• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Tylenol #4 and gabapentin chronic pain need help

F

Fibrosucks

I have fibromyalgia and have pain a lot. I used to be on norco 10/325 3x a day but now the doc put me on tylenol #4 3x a day and gabapentin 4x a day. Anyway it helps with the pain off and on. I don't get it. Sometimes i eat granola with almond milk right after i take my dose and i am feeling really awesome but then sometimes i eat other stuff (cuz i get sick of granola everday) it's like someone gave me a sugar pill what gives? anyone have any suggestions to make my meds work better? or at least answers as to why the granola/almond milk mixture works? and why do they say to take it with food if i eat to much food through out the day my meds don't work at all no matter how much granola i eat. Please help me.

Taking your codeine on a empty stomach can make you vomit and or make your tummy hurt.

In my experience with all opioids in general, a good fatty snack can help them come alive faster and be more effective. I often take my dose of Roxi 15mg on an empty stomach followed immediately by a piece of really buttery sourdough toast. It seems to help a lot compared to just an empty stomach.

I have also noted that some food/drink seem to lessen the effects. For example orange juice and a 711brand breakfast burrito seems to delay the onset significantly. The green salsa from Albertos seemed to synergize the effects of Norco and Oxycodonen significantly. Little tricks I learned as I went along.

I know it seems kinds far fetched but these methods worked for me and are worth a shot IMO.

John Doe

EDIT: Be careful with the gabapentin. That stuff gave me a plethora of side effects among which were feeling like a zombie so to speak, swelling of extremeties, weight gain, and bathroom issues. Not saying your gonna experience this as everyone is different but maybe just keep an eye out for these things.

Last edited: