The Americas
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • NSADD Moderators: deficiT | Jen

Heroin U.S./Mexico Border Vicinity

cowboycurtis

Bluelighter
I thought it might be kind of interesting to have a finger on the pulse of the entry point for most drugs (esp. Heroin) coming into North America. I figured we could discuss trends and anomalies popping up in our world. Obviously nothing too specific and no sourcing or specific price discussion. Please review the BLUA if you have any questions.

Something I've noticed over the years: closeness to Mexican border does not equal better stuff, however, you might find it more frequently than bad stuff the closer you are. Prices have been pretty consistent over the last 10 years and really don't seem to change as you get closer to Mexico. In fact I think I've generally paid more even right on the border, though I was less than 100 miles further north. Maybe I just had a good plug there, I don't know. Now once you're across the border that's a different story. Dirt cheap less than 15 miles away and a world of difference in quality. When I was in Tijuana they didn't even use metal cookers. Dude gave me a plastic spoon and I was like WTF? But it dissolved like instantly and half a Mexican nick bag, like less than half a point, would get me proper. I've mostly encountered tar, but have seen powder on a handful of occasions. Really wasn't all that much better once the novelty wore off IMO. I've also never had any dope qualitatively analyzed. I would be very curious to know how purity ranges around the continent. I know that for me I would typically shoot about .1-.16 with a tolerance so referencing pure dosages from Erowid it seems like the dope I was getting was probably 40%-60% pure more or less. That seems a bit high but I'm not sure what the average would be around the country. And if those numbers bear any truth then that means the shit I was doing in Mexico was like 80%-90% pure and they're cutting that shit almost in half before it makes it barely 20 miles further north. Crazy.