• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

UK Cannabis Cards - November 1st 2020

Has anyone tried cannabis oil before? Not CBD, but THC oil that you drop under your tongue? I am intrigued

Seems to mostly provide the user with exemption from police prosecution as well as the government with a database of cannabis users...
Thoughts?
Thought it was a practical joke but the website seems legit... who in their sane mind would sign up except for people who don't have anything to lose? For anyone in paid employment is a shoot in the foot I would think..., no? Employment contracts often include clauses with references to drug use and moral conduct outside the workplace. Or if there is an accident, or an issue, whatever, being a fully registered user of an illegal drug it's unlikely to help.
On the plus side, it's a first important step, is that how it all started in California? Give it a couple of years and the UK Government will be looking for tax revenues left, right and centre (unfortunately). Also weed may very well function as a potent sedative to keep a lid on the possible social unrest triggered by the future many, painful and far reaching side effects of the Covid-19 and Brexit double whammy :rolleyes:

What do you think about it?

Last edited:
Yeah pretty sure it's legit, as dumbfounding as it seems.

I think for people who genuinely need it for medical reasons, they couldn't care less if it means they don't have to worry about the police anymore and can get a prescription without having to go private. For everyone else and those in paid employment, they'll probably just stick to what they do / have been doing before the cards were introduced until it becomes totally normalised in society.

A Canadian friend of mine told me that when the police started backing more liberal policies towards cannabis over there that was the beginning of the legalisation process. And apparently this card is backed by UK police so it would be amazing if they started prioritising their crimes rationally for once....

The card itself isn't enough to make me sign up yet - I want to see cannabis decriminalised totally before putting my name/house/freedom on the line. We're living in the year 2020 and one of the most benign, commonly used, plants since the dawn of time is deemed & classified more toxic & criminal than BENZOS / GBL / PIPERAZINES.

Idiots.

Has anyone tried cannabis oil before? Not CBD, but THC oil that you drop under your tongue? I am intrigued

Well I tried eating shatter (almost put shitter) which is the same thing I believe, lovely stuff, very different high to smoking, I think the 11-hydroxy from edibles is the key for deep relaxation and muscle spasms - the cbd and 9-delta you get from smoking are quite different highs.

If the British government could figure out how to tax us on something we can grow ourselves then weed would have been made legal as soon as all the tax they got from cigs started declining in the eighties

Well I tried eating shatter (almost put shitter) which is the same thing I believe, lovely stuff, very different high to smoking, I think the 11-hydroxy from edibles is the key for deep relaxation and muscle spasms - the cbd and 9-delta you get from smoking are quite different highs.
Love my edibles now thanks to the relaxation n helps so much with sleep

What kind of edibles have you got matt? I've heard that some of the gummy bears type stuff is just sweets sprayed with synthetic cannabis. Must admit the ones I had "treesofficial" gummys wern't real weed - only found out after i'd eaten real edibles.

Ya, it used to be quite common, the crusties round here used to have it for sale and it still pops up from time to time. We always smoked it painted on a joint, never had it sublingual.

Love my edibles now thanks to the relaxation n helps so much with sleep
I have had a drink every night for the last 8 days except tonight so needing a quick edible sleep aid, put enough hash for a fat joint on a spoon with some butter, heated that over a naked flame until the hash and butter was completely dissolved into a solution, stirred that into natural yogurt and can hardly type this into my phone. Zzzzzzzzz.

Just found out about this recently, did a search to see if there was already a thread and lo! Here it is.

Y'all worrying about your privacy... from the site:

How will my data be stored?​

The Police will not be given access to your data, they don't want it and understand that this would be a concern for patients. We have an anti-corruption lead on our working group who is incredibly well versed in safeguarding. The police merely need a visual cue in the form of a photo ID which can be presented to them in the event of a stop or complaint, they do not want or need access to any of your data.
GDPR is now law, in everything you sign up to now; it would be illegal for any organisation to use your data for anything that you have not given permission for. Our processes will be fully GDPR compliant, your email address will never be used for anything other than keeping you up to date. Our privacy policy is here.
We have an incredible company who have offered to build our encrypted server to keep everyone safe. This company is the leading provider in the UK, working with national institutions such as the NHS. They have offered us a massive discount due to the fact that the director is directly affected by the issues at hand. This community is great at pulling together!

If they were to share this data, they would be in violation of GDPR. Granted, we know that governments are sometimes happy to break laws when it comes to the privacy of citizens in certain instances, but I do not personally see it in this case. It's a known fact that police forces around the country have independently been discussing ways to just stop bothering enforcing cannabis laws. Everyone knows it's a waste of time and money, the police are overstretched, underfunded as it is and simply have better things to do.

If you've ever been stopped by the police and had cannabis or cannabis paraphernalia confiscated, there's probably a paper trail pointing to you as a possible cannabis user somewhere. It doesn't mean that there's one day going to be a roving anti-weed force smashing down everyone's door who might possibly have a small amount of weed in their possession (unless we end up in some kind of horrific dystopia - in which case, still, we will all have bigger problems).

The more people sign up to this, the larger the cannabis legalisation movement begins to appear, and the more financial and numerical clout these ideas will have to actually begin to move the levers of change when it comes to drug law reform in the UK.

I hardly ever smoke weed anymore - but I fully intend to apply for one of these cards at some point. It's not a get out of jail free card - but it's better than nothing - and, more importantly, it's a contribution to a movement towards saner drug laws everywhere, which is important on a grander scale than any vague sense of probably unjustified paranoia about putting your name on a database somewhere which should not be accessible to the police or government if it is done well, and which there is very little reason for them to want to access anyway. Anyone still worried about that, try to be brave and consider the greater good.

Hmm, 20 quid a year and a tenner sign up fee to carry a card that highlights you as a drug user? No thank you...