and they prolly thought I was carrying a knife or some kinda weapon 8) (though if this was the reason then I think the bouncer should have been the one to stop me from entering, not the ID chick, which brings me back to what I said before, maybe they just dont like the look of you)

thats true, they do have to try to judge a book by its cover. i was well dressed and im a reasonably goodlooking guy holding hands wit my fiance. (mite be the mullet im trying to grow?) but maybe looked like trouble?? not sure, it would be hard to single people out for being under the influence when 90% maybe are. who do you chose if any to single out?

Well thats it, I dont think they should choose to single any one out, they should only use the power they have to stop people who are obviously going to be a problem. Just because people have power over others, doesnt mean they have to demonstrate that power. Mods on this forum can ban people, but im sure they dont go around on a banning spree just because 'they can'. Its a pity not everyone thinks this way, and some seem to think that the small amount of power they hold over people (in whatever manner it may be) must be demonstrated. This is very unjust imo.

peaked said:
I can understand rejecting people who are obviously really pissed, but seriously, whats the deal with stopping munted people from entering? "Oh shit, they might hug too many people!" What a tradegy.

I'd say it's more about legal liability than any innate prejudice.

These clubs fork out thousands for insurance, and have a reputation that can be stained in an instant by bad media publicity of "collapsed/dying ravers on death drug" or whatever the mainstream news decides to call it.

I've no doubt they're acting on orders from management, not their own prejudice. Everything is a business these days.

Thats a good point, and one that I didnt really consider when I wrote my post. I was actually thinking of editing what I said, based on what somone said on the previous page about club owners not wanting people overdosing in the club (most likely from adultrated pills but still possibly from mdma).

Still, I dont really think it would make that much difference in practice, since those who are munted before reaching a club, most likely got their pill/s off a 'regular' dealer they knew (as in, someone they buy their pills off all the time) and assuming they dont have a crap contact, theres a pretty reasonable chance they will be getting mdxx. Compare this to those who aren't under the influence when they enter the club but are still keen to have a pill. They could end up buying off some stranger in the club who passes off god knows what as "ecstacy" and results in an OD anyway.

I know ive made alot of assumtions in this post but I dont really think stopping people from entering the club who look "munted" is really going to do a whole lot to stop OD's.

Also, tbh I think i'm still a little annoyed at being refused entry at a particular club for (imo) no proper reason so some prejudice because of that may have seeped into my previous posts.

Last edited:
Yeah, but it's not about harm minimisation, remember? Prohibition, that's the Australian way!

These clubs fork out thousands for insurance, and have a reputation that can be stained in an instant by bad media publicity of "collapsed/dying ravers on death drug" or whatever the mainstream news decides to call it.

and punters fork out the thousands that are used to pay this insurance in the first place.

Perhaps the real reason clubs really dislike people going to clubs high on ectasy is their unlikely to consume the legal drug the club is trying to push on people.

Seriously if 500 people go to a club, and drink ONLY two bottles of water (lets say at $3 each), $6 bucks total, thats roughly only $3000 worth of revenue the club is receiving (who knows what the profit margin is). I guess people will drink but MDMA would most likely compete with the club/pubs main money maker, alcohol, thus severly reducing the clubs/pubs main money maker.

Eitherway clubs don't give a shit if your fucked up on their floors. For years they've been flauting responsible serving. Seriously when was the last time you were told to fuck off because you've drunk too much. I have never heard of anyone (not even one of those storys, "my sisters, brother, friend was told to he couldn't have any more alcohol"), been told to go away after drinking to much. Sure if your trying to get in they'll tell you to fuck off but thats just for image,
and cause the bouncers are bored

Not sure if I agree with bouncers/door chicks trying to be medical experts and diagnosing drug use in punters. In fact, the "too drunk/too fucked" line is a bad one from my point of view.

Bouncers should just say they're full or members only and tell people to move on.

Telling people they're too drunk/fucked is just asking for confrontation/challenge and trouble.

chugs said:
and punters fork out the thousands that are used to pay this insurance in the first place.

Perhaps the real reason clubs really dislike people going to clubs high on ectasy is their unlikely to consume the legal drug the club is trying to push on people.

