• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Uncontrollable shaking from drug abuse? Poppy tea?

noone1

Bluelighter
During my usual weekend poppy tea binge I added very low doses of DXM to the mix, magnesium and alcohol. I was better than fine felt really great and stayed up all night. The day after I popped a low dose of dxm (30m) some magnesium and a stool softener (ducosate) in the morning usually this will keep a little of the poppy tea magic going in my system and keep me regular.

A couple hours later my hands started shaking like they never have before. If I didn't have benzos on hand I think I would have ended up in the hospital. They shook for a couple hours even after the benzo hit and it didn't go away until I took a nap.

Has anybody experienced this? Did I overdo the dxm even if it was many small doses spaced hours apart ? Did the stool softener mix with the other drugs somehow? It has me freaked out. I've used again since then since no problems. This was a couple weeks back. I haven't had any shaking since.

I guess it could have just been a panic attack but I've never shook that bad before. blood pressure problems maybe?

Sounds like maybe a high level of thebaine was in that tea? It can be pretty toxic and I think one of the side effects is tremors or shaking hands.

IMO it's anxiety from the drugs you took.

You said so yourself you took the benzos and then felt better. You also said you might've ended in the hospital. High level of anxiety can give you a heart attack of stroke....PLEASE BE CAREFUL.

Sounds like maybe a high level of thebaine was in that tea? It can be pretty toxic and I think one of the side effects is tremors or shaking hands.

It had been 15+ hours since I had any tea. All I took that morning was what I mentioned in my OP. I find it hard to believe it would last that long and then just creep up all of a sudden. This new source for my seeds also feels much cleaner I get no stimulation from the seeds instead I get heavy sedation and euphoria like an opiate is supposed to in fact it calms me down now instead of the jerks and tremors from the old seeds.

I've found a couple of other threads where people started shaking after an opiate dose but it never leads anywhere.

You said so yourself you took the benzos and then felt better. You also said you might've ended in the hospital. High level of anxiety can give you a heart attack of stroke....PLEASE BE CAREFUL.

Well I felt better in the sense that I took a high dose of benzos and combined with the DXM and magnesium in my system it made me extremely calm and sedate but I was still shaking like I had parkinsons for another 2 hours or so. It didn't go away until I went to sleep.

No one has felt this before? I guess I will have to resign myself to the fact that I will never know. I did stay up all night and binge eating garbage foods with lots of whiskey and beer. I'm not young anymore. I bet it's blood pressure and anxiety induced.

I dont know what DXM is , but swim has 25 years + making opium, tea etc and never had anxiety or shaking from it, ive had something sorta like it from Tramadol.
I would maybe suggest it was a combination of lack of sleep plus drugs, as our bodies tend to react diffrently to drugs after lack of sleep, also the fact it went when you slept makes me think it was your body telling you that you needed natural sleep not drugs.

Just keep an eye out for it in the future.

stop parroting ignornace you bloody idiot

Update: this ended up happening again with me staying up and drinking all night with only a few hours of sleep over 3 days. I took shots of DXM between 30mg-60mg very sparingly.

I took one last shot of dxm hours after my last PST dose and the shaking started again but worse than before I've never had a seizure but it felt like I was about to have one. I guess it could have been a panic attack but this was beyond any panic attack I had ever felt. This time I had to take 1mg of xanax to stop the feeling that doesn't sound like much but for me that is a huge dose.

DXM normally is an anticonvulsant but I note when taken with other drugs it becomes a convulsant and when redosed the properties of it change becoming more intense DXO. I really do think it is some sort of seizure or serotonin syndrome from staying up for days and being constantly high.

Be careful with poppy tea it's got like 100 different alkaloids in it , and the high isnt worth the pain and suffering it out you through. i think mixing the dextromethorphan and poppy seeds was a bad combination , it mint have made your panic attack go for hours should tell your doctor about it he might be able to give you something like lyrica (pregabalin) it's a anti seizure medication I would bet my last dollar on that if you had a lyrica on hand it would of made it go away