European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

UK staycation- where to go?

Jabberwocky

Frumious Bandersnatch
So, my holiday to Tajikistan and Uzbekistan has just been cancelled due to the pandemic. I would still like to go somewhere that is not Manchester, because even if this is the greatest city on Earth, I'd like to feel like i'm on holiday.

a while back i developed the theory that actually every town in the UK was a shithole, even ones that look nice, like Norwich, are actually shitholes once you leave the chocolate boxy centre (which is actually gorgeous).

where the fuck do i go? i did a minibreak in Liverpool once and that was cool but can't really do it again. not Leeds because I lived there, and it is definitely a shithole. i have a friend in birmingham so have been there a few times already. if you are thinking of suggesting coventry then get your head looked at. i don't really want more than 5 hours on a train, and don't drive. i would like a cool museum or two or maybe some hiking.

I would say Cornwall. The only half decent place to 'holiday' in the UK. Still a shit hole like the rest, but lovely beaches.
BUT no one wants you infectious northeners down south at the moment 😂
Plus it's probably just over 5 hours from Manny.

I actually want to go to Cornwall at some point, but yeah i'd probably destroy my carbon footprint and just fly.

i went to uni in Bristol and love it, that's an option. Cardiff I have been to and my violent bastard of an ex is from there so don't really want anything that reminds me of that douchebag.

^^^ got loadsa family/friends in Bristol and have had since the 80's - unique city nice vibes

...you could also consider Edinburgh - awesome place

I’m not a fan of Bristol if I’m honest, hate Birmingham, Coventry, Leeds is a hovel, Luton even worse.

I like bits of Wales, the area around Borth is especially lovely. (Borth zoo is actually terrible and should be shut down, how they can keep tigers and lions in a cage smaller than the average bedsit is beyond me)

I liked Cornwall, didn’t like Devon and Dorset so much. I like North Yorkshire, the Peak and Lake districts, Hornsea is my current favourite place to visit. Beaches are pretty private and even on a bank holiday you’ll be pushed to find more than a few dozen people on them.

I’m not a fan of Bristol if I’m honest, hate Birmingham, Coventry, Leeds is a hovel, Luton even worse.

I like bits of Wales, the area around Borth is especially lovely. (Borth zoo is actually terrible and should be shut down, how they can keep tigers and lions in a cage smaller than the average bedsit is beyond me)

I liked Cornwall, didn’t like Devon and Dorset so much. I like North Yorkshire, the Peak and Lake districts, Hornsea is my current favourite place to visit. Beaches are pretty private and even on a bank holiday you’ll be pushed to find more than a few dozen people on them.

Bristol has an epic music scene (well, in terms of reggae/jazz/jungle type thing anyway), great arts scene, truly awesome food scene. Bit up itself but a top place ime. What's your gripe with it?

Last edited:
Bristol just doesn’t do it for me, every time I’ve been there’s always something that’s spoilt my time down there, so maybe nothing actually wrong with Bristol in and of itself, just that I associate it with a shit ending.

Bath for a day holiday?
The Lakes though every fucker will be heading for the hills now it's holiday season.

This covid-19 will be getting worse so I'd be surprised if anyone will be allowed to travel anywhere soon.

Clacton on sea has got a pier as well. Do some proper chav spotting.
Just smaller than Blackpool.

Well if you’re considering Clayton let’s up the ante and suggest Jaywick. Not heard of it you say? Well, take a google tour and see what you think.

I used to live in Manchester and while I used to get away every weekend by going to the most awesome club nights .. I also had to get out of town sometimes. Those 3/4am grim taxi cab rides home past all that municipal greyness .. really get to ya. I'd actually recommend Scotland or Wales so you feel a bit less like your in some grim UK towm. If you want a city .. Edinburgh and Glasgow are ok - though personally I'd not want to go on holiday to them .. except maybe during the Ed. festival. Probably don't have much choice though without a car. I've never driven .. so have cultivated lots of holiday friends who can - it's worth the effort frankly.

It depends... do you like cities, the countryside, the hillside, the mountainside or the seaside? Personally I love cities. How about Glasgow? It's not 100% fully gentrified yet and is slightly rough around the edge, has got museums, bars & pubs (for what they are worth nowadays), greenery, beautiful urban landscape, and interesting people speaking with a fabulous accent.

i like cities and countryside.... not really drinking so bars and pubs less of an issue, and i wouldn't go in them given how things are right now.

from what everyone has said, its looking like scotland or wales. i have actually been to both edinburgh and glasgow. main memory of glasgow was the first time i woke up with shaking hands and thought i needed to give the booze a break.

Luton even worse.
Hands down the worst place I ever stayed in the UK 😂😂😂
Realllllly fucking easy to score drugs though, apart from ketamine - unluckily for me.
Was approached and offered weed, spice, heroin, methadone, coke, crack, mdma, acid and boxes of diaz, within an hour, just walking down the high street/through the center!

OP: I'd pick Wales over Scotland. I've actually never been to Scotland, but I've stayed in Cardiff before and I'd go back, really nice restaurants ands bars down the bay, pricey though. But, I'd easily pick Cornwall over Wales.