• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

UK - Climate Change - Losing Our Seasons?

ChemicallyEnhanced

Bluelighter
I've been feeling like the seasons have been...merging, for want of a better word...for about a decade now. I think pretty soon - maybe by 2030 - we're going to completely lose Spring and Autumn and just have a Summer and a Winter. Spring and Autumn keep getting shorter and shorter and less distinct. We already pretty much just have a merging of summer into winter (and vice versa) with very little in between. It was hot here just a few weeks ago and it's already starting to feel like we're headed to Winter.

I'm only 23 so haven't really been around enough to notice things over a decades-long scale. I'd be curious to hear what older BLers think.
Or if any other country (yes I know the UK isn't a country) is experiencing this.

we got 24-26 celsius temperatures right now lol and no rain lately so this is unusual for october, right at the begining of september it started being very cold but idk if someone turned a heat switch on or not but right now it's like in june lol

Yeah and because of this. Liberty Caps are extremely difficult to find. So, yeah as someone who lives in Southend on Sea, Essex. The autumn and spring are getting less noticeable.

It's true. When I was a kid many years ago, there was a definite distinction between the seasons. Summers were hot winters were cold, and spring and autumn provided a transition between these two extremes. Now they all blend into one. Winters are much warmer, and spring isn't really noticable anymore as the mild winter just suddenly switches over to brief periods of very hot weather punctuated by subtropical storms. The only season that seems to be recognisable these days is autumn, but even that is over within a few weeks. I miss the seasons.

It's true. When I was a kid many years ago, there was a definite distinction between the seasons. Summers were hot winters were cold, and spring and autumn provided a transition between these two extremes. Now they all blend into one. Winters are much warmer, and spring isn't really noticable anymore as the mild winter just suddenly switches over to brief periods of very hot weather punctuated by subtropical storms. The only season that seems to be recognisable these days is autumn, but even that is over within a few weeks. I miss the seasons.

we got 24-26 celsius temperatures right now lol and no rain lately so this is unusual for october, right at the begining of september it started being very cold but idk if someone turned a heat switch on or not but right now it's like in june lol

I'm sorry, no rain lately?!?

Climate change is already making huge changes to the British myco life in every aspect from fungal
reproduction, distribution, physiology and activity.

Researchers at Kew Gardens released this stunning PDF research document on it which I highly recommend reading.

I am intending to go into Mycology in my post-grad and seeing that others have noticed that it's effecting things like the fungal production gives me some hope that others might look into it a bit more