Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler

[TV Thread] What's worth watching ATM? v. now it's 2024

Marmz

Bluelighter
TV = escapism for me.

It's insanely fucking valuable mental healthwise for me because of thee above. Life sucks and then some etc etc.

Anyway, I can quite easily watch 12 hours of a TV show in succession with just a few pee breaks and nothing more inbetween.

Currently I can recommend/have been watching:

American Gods

Castlerock

The Stand

Star Trek Discovery (and I don't even like Star Trek)

Can a Mod change the title to 'What's Worth Watching ATM? (2021)' please? Otherwise the Spanglish'll kiiiilll me, tah <3

(only slightly drunk ... kkkthanx)

Last edited:
Can a Mod change the title to 'What's Worth Watching ATM? (2021)' please? Otherwise the Spanglish'll kiiiilll me, tah <3

(only slightly drunk ... kkkthanx)

Your wish is my command... :D

best dusterer ever <3

Feather-Duster.jpg

i don't have anything new to recommend (though if you haven't seen the boys watch it right now and tell me frenchie isn't sexy as fuck)

but, when people recommend stuff can you say where you watch it? i have netflix and prime and pay for neither. stuff on there would be ideal.

3%, The Rain, Dark Matter, The 100, Snowpeircer, Lost in Space, Bonding, Altered Carbon, Colony, Ozark, Battlestar Galactica.

i don't have anything new to recommend (though if you haven't seen the boys watch it right now and tell me frenchie isn't sexy as fuck)

but, when people recommend stuff can you say where you watch it? i have netflix and prime and pay for neither. stuff on there would be ideal.
My first thought was 'from bed' ... which is what I genuinely thought you were asking about ... <3

I watched most of Season 1 of The Boys but I didn't get along too well with it. It lacked a bit of love n soul for me, something was off. I can't remember the Frenchie character tbh but I might give season 2 a go to see if it'll grab me second time round.

I watch mainly via Netflix and Prime. I sometimes subscribe to the other channels that are offered through prime like the BFI channel. I'm currently watching Perpetual Grace, LTD through a subscription to STARZPlay in Prime. You can get the 7 day freebie and cram loads into that without shelling out any cash if you're skint. I don't pay for a prime subscription either.

So, Perpetual Grace, LTD ... anyone else seen it? Thoughts?

It's my kind of off-the-wall. Fantastic casting. Who doesn't love Guzman? Kingsley does psycho so well.
Oh, and there's Jacki Weaver in there ... before she got promoted to the Parish Council.
A very svelt looking Timothy Spall just showed up too. Looking forward to that.

I watched most of Season 1 of The Boys but I didn't get along too well with it. It lacked a bit of love n soul for me, something was off. I can't remember the Frenchie character tbh but I might give season 2 a go to see if it'll grab me second time round.

i thought it was hilarious. that dolphin boy whatever he's called is one of the inadvertently funniest characters i've seen in ages.

frenchie was more in it in season 2 i think. i don't know if he's objectively sexy, my brain has forgotten i'm no longer a junkie so i get attracted to men i could get caned with.

I’ve been watching a show called The Watch, based on a Terry P:ratchet novel. Kind of a bit fantasy / parallel universe but extremely well acted and very funny.

I’ve been watching a show called The Watch, based on a Terry P:ratchet novel. Kind of a bit fantasy / parallel universe but extremely well acted and very funny.

Wow, I've read the books. Didnt know there was a TV dramatisation out. Where can I find it?

Last edited:
Currently watching WAYNE on Amazon (was a youtube original). I'm liking it lots.

The Stand has drifted into into being attrociously bad after being just passibly bad.

I watched Sweetbitter on Amazon. It was a grower and I ended up liking it, despite the main character being irritating from the off (I can relate to that ;p).

If you can, try and watch The Leftovers (2014) HBO show, three seasons long. It’s focuses on a police captain in a town in New York after 2% of the worlds population disappears and he slowly goes off the rails.

You watch American Gods instead of reading it????!!!! Ye Gods Woman, this really is The Kali Yuga!

Knight Fight on Blaze is amazing, it's the best men from the ACL (Armoured Combat League) beating the shit outta each other using old weapons.

Behold the best thing ever on TV.

If you can, try and watch The Leftovers (2014) HBO show, three seasons long. It’s focuses on a police captain in a town in New York after 2% of the worlds population disappears and he slowly goes off the rails.
Will do. Muchly! Looks ace. Tah for the recommend ... looks like my kind of thing and then some <3

... but separate to that ... in truth, in my head I've been ranting and raving about the cost of watching thee above all day ... and then some.
Since when did TV become such a middle class sport, eh? (Like football). It would cost me £45 to watch all 3 series through Amazon or Youtube. £45 fucking quid! Seriously, what.the.actual FUCK!? ... or, alternatively, £29 for all 3 series of the DVDs of said show to be delivered to my door within 24 hours from Amazon. How very environmentally friendly.

that's CRIMINAL! and .... Fuckoff!

Streaming should not be so extortionate.

[edit]
If I had the nerd smarts and had the PC set up required I would be torrenting this show shamelessly right now. Without guilt. True story, bro.

Someone somewhere is making way too much money at the expense of people getting access to art <3

Last edited:
I don't own a television. I watch YouTube Soft White Underbelly. Gritty and mesmerizing. Oh, and TikTok rocks!

I download everything, utorrent and unblockit.link and I'm sorted. I tried amazon prime at Christmas but still had to pay to watch most of their movie content so gave it up.

There are a few illegal streaming sites you can watch it on but not sure if they are allowed to be shared on forum.

I really love Star Trek, not so much the very first series (but it's good, just doesn't do it for me) but I absolutely love everything from The Next Generation and onward. I've watched each now atleast three times through over the years: The Next Generation, Deep Space Nine, Voyager and Enterprise. In fact I just finished Voyager for the fourth time, it's probably my favorite.

But I need moar. Are the newer ones like Discovery and Picard any good? I'm thinking of subscribing to CBS all access so that I can watch them, hopefully it's worth the $$$

In the meantime I'm watching The Expanse on Amazon. So far so good, though it has more of a Hard Science fiction 'feel' to it then Star Trek does but this isn't a complaint. The outer space scenes and effects occasionally remind me of watching the Battle Star Galactica series.

I'm almost finished with season 2, loving it so far.

------

Also, couple months ago I watched the Stargate SG-1 series all the way through for the first time. I don't know how I managed to grow up loving sci-fi and never managed to watch Stargate before. I enjoyed it. Is Stargate Atlantis worth a watch as well? Seems it will be leaving Amazon prime after today, guess I missed my chance. Damnit.