• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos UK ALTERNATIVE TO DIAZEPAM

Hezman94

Bluelighter
Diazepam makes me feel groggy and shit sometimes.
Is there an alternative in the uk NHS to diazepam a long acting none hypnotic benzo.

Temazepam works more aat 20-30mg dose than diazepam 5-10mg.

I bad 1mg lorazepam and Iwas great froidnight till later.
but dotors hate prescribing benzos theyd rather me be off whih I would but bit llae atm

Promethazine effects me like a benzo would gives me a dark but cool seductive vibe and makes some music sound awesome

Clonazepam is prescribed on the NHS, and is less sedating than diazepam, but has a similar half life.

If you're currently prescribed diazepam then just tell the truth that it's not the right medication for you due to the sedation, but it does wonders for your anxiety. You might get prescribed something different, but with enough trial and error you may get lucky. I believe Steewith2e's gets it prescribed on the NHS.

The worst that will happen is you'll lose your diazepam for a while, but you've already said that it's no good for you

Hey OP, I'm actually going to go ahead and close your other Diazepam thread. We have a limited amount of space on our front page and there are a lot of folks who also need our help. So while your case is equally important, I think it would be best for both yourself and the community as a whole to just merge all of your Benzodiazepine issues into a single location. If you have any questions, please contact me.

I thought in the UK doctors were NEVER allowed to prescribe you a benzodiazapine for more than 14 days? If you have been, be careful. Your pharmacist will be obligated to contact the authorities and report both you and you doctor. S/he could lose their licence and you could also get in legal trouble for possessing an illegal prescription.
I think the only benzo's prescribed in the UK are diazepam, clonazepam and lorazepam (you can also get midazolam as a pre-op or temazepam for sleep).
They give you Chlordiazapoxide (Librium) in hospital for alcohol withdrawal. It is a light benzo and much less sedating than diazepam, you could ask about that?
Or try Phenobarbital. It's a barbiturate not a benzo, but I find I'm a lot less sedative and more functional with it.

Why are you taking the benzos for by the way? Are you tapering from a habit or taking them irregularly to treat acute anxiety? Sleep? GAD? It would help to know.

I got severe anxiety and mood disorder, was originaly put on temazepam for hroni insonia but then i was getting withdrawal symptoms in the ay so put on diazepam and i giogot put on the 5 years ago according to psyhiatrist the gps dont want anyone on them

Yes this is true, doctors don't really prescribe benzos for long term use anymore, as they lose effectiveness with tolerance and tapering off them gives you worse anxiety than you had in the first place.
The most you could really hope for is a prn benzo for really bad days only. Doctors just throw SSRIs at you if you go in presenting anxiety now. Then you may get a beta blocker, then if they don't work you might get tricyclics, but youd be very lucky to get a benzo.