• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

[TV Thread] What's worth watching ATM? v. now it's 2024

Reminds me of 'Les guignols' and of course the original Spitting image.

I really love Star Trek, not so much the very first series (but it's good, just doesn't do it for me) but I absolutely love everything from The Next Generation and onward. I've watched each now atleast three times through over the years: The Next Generation, Deep Space Nine, Voyager and Enterprise. In fact I just finished Voyager for the fourth time, it's probably my favorite.

But I need moar. Are the newer ones like Discovery and Picard any good? I'm thinking of subscribing to CBS all access so that I can watch them, hopefully it's worth the $$$

In the meantime I'm watching The Expanse on Amazon. So far so good, though it has more of a Hard Science fiction 'feel' to it then Star Trek does but this isn't a complaint. The outer space scenes and effects occasionally remind me of watching the Battle Star Galactica series.

I'm almost finished with season 2, loving it so far.

------

Also, couple months ago I watched the Stargate SG-1 series all the way through for the first time. I don't know how I managed to grow up loving sci-fi and never managed to watch Stargate before. I enjoyed it. Is Stargate Atlantis worth a watch as well? Seems it will be leaving Amazon prime after today, guess I missed my chance. Damnit.
Discovery is the fucking tits <3 (9/10) ... one of the best, most engaging TV shows I've seen in ages. (also 'shroom related so even betterer)

Get it watched.

I'm not a trekkie. I loved the reboot movies tho, mainly due to me being a bit of a Zackary Quinto obsessive.

I fucking loathe the term "reboot" however ... just to be clear <3

I like snowpiercer
I've tried twice. I'll try again if you can convince me to.

I'm sick to fucking death of dog-eat-dog-shite tho. And this seems like dog-eat-dog-shite.

Tell me otherwise please because I need something good to binge on. DESPERATELY!*

*spell checked

Last edited:
It’s good, I’m not keen on Layton (just don’t think he’s a very good actor) who only got the role because of the whole woke uprising trying to get more black and ethnic minorities into lead roles.

It’s good, I’m not keen on Layton (just don’t think he’s a very good actor) who only got the role because of the whole woke uprising trying to get more black and ethnic minorities into lead roles.
Yah I don't like how he's a cop with dreadlocks just doesn't make sense to me

I download everything, utorrent and unblockit.link and I'm sorted. I tried amazon prime at Christmas but still had to pay to watch most of their movie content so gave it up.

There are a few illegal streaming sites you can watch it on but not sure if they are allowed to be shared on forum.
I didn't stream illegally[sp?] or torrent in the end. I paid the whole £45 ... and fuck-me-sideways that's a huge amount for a peasant like me to fork out cash wise.

I wish HBO had a UK sub channel. Sadly it seems to just be available for the US. Sort it out for the UK please HBO. You make awesome TV and I can't afford to keep paying show-by-show at the current prices available.

BUT, anyway

thank you Liverlee ... MUCHLY ... because I LOVED The Leftovers. It was definitely my cup of tea (I'd give it an 8/10) and it filled a void when I really needed a void to be filled. You have great taste <3 ... it was almost ... almost ... worth the £45 I paid for it. Like I said before in my rant ... TV seems to be a middle-class sport unless it's done illegally.

Any other recommends people? I really need something to watch to occupy my mind desperately right now.

Is Big Little Lies anygood? or the other Hugh Grant one, The Undoing?

tenor.gif

~~~~ Stremio ~~~~

The Leftovers was sick :) not much Leftovers like series to be found, but all classic HBOs are good, google the keyword above ;)

I didn't stream illegally[sp?] or torrent in the end. I paid the whole £45 ... and fuck-me-sideways that's a huge amount for a peasant like me to fork out cash wise.

I wish HBO had a UK sub channel. Sadly it seems to just be available for the US. Sort it out for the UK please HBO. You make awesome TV and I can't afford to keep paying show-by-show at the current prices available.

BUT, anyway

thank you Liverlee ... MUCHLY ... because I LOVED The Leftovers. It was definitely my cup of tea (I'd give it an 8/10) and it filled a void when I really needed a void to be filled. You have great taste <3 ... it was almost ... almost ... worth the £45 I paid for it. Like I said before in my rant ... TV seems to be a middle-class sport unless it's done illegally.

Any other recommends people? I really need something to watch to occupy my mind desperately right now.

Is Big Little Lies anygood? or the other Hugh Grant one, The Undoing?
Bojack Horseman, Atlanta, Six Feet Under, Carnivale, The Deuce, Fleabag, The Night Manager.....
Some shows you might not have heard of and that are good. Stremio is just a streaming program (legal!), you can stream anything on it, you just need to install the right addons, then it might become not so legal, especially the first one in the list

Probably said it before, but 3%, The Rain, Dark Matter, Snowpiercer, Tribes of Europa, The 100, Survivors (both original and reboot), Lost in Space, Andromeda, Farscape, Firefly, Battlestar Galactica (both original and reboot)

Should get you going.

I don't own a television. I watch YouTube Soft White Underbelly. Gritty and mesmerizing. Oh, and TikTok rocks!
Softwhiteunderbelly is good, as is the guy that interviews people on all sorts of the spectrum.

Name escapes me at the moment.

You watch American Gods instead of reading it????!!!! Ye Gods Woman, this really is The Kali Yuga!

Knight Fight on Blaze is amazing, it's the best men from the ACL (Armoured Combat League) beating the shit outta each other using old weapons.

Behold the best thing ever on TV.

We actually have a knight tourney with a joust and a mêlée each year at Kaltenberg.
They do some actual knight fighting there. You can even apply, if you have the armor.
But it does get dangerous, and there have been casualties. Blunted weapons though, but that was even normal in actual medieval tourneys.
Still super sweet to watch.

Much more fun to watch than this silly little TV show.
Knights in a boxing ring :D puh-lease

edit: so this post is not entirely off-rails. Haven't watched TV in 13 years.
The only thing I watch are usually movies and series to books, and they're usually disappointing.
Yeah I'm talking about that Song of Ice and Fire wannabe piece of shit.

Last edited:
We actually have a knight tourney with a joust and a mêlée each year at Kaltenberg.
They do some actual knight fighting there. You can even apply, if you have the armor.
But it does get dangerous, and there have been casualties. Blunted weapons though, but that was even normal in actual medieval tourneys.
Still super sweet to watch.

Much more fun to watch than this silly little TV show.
Knights in a boxing ring :D puh-lease

edit: so this post is not entirely off-rails. Haven't watched TV in 13 years.
The only thing I watch are usually movies and series to books, and they're usually disappointing.
Yeah I'm talking about that Song of Ice and Fire wannabe piece of shit.

Well yeah I can see your point of view, the ACL is kinda pussy in a way. Bring back the times of Roman entertainment with men fighting bears & that kind of thing.

If I had my way I'd have certain kinds of criminals fight to the death in a pit Mad Max style for my entertainment.

Sorry to sound like a pathetic aging wanker, but I've found myself becoming addicted to 'Death in paradise' on BBC Iplayer. Every episode is basically the same, but I just NEED to know whodunnit...

Brilliant BBC dramas we can't wait to watch this year​

Just a couple of days away from Line of Duty: Season 6 on BBC 1. I can't wait!!

"The crime drama is one of the UK’s most popular shows and has been absent for two years due to a lengthy production delay caused by the coronavirus pandemic.

The new episodes will see the dynamite AC-12 team comprised of Ted Hastings (Adrian Dunbar), DI Kate Fleming (Vicky McClure) and DS Steve Arnott (Martin Compston) return to work with a new recruit in tow: DC Chloe Bishop (Shalom Brune-Franklin).

The squad will be investigating DCI Joanne Davidson (Kelly Macdonald), who has been described as “the most enigmatic adversary AC-12 have ever faced” – no small claim given the complex cases they have unravelled thus far."

BBC announces powerful new documentary series and singles​

Clearly much diverse content scheduled for 2021!!

"Clare Sillery, Head of Commissioning, Documentaries, today announced a number of new documentary series and singles with privileged access to powerful and contemporary stories, from the scandal of child abuse in English football to Greta Thunberg’s mission to raise awareness of climate change."

Last edited: