• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Ultimate Poppy Pod/Seed Tea Mega Merged Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jabberwocky

Frumious Bandersnatch
Alright guys, the old thread has reached over 1000 posts so time for part 3 of the Poppy Pod/Seed Tea Thread.

Please put all your relative questions in here, else you'll find them merged in here.

Part I
Part II

Steep away! errr well maybe don't steep;)

if you find your post has disappeared it is likely because it is off topic and not adding to the topic at hand.

BodhiSvaha33 said:
A lot of this has been covered elsewhere but I wanted to make a single thread revolving around the noble aim of getting as high as possible for your poppy $$, share my experiences, and solicit others' ideas.

Seeds or Pods?
My experience: either works, subjective effect is indistinguishable, however the potency of seeds is simply too variable. I stick with pods.

What Kind?
As long as it's Papaver somniferum, it doesn't seem to matter much. Larger pods are more expensive gram-for-gram than small ones (probably because they are more sought after by flower arrangers), so I buy small pods, strain irrelevant.

How to Prepare?
For seeds: actives are all on the outside, so the best prep method is to shake for a minute or two in hot water and then strain. Steeping merely causes morphine in solution to soak into the seeds and be lost.

For pods: Grinding into a fine powder is my preferred method, but simply crushing the pods by hand seems to work just as well. Dosing by weight of ground powder is highly recommended to standardize the experience and lower the risk of accidental OD. I place the powder in tea filters and steep it in ~90C water (not quite boiling) for 20-30 minutes. Acidifying the water does not seem to help. After I do a hot water extraction, I generally leave the powder in cold water for another 8-12 hours and then use that water as a base for the next batch of tea. This does improve potency a fair amount.

How to Administer?
There are three good options: eat the pods, drink the tea, or plug the tea. Eating the pods is certainly the best way to get all the actives, but I opt for plugging in order to avoid unpleasant GI side effects. Rachamim mentioned in another thread that basifying the tea might help with bioavailability when plugging. I tried this today (3g calcium carbonate added to 750mL of solution), but it had no appreciable effect other than a burning sensation when plugged.

How to Potentiate?
Cimetidine (Tagamet) and grapefruit juice are usually mentioned as good potentiators. They seem to make little difference when plugging, probably because drugs absorbed through the colon are only partially subject to first-pass metabolism in any case. Even when poppies are consumed orally, the potentiation is not likely to be more than 10% or so. Worth a try, but don't get your hopes up.

Two substances that do work very well in combination with poppy tea are DXM (dextromethorphan, available OTC in cough remedies, but make sure it's the only active ingredient), and diphenhydramine (available in OTC allergy medications). I have found that even the "recommended" dose of these substances produces substantial effects in combination with poppy tea. I'm not sure potentiation is the correct term, though, because these substances are each psychoactive independently and add their own coloration to the experience. For instance, diphenhydramine makes me very sleepy. YMMV.

IMO the best "potentiator" of poppy tea is set and setting. Using the tea when you are relaxed and have no responsibilities or places to go is the best way to ensure a positive experience.

Tolerance
Tolerance is an unfortunate fact of life with opiates, and morphine is the original opiate. I have heard anecdotal reports that using small amounts of DXM daily can reduce opiate tolerance, but I have seen no clinical data on this and in my experience the effect is minor.

method for purifying tea, more than just evapourating the water (posted from DexterMeth here)

Last edited by a moderator:
oh cool i got the last post in the second thread AND THE FIRST IN THIS!

but...

has anyone noticed quality of their pods not what it used to be? someone was asking in the last thread about this and i told him that i had to up my dose by half of what it was before to get to where i want to be.
my boxes were kinda skimpy too but i said something to my guy and he hooked it up. I got a good amount more than normally from this and he made sure there were no moldy / crappy ones in there. only lasted as long as my normal boxes, if that.

Yea I have noticed that the quality of the pods within the last couple months has definitely went down a bit. I wouldn't go as far to say I have to double my dose, but if 10 pods did it before, I need maybe 12-14 now.

And no this is not due to tolerance as I do not take them to often.

Got a box of 50 large coming today so we'll see how it goes.

I bought a bunch of pods once back about 9 months ago or so when a popular website had a lot of different sellers/vendors offering it and the potency was good. Then a few months later when they became harder to obtain I bought the same amount of same size from a different seller/vendor and I didn't even get a buzz. My tolerance was slightly higher then, but I still should have felt something. I still have the plant matter and I have not done anything with it.

I had the pod matter ground up finely from a food processor and stuffed into capsules. I would just swallow a bunch of the capsules, enough to equal to about 3 giant pods which originally got me high.

Nib you mention needing 12-14 pods. How do you consume that much? If you make a tea, how are you able to 'cook' that many into an amount of liquid that isn't brutal to drink?

Yea i do make a tea. It comes out to about maybe a pint - pint 1/2 of liquid. As long as it's still warm I can chug it down no problem. I take Kratom daily so PPT ain't shit.

^Have you been using pods for a long time regularly? It sounds like it could just be tolerance.

So is this mold? There is no bad smell and the pod isn't soft or brittle at all. The outside

NSFW:
p1010217.jpg

p1010220q.jpg

p1010215s.jpg

p1010216n.jpg

Click on the pictures for a better(bigger) view.

[i put those pics in nsfw tags because they're already huge - leftwing]

can I grind the "crowns"?

can I grind up my crowns in just a regular coffee grinder? what about the stems. and should I break or cut the stems and/or the crowns before I grind them?

Crowns are fine in a regular coffee grinder, they should be brittle enough. The stems I usually would split in half length-wise so they weren't so thick but idk if this was necessary. The stems won't get as fine as the pods though, it'll remain kind of stringy.

Has anyone noticed a loss of potency if you grind up the pods ahead of time and leave them for say a month? I grind up my pods as soon as I get them to do it all at once and avoid having to grind them up everytime I want tea. But recently I haven't been feeling as good off them and feel kinda sick the day after. Can this be from using old grounds or is it just a coincidence?

i possibly noticed it....
im not sure. i used to grind them all when i got them but dont anymore. every once in awhile ill grind more than i need and they will sit for a few days in a bag thats just rolled up open. i think they might lose something but it could very well be placebo.

Well after using the pods from this new order 3 times, I would say the potency is pretty damn good. I used 14 the first day which got me pretty nice, 12 on the second which may have even been better then the 14, and now 10 today which still did a very good job. Overall it feels more like the highs i got on the first order and definitely better then the previous orders.

Gonna have to take a few days off now before I take anymore. We'll see how that turns out though.

Are poppy pods still available to buy online? The site I used to get them from has closed down. I can find lots of sites selling the seeds but not the pods. Im not looking for sources I just wanted to know if it still possible to get pods online?

Thanks

Well after using the pods from this new order 3 times, I would say the potency is pretty damn good. I used 14 the first day which got me pretty nice, 12 on the second which may have even been better then the 14, and now 10 today which still did a very good job. Overall it feels more like the highs i got on the first order and definitely better then the previous orders.

Gonna have to take a few days off now before I take anymore. We'll see how that turns out though.

we might be using the same vendor! my batch that i got yesterday was REALLY good, way better than its been. the guy said they were "different". dont know what he meant by that but maybe it came from a new crop or something. either way i got high as fuck and i did 1/2 the dose that i've been using.
i also took some benadryl with it. this could be the reason i got so wasted.

Advice on the best pods

Hello, I've been searching this website for a couple hours now, and maybe I am not looking in the right place... :(I NEED HELP:(..I ordered a case of pods several years ago, and the tea was of immense comfort to me. However, I can't remember what I ordered, and was hoping someone could advise me on the best type of pod. I see Turkish, purplish, golf-ball, apple sized, etc. I need need some advice on which type to get. I have a semi-high tolerance to opiates, as it usually takes at least 4 hydros 10's to make me feel good and ease my pain. I don't want to overdose, nor waste my money.. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I am by no means asking for sources or vendors. Thank you :)

YES!!

To the first poster I think that was me (I didn't read if you responded to me but I know I was the first to mention the quality of multiple vendors sucking recently).

It literally happened one week about 2 months ago. And ever since this I've now been in a funk trying to avoid wds.

I won't mention names but theres not really a whole hell of a lot of vendors right now, 3 who prob take up 90% of the business on the net. I stopped ordering from my main vendor and went to a more expensive place, and her pods were amazing. The following week I ordered again and her pods were worse then my original supplier.

I went and made an emergeny order to avoid wd (doing express) from the 3rd vendor, and those pods too were shit.
Went BACK to my original vendor, and they were ALL crap at this point.

My theory is simple. All these pods must be coming from the same country/place of origin. And I do know quality flucuates with seasons, but I've always had at least ONE good vendor and now have none.

Literally EVERY vendor is selling shit pods right now. Not moldy or stale, just very weak. 10-12 pods use to get me HIGH AS A KITE and I am now taking around 10-12 a day just to avoid wds, its sad how much money I'm wasting since this happened.

I came here posting thinking my tolerance literally went up in one day, and people were agreeing with me so I assumed it was that. But its obvious from all the feedback (and couple of pms I got after that post) that pods right now are in a terrible state. Maybe the weather is getting to them, maybe the last batch from whatever country were all picked prematurely, idk why.

But I have been alternating vendors EVERY order ever since.
Its really fucking up my life because these new pods won't carry me through a day, and I seem to be getting other less desirable doses of shit thats making me extremely tired and my muscles spastic (stiff all day and fatigued).

I've been going crazy trying to figure it out, and it CAN'T be my tolerance. It has to be the vendors and it sucks. Even extremely high doses (last fri I took 120gm - around 20 pods) for just a bit of warmth and euphoria, very minor, and almost no itches which is weird too.

I don't know when this will resolve itself, I know in spring the quality of pods seems to get much better, but if I have to make it all winter in this half state of withdrawal its not happening.

Which is also why 2 weeks ago I ordered a crapload of codeine and tramadol. As soon as it gets here (actually suppose to be here tommorow finally) I'm tapering myself off the pods BECAUSE of this whole situation.
At this point I'm spending around 4-500 bucks a month on pods, JUST to stay out of wds. A few months ago I was spending 250-300, and was getting high every night, so I can't afford it and its just not worth it anymore.

[snip - don't advertise that here, thanks, check out the guidelines - leftwing]

-Bo

And note, if you are a NEW user, and have only been using pods for a week or month or so, its very likely you haven't noticed this.

You CAN still get high off the pods, but only if you have virtually no tolerance. I did try lowering my tolerance substantially, and STILL these pods completely suck and fail at getting me anywhere near hi.

how many grams of seeds do i need to make tea?? i have 28 grams in my spice rake lol

how many grams of seeds do i need to make tea?? i have 28 grams in my spice rake lol

It won't work, especially if its in one of those fancy spice bottles. Very good chance they got rinsed.
You need to find a wholesale bulk distributor, and people often use upward of a 1lb or more just to make seed tea (which is why its not worth it imo when you can just buy pods).

Try wholefoods they may have it.

Since I am new here, I guess it won't let me sent PM's yet but just wanted to say thank you to Bojangles, I think I will wait to order pods. Please keep us informed if the supply gets any better.
Thanks again, I was ready to place an order!

Status
Not open for further replies.