Seriously if 500 people go to a club, and drink ONLY two bottles of water (lets say at $3 each), $6 bucks total, thats roughly only $3000 worth of revenue the club is receiving (who knows what the profit margin is). I guess people will drink but MDMA would most likely compete with the club/pubs main money maker, alcohol, thus severly reducing the clubs/pubs main money maker.

Eitherway clubs don't give a shit if your fucked up on their floors. For years they've been flauting responsible serving. Seriously when was the last time you were told to fuck off because you've drunk too much. I have never heard of anyone (not even one of those storys, "my sisters, brother, friend was told to he couldn't have any more alcohol"), been told to go away after drinking to much. Sure if your trying to get in they'll tell you to fuck off but thats just for image,
and cause the bouncers are bored

Yeah, good point. This actually happened to the club owned by the lead character (?) in 24 hour party people (based on a true story). Every man and their dog was going to this club but it went bust because no one was buying piss!

I'm not sure how clubs frequented by e users actually turn a profit, unless the owners are dealing or taking a slice of dealers' profits. I guess that's why they charge $30 for entry and $9 for a bottle of water :\

hoptis said:

Bouncers should just say they're full or members only and tell people to move on.

Telling people they're too drunk/fucked is just asking for confrontation/challenge and trouble.

I have to disagree with u there hoptis, surely that can cause more problems when they proceed to let in dozens of people after they have knocked someone back for not being a member or the place is full. Im sure that has happened to a lot of us when you know its bullshit, it has happened to me and that pisses me off no end. The best one i ever had was getting knocked back for not wearing a belt. WTF? Ended up my mate went in to tell our friends we weren't gonna make it, while i waited out the front next to the door and proceeded to point out to the bouncer every person after me who didnt have a belt (90% ) and got let in. Luckily i never wanted to go there again because i dont think he was overly impressed with me :)

One of the funniest times i got knocked back, was at a club i used to get knocked back from on a semi regular basis. Me and a mate were pretty pissed and true to form get to the front of the line and "nope sorry fellas, u cant go in". the reason was that my m8 was wearing 3/4 pants. Well im a little short ass, skinny bloke, and my m8 is probably 8-9 inches taller than me and a good 30-35 kilos heavier, anyway bein the pissed idiot i am i came up with a brilliant solution, i say to one of the bouncers " look im a shortass how about we go around the corner, change pants, his 3/4's will be full length on me, and my jeans are too long for me (i had them folded inside the leg) so they'll be full length on him, will that work?" he had a little giggle and says yeah that'll be fine, knowing we wont be stupid enough to do any such thing. So anyway, once we finished changing pants lol, im sitting there holding up my mates pants around my waist because they are at least 10 inches too big for me, but they were full length on me, and my mate has my jeans only just covering his crotch with the button and zip wide open, luckily he had a long shirt on, and he couldnt even bend his knees because they were so tight on him, he looked like frankenstein when he walked. So we go back, the bouncer just about pisses himself laughing at us and says "sorry guys if it was up to me, u would be straight in, but was the manager who knocked u back", he calls over the manager who laughs his ass off lets us in without paying, and gives me a drink card. Then everyone laughs their asses off at my m8 tryin to walk up the flight of stairs to get inside, needless to say we went straight to toilets to change lol. Funny thing though i never got knocked back from that club again.

I've had that problem at a place in brisbane, but once she saw i was on happy stuff she said "fuck you are chopped, come on in" hahahah

^^^

LOL... great story.

I take it your name is related to the once great Freakazoid parties Melbourne used to have?

I still think "members only" is a valid line for bouncers to give, if they simply don't think you're good enough for the club. Saying crap about not having the right belt/shoes/pants (when it's not true) or that you're "under the influence" (rubbish, everyone in the club is fucked)... is just a flat out, pointless lie. It just invites a verbal or even physical challenge.

Everyone pretty much understands what "members only" implies.

I got that line once ("You're under the influence") when I ducked out of a club to the car park and the doors were shut when I got back because it was so crowded. Head bouncer dude just made it up because he didn't want to let me back in.

Five minutes later, I ended up being snuck in through a side door by a friend, met the manager who hooked me up with a membership. =D Now, even when I'm really, really "under the influence", they can't lock me out.