Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

U.K. - Drug dealers posing as joggers and NHS staff in Covid-19 lockdown

S.J.B.

Bluelight Crew
Drug dealers posing as joggers and NHS staff in Covid-19 lockdown
Jamie Grierson
The Guardian
May 7th, 2020
Drug dealers are posing as joggers or using fake NHS ID badges to continue their trade during the Covid-19 lockdown, an expert on gangs has found.

Prof Simon Harding, the director of the National Centre for Gang Research at the University of West London, said “county lines” gangs were finding new ways of doing business.

Many dealers were heeding government advice on physical distancing, turning to social media, drive-by sales or letterbox drops to avoid infection, he said.

But some have dressed as joggers to avoid police detection, while others have made fake NHS ID badges to continue street dealing.

“On one hand, they really are heeding government advice on social distancing, but at the same time it is business as usual and as people were panic-buying food, dealers were running bulk deals and selling lockdown party packs,” Harding said.
Read the full story here.

maybe the dealers are just exercising more, you know, good health

Better make jogging grounds for stop and search then I guess. Is this news? Struggling to understand the point of this article. Jamie Grierson, maybe you should write about how paint dries or something next.

They act like this is surprising. Like the illegal drug trade was just gonna go "damn, now that we're in lockdown I guess we can't sell drugs anymore".

The dealers by me are carrying on as usual.
It’s not a proper lockdown so no police are stopping asking why your out the house.

The dealers by me are carrying on as usual.
It’s not a proper lockdown so no police are stopping asking why your out the house.

Same here. Cops dont seem to really give a shit round my way.

That's hot, I love it. Keep selling the dope, don't let the nazi state stop you boys!