• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine Turning freebase back to HCL

Status
Not open for further replies.

cLaTTeReD

Bluelighter
Hi Guys

looking for a little help, I have been trying to purity 3.5g of cola.

first I have washed with anhydrous acetone. 3.5g reduced to 3.25g so very pleased.

then dissolved in deionised water and filtered, virtually zero water insoluble cuts.
then added 10% ammonia to produce freebase

I now want to convert the freebase back to HCl, I have done lots of reading but can someone check my method.

add freebase to deionised water and add 35% HCl until all the freebase is back into solution.

then evaporate water to leave coke HCl which I can then dry out

does that sound ok?

Thanks in advance

I am pretty sure that once coke is turned to freebase form or crack, it can not be turned pack into powder cocaine HCL... It would be cocaine citrate (I believe its called) if you wanted to turn it back to a water soluble form of cocaine.. not HCL.. You would have to use vitamin C powder and water to do so, at least that is the safest possible way, although you can use lemon juice, vinegar, kool aid, etc., but its not as safe to inject.. not sure if that's what your trying to do with it.. but still, it cant be turned back to powder cocaine HCL only cocaine citrate. And why exactly would you turn powder cocaine HCL to crack and then want to turn it back to cocaine HCL again??? Why even bother turning it to freebase cocaine? You should have just purified it and left it as is, not added ammonia and rocked it up, just to want to turn it back to HCL again...

You are correct mix the HCL slowly like one drop at a time a to avoid excess HCL being leftover...

To the poster above hydrochloric acid, citric acid, and absoric acid are all different acids that can bind to a freebase molecule (code, MDMA, mescaline, and other basic molecules) that will create a stable salt form like cocaine citrate, acetate, HCl, etc. The end result is not only more stable although likely more soluble in different liquid solutions that the freebase is not such as H2O(water). You made many mistakes in your post such as saying absorbic acid (vitamin C) will create a citrate salt when only citric acid will do that.

I'll add rocking and salting your coke to freebase and back to HCL is a more thorough method of cleaning rather than acetone wash that will only clean so much. When you use the ammonium some stuff the acetone can't clean. It only gets fucked up when rather than learn the science and understand why the process works you find a recipie book and expect results without knowing why.

Edit: look into creating DMT fumrate. They dissolve the freebase on acetone and drop in one drop off fumaric acid saturated water to get the DMT out. You might