• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Two questions about Vyvance usage

Pinkfloyd123456789

Greenlighter
I have a prescription of Vyvance and have been taking between 120-160mg to have a good time, though I don't take it everyday as they're as needed. I was prescribed 40mg pills so I'd usually take 120mg then two hours later take another 40mg. However, my doctor just raised my prescription from 40mg to 60mg so I'm not able to do that anymore. Last Monday I did 160mg, then this morning at 4am I took 120mg then two hours later another 60mg. I noticed that I had built a tolerance (I've done it 4 other times in the last month usually waiting a week in between) and didn't feel as high as that should have gotten me. How long of a tolerance break should I take in order to be able to go to baseline again? Also, considering my usual dosage's I described what would be an approximate max I could take without overdosing? I made the mistake of taking 280mg a couple weeks ago and OD'd so I'm hoping I can get some help with an idea of the safe zone between overdosing and getting as high as I safely can.

First of all, i wouldn't push it with trying to find out your limit. 280mg is clearly too much, and even 160mg is more than needed. The more you take, the harder you crash.

The good thing is, the half-life of this drug is 47 minutes, so you don't need a very long T break in order to reset your tolerance. I'd suggest about a week just to be safe, but taper off it as opposed to going cold turkey since your used to such a high dose.

I'd suggest about a week just to be safe, but taper off it as opposed to going cold turkey since your used to such a high dose.

Vyvanse has a half-life of 47 minutes? You do know this is a pro-drug for dextroamphetamine, right?

47 minutes sounds about right for the amount of time it takes for half the drug to be converted into amphetamine, whose metabolism takes far longer.

Also, I see no reason why OP would need to taper (it's amphetamine, not a benzodiazepine), especially if they weren't taking the drug on a daily basis.

In my experience it takes anywhere from 2-4 weeks to reset relatively long term amphetamine tolerance. If you've been using it for multiple years it'll probably take months.

There's all kinds of screwy info in this thread so far.. 2-4 weeks is way too long, depending on the drug - more like 5-7 days unless religiously taken not as a recreational drug. Vyvanse should really be taken twice a day. The '12-16 hour' line is bullshit from Shire justifying their 'better than XR' blockbuster but it's never been the case for anyone I knew. It is a clever drug, though.

Hitting over 200mg at a time would mean you have to slow the fuck down.

Vyvanse has a half-life of 47 minutes? You do know this is a pro-drug for dextroamphetamine, right?

47 minutes sounds about right for the amount of time it takes for half the drug to be converted into amphetamine, whose metabolism takes far longer.

Also, I see no reason why OP would need to taper (it's amphetamine, not a benzodiazepine), especially if they weren't taking the drug on a daily basis.

Yes, that's the cleaving out of lysine time.