Writing-up [UK] Exploring Mental Health and Substance Use in the UK

slpott

Greenlighter
Hi Everyone,

My name is Sophie Pott and I’m a PhD researcher in the Department of Psychology at the University of Sheffield, UK.

We are currently conducting an online study on mental health and drug use. The aim is to develop a better understanding of relationships between different patterns of substance use, common mental health symptoms and mental health behaviours
  • Anyone aged 18-65 who currently lives in the UK is eligible to take part.
  • It's a 2-part study: you will be asked to complete 2 online questionnaires spaced 4 weeks apart. The first questionnaire takes around 20 minutes to complete and asks about your sociodemographic information (e.g. age, employment), recent drug and alcohol use, any mental health symptoms you may be experiencing and your engagement in certain behaviours. The 2nd questionnaire takes 5 minutes to complete and asks some follow-up questions about your mental health.
  • All questionnaires are completely anonymous and the study has received full ethical approval from the University of Sheffield Ethics Review Board.
If you are interested in taking part, you can find more information here: https://sheffieldpsychology.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_0JTTuPPW6YYinXv. This page gives full study information and explains how your data will be handled.

If you have any questions, please leave a comment or e-mail me at [email protected]

Thank you for reading. We greatly appreciate any time you decide to dedicate to this project.

Sophie Pott

Last edited:
Thanks those questions were difficult emotionally to answer and they left me with more questions abt my current mental state and drug habits.