• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

TV: Glee

Khadijah

Bluelight Crew
awesome, I just searched a few times and couldnt find a thread for this show, so I get to be the one to start it, hell yea.
Aight, Let me begin by makin it very clear that I do NOT watch this shit voluntarily. But, unfortunately bein in a family where my younger sister, and my mom love this show, i get subjected to it a lot. the computer is in the same room as the TV, so I get stuck with glee in the background at least once a week, when they religiously stop everything to watch the next new episode. So, now thats outta the way and its known that I aint a secret glee watching fan, lol, I can start. Seriously, WTF is it about this show that makes people like it?

It is so disgustingly, over the top 'cute' it makes me want to puke. Its like super sugar coated sugar puffs sprinkled with powdered sugar. the characters are sickening. Every song they sing sounds like a overdone, trying way too hard version of a Broadway musical number. I can just feel the raised-to-look-at-the-ceiling faces, out stretched arm pose, and big dazzling pasted on smiles at the end of each song right thru the back of my head.

A few months ago, the kids on the show were attempting to be hip or some shit like that, and convince other school kids to join their shitty club, so they sang the jay z and alicia keys version of " New York"....all dressed up in matching outfits and fake "hip hop" accessories, I think they were dancing on a roof top. They just spontaneously started bustin out into song in the school hallway, one at a time, like one kid started singin the bassline, then another kid did somethin else, until out of nowhere a fuckin swarm of glee nerds just appeared outta the woodwork singing and dancing and then ended up on the roof somehow, til the song finished and they were all standin there breathless like YAY! WE DIDDDD ITTTT!!! Yea, if "did it" means "managed to look incredibly stupid, and did some completely unrealistic, dumbass song and dance routine that makes the dance numbers in West Side Story look realistic and subtle." I dont even like that song, but by the end even I thought they totally butchered it. I was sitting there like WAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT???

The other day, Im sittin here lookin at BL while those 2 had on the show, and this kid starts singing some shit about a blackbird. And he got this high, pure, sweet-ass little voice, that sounds like an 8 year old girl in one of those childrens choirs, you know those kids that have that totally "angelic" little voices that are so unnaturally clear and high it makes you shudder. And I turned around to see wat creature this horrible sound could be coming from, and it was a guy. Supposedly a HIGH SCHOOL guy, who somehow, looked like he never been thru puberty and sounded like he was 8. And he had this fuckin smile on his face that was so un describably innocent, like a Jesus-looking-up-at-his-mother-in-the-manger smile, that it made me want to kick him in the teeth.

At another part in the show, the character that I dont know her name, but I know her real name is Lea Michele becuz she sung the anthem at the Super Bowl (shittily), is doin some kind of number. and HER voice is just....ugh. She got a straight up Disney Princess voice. She sounds like every single generic-as-hell, bland, featureless, heartless, soulless, but technically correct voice that you ever heard in a 90s disney movie ever. Pocohontas, Princess Jasmine, whoever. Not Mulan, cuz I think she was sang by christina aguelira who can actually sing, but yall get the picture. The girl can hit the right note, but her voice is so disgustingly "perfect" without having the slightest bit of emotion, feeling, soul, NOTHING to it. Its just hollow, empty, Shes like a singing robot. She was probably little fuckin orphan Annie in some school play when she was a kid. her voice sent shivers down my spine, in the BAD way, the way that you want to put your hands over your ears becuz its just so fuckin EARNEST that you cant stand to listen to it. Every single thing this bitch sings is just the same old, overdone, sweet, perfect performance, there aint nothing natural about her.

Every time the kids in the show do a singing performance, I just wanna scream. And I know that doin a review of the singing skills of the kids aint a review of the show but I just had to get that off my chest, becuz if i even do the slightest hint of a sigh or rolling my eyes when my sister or moms is watchin, they have a fit and tell me to STFU and GTFO.

Anyways....as far as the show goes, I cant seem to find any plot thats worth a shit in the times that I been there long enough to witness a whole episode. (I wont say "watch" since I really aint watching it, but am just bein there while its on TV and trying not to let it absorb). But even I know that in the show, the glee club is the sad little misfit club, the club that dont get no funding, the club that everybody looks down on, the cute, plucky little underdog club that might SEEM to be a sorry little group but in reality, they are OMGSOTALENTED, and will totally win teh world with that talent. and I know it becuz they over emphasize the shit outta that fact. They might as well just make a neon sign that explains how the glee club is the bottom of the school club totem pole and have it glowing in the background of every scene, in case the viewers forget.

Of course they have obstacles but with their oh so amazing voices and skills and talents, the devoted, loving teacher who will like totally do anything for "his kids" puts together some magical singing number and they all get together and sing their hearts out in a Disney-montage-worthy finale, and then they win or get the money for the club or convince the people to join or watever it is that they are tryna accomplish in that episode.

Seriously, this show makes my fuckin skin crawl.

I have never seen it b/c I am so overwhelmed with annoyance by the commercials and excessive promotion and the general peppy-ness. I don't think I'd make it through the first 15 mins of the show.

I'm with you two, I would never watch it.

Just seeing the ads make me change the channel the ads are on

It's horrible. They slaughter every song they attempt to sing, its sounds like a combination of karaoke on $4 draft beer night at the Thristy Camel & 7th grade chorus class. **shudders**
I just figure out all the hullabaloo over it, its trash.

Hear hear. I fucking HATE it. My mom made me watch one episode with her (after I complained about it) during Christmas. I love my mom but jesus christ. No, it's not 'just like one of the musicals you love'. It's a REALLY shitty musical over and over again.

I hate jumpin' on the bandwagon, but I agree. This is just one of those shows I don't get at all!. It kinda reminds me of Popular, but without the funny parts and a bunch of crappy covers thrown in. But what really pisses me off is when they attempt to get sentimental with whatever crappy song they're doing. I can't remember which song it was they were doin', but they ended up joining forces with an opposing team. And the other team were deaf!. I kid you not.

Here's some Popular instead. =D

Last edited:
I was literally forced to watch it once.
What the fuck kind of high school do these people go to?
How much bullshit is the entire show based on?
WTF?

I hate jumpin' on the bandwagon, but I agree. This is just one of those shows I don't get at all!. It kinda reminds me of Popular, but without the funny parts and a bunch of crappy covers thrown in. But what really pisses me off is when they attempt to get sentimental with whatever crappy song they're doing. I can't remember which song it was they were doin', but they ended up joining forces with an opposing team. And the other team were deaf!. I kid you not.

Here's some Popular instead. =D

Popular was GREAT!!! Good call.

Oh, and not to belabor the point of how ridiculous the plots are but, as I previously said, I watched this around Christmas and I guess the dumb blonde girl had one wish for Christmas (cliche much?) and it was for her wheelchair-bound boyfriend to walk. So what happens? Somehow, they find some incredibly silly device that moves his legs like a robot. I busted out laughing while my mom was like, near tears. It was incredibly, embarrassingly lame. I *knew* it was suppose to be the touching moment of the episode but it was just so over-the-top and unnecessary. lulz.

^^There really was nothing else like it at the time. And the thing which made it so funny was that it always poked fun at itself. Glee is forever taking itself too seriously and trying to spread some sort of message. I just find it lame and desperate.

Some more Popular

<3 April Tuna. :D

Jane Lynch was hilarious in every single thing she did up until Glee. Talk about a waste of talent. Oh well, just goes to show how well artist integrity holds up in front of big bags of money.

did lacey say she wanted to kick baby jesus in the face?
goddamn you roll hard girl.
as far s the show, i havent seen it, but its not a cartoon so thats not a surprise.

You guys are crazy, I love this show. Everything about it screams new and original. Not my fault you tone deaf troglodytes can't find the beauty. This is exactly what this country needs: good, wholesome FAMILY programming. Not all that sex and violence crap you see on TV nowadays. Those gangsters and their hippity-hop, NO THANK YOU! Neil Young for me, please.

Anyways, the musical acts are definitely the highlight of the show. Hell, they're the highlight of my week! I've never missed an episode yet and unless my croquet game runs late or my new BMW breaks down (lol, yeah right) I will never miss one.

How can you not love the kids, either? They're sweet, innocent faces hark to a much simpler time. They're wonderful songs touch an area of my heart that was once dark and hardened. Heck, you might even say this show has improved my life and saved my marriage.

So before you go and criticize this show, give it a chance. Try singing along, like I do. You might even want to get up and dance (lol, guility!)

Not-Sure-if-Serious-Or-just-really-sarcastic.jpg

You guys are crazy, I love this show. Everything about it screams new and original. Not my fault you tone deaf troglodytes can't find the beauty. This is exactly what this country needs: good, wholesome FAMILY programming. Not all that sex and violence crap you see on TV nowadays. Those gangsters and their hippity-hop, NO THANK YOU! Neil Young for me, please.

Anyways, the musical acts are definitely the highlight of the show. Hell, they're the highlight of my week! I've never missed an episode yet and unless my croquet game runs late or my new BMW breaks down (lol, yeah right) I will never miss one.

How can you not love the kids, either? They're sweet, innocent faces hark to a much simpler time. They're wonderful songs touch an area of my heart that was once dark and hardened. Heck, you might even say this show has improved my life and saved my marriage.

So before you go and criticize this show, give it a chance. Try singing along, like I do. You might even want to get up and dance (lol, guility!)

This part made the whole post fail for me. Neil Young wrote extensively about sex and many many songs involved violence, lulz. WINNING.

I also can't tell if Max is serious or not. Usually he won't type more than a line or two if it's a joke.

But I pretty much agree with what he said, minus some enthusiasm. It's one of my favourite shows.

I don't think Season 2 has been as good as Season 1, but it's still pretty clever, genuinely funny and I do enjoy most musical numbers. The show features some real talent. One thing Glee haters (who have mostly never seen an episode) don't understand is the show is often highly satirical, becoming flat out parody at times. It's definitely self-aware.

EDIT: I just read your post through, Lacey. Sacrilege against Lea Michele, wake up. Lea would make a great Ephalba from Wicked, by the way.

Last edited:
It's.. ambitious, but ultimately fails at capturing what I love about musicals, and that is the bohemian spirit. A good musical is dark and mature. Glee is neither.

When Moulin Rogue ripped off popular songs, I saw the artistic merit of it. When Glee rips off popular songs, it makes me want to hammer Q-tips into my ears.

I don't think that Max even knows whether or not he's being serious or sarcastic. Poor fella. I haven't watched this show, but it sounds a lot like the last season of Roseanne. Full of dream sequences and guest stars. I'll pass.