Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

TV: American Idol

randycaver

Bluelight Crew
American Idol 3

YAY! The new season starts tonight. I am excited :) I can't wait to see all the rejects auditions.

I read on CNN that the judges think the females are better so far, and they think a female will be the Idol this year....

so, hopefully we can all discuss all the fun stuff that happens in this thread :) fun stuff: making fun of all the bad singers!

Edit: If you don't like this show, please take your negative opinions elsewhere. I am well-aware that plenty of people don't like the show. That's well and good. Your negative opinion won't help this thread at all, so please, if you can't say something nice, don't say it at all. I don't think that's a rough request, but of course, we will have people who just have to interject their negative opinion, thinking everyone must know it.

Last edited:
this show sucks. how can people still watch this crap? after the first couple years of novelty wear off, do you really expect these people to still be around in the music buisness in say 5 years? in the era of one hit wonders, i don't see clay or rueben being around 4 or 5 years from now. and whats happened to that chick who won the first one? she had a movie that tanked bad, and shes stuck doing crappy talk shows like sharon osbourne.

take this pile of crap off the air!

Thanks for your negative opinion. It's not really wanted here.

This thread is about fun stuff, not your dislike. If you want to start a thread hating it, be my guest.

I'm not going to defend my liking of it here, or anywhere else.

the threads titled american idol not what randycaver wants to hear. this is america, i can post my opinions and viewpoints about any topic on the board. if you don't want to hear opinions, move to china.

like what you want, thats yer opinion, but if something isn't to your liking, then don't try to shut it out.

I'd like to keep this thread on topic. The topic is American Idol fun stuff, not teknohero's negative opinion of the show.

no the topic is american idol 3. therefore i being a member of the board and under the guidlines of the board can post my opinions and viewpoints concerning american idol.

Yes, there will always be people like you.

thanks for ruining my thread, instantly!

i want to see it too. I love people's expressions when they've just been told they suck.

off topic: fox bumped a 9 year old blind kid from singing the national anthem before the nfc championship game so rueben could hype up american idol some more.

yep, a friggin blind kid. congratulations on reaching a new low.

radycaver i hope you don't take your my opinion is all that matters attitude into the real world with you. you won't make it far like that.

i simply stated this show sucks ass imo. end of discussion. if you can't let it go, thats pretty sad.

teknohero said:
radycaver i hope you don't take your my opinion is all that matters attitude into the real world with you. you won't make it far like that.

i simply stated this show sucks ass imo. end of discussion. if you can't let it go, thats pretty sad.

i hope that you don't go into life assuming that things like that. If you do, you won't make it far yourself.

I hate that I have to address what you said, but I will.

My opinion is far from all that matters. I barely gave an opinion in this thread. But I did ask for something in this thread, and what I hope that it will be. If you choose to take from it that "my opinion is the only one that matters" then go ahead, but you're wrong.

How hard is it to keep your opinion to yourself if it isn't what the thread asks for? It shouldn't be that difficult. But, of course, people always have to come in, and shit on it just because they "can".

your ORIGINAL post asked what people thought, i gave you my thoughts. when that didn't sit well with you, you EDITED your post.

[edited ad-hom. please ensure you read and understand the forum guidelines before you post again]

Last edited by a moderator:
uhhhhh. i never asked "what do you guys think?"
or anything like that. I added to my post, I didn't edit it.

I agree, let this thread be for the people who LOVE American Idol (including ME!) and if you all have a problem with it then start an American Idol hate thread. It just makes it cleaner that way and makes for less arguments (not tryin to be a mod, just my opinion, LOL)
As for American Idol, I am super excited about it. I was waaayyyy into last season, I voted for Clay from the very begining, although I thought Reuben was good too. YAY I can't wait to see it tonight! :D :D
ANd RandyCaver some of us really love ya, don't let random Bluelight hatred get ya down!
*Hugz*

I've never been a fan of the show but I did catch the premier last night and I can feel myself getting sucked in. I'm sure I"ll tune in next week.
I felt kinda bad for some of the folks. Like the scat girl. Yeah she sucked but she seemed to take the rejection well. Unlike that chick who bet Simon money that half the people in a bar wouldn't leave if she sang. She's just straight up embarassing herself.

I'd say teknohero's third post is correct - it should have been titled American Idol 3: Appreciation thread. That said, I won't clutter your thread with Idol bashing ;)

Haha you people and your opinons... lol
I do admit that I enjoy the show too. The best is watching those HOORRRIBBBBLLEEE singer actually get up on stage and believe they have a chance. I mean com'on... my dog's bark sound better than them.

You guys ever seen that one chinese dude... mad respect for his courage, but damn.... what was he thinking. I was laughing so hard.

respect randycaver's wishes that this be a non-negative thread.
if you want to bash it open your own thread and call it something like american idol: the negative side or american idol: i think this show sucks

i am not taking sides but she specifically asked now for no negativity
thanks

I'm not a huge fan of the show, but this show managed to maneuver its way onto my television after Seinfeld tonight. I let it stay on for a while and it was just painful to watch some of this bumbling morons. Do they really think they are going to be a big hit?? lol. Their parents must be very reassuring =D

I hope the attractive black women named Lekita or whatever wins. She was very pretty. Sadly, I'll never watch the show again. Keep me updated Owi-Lay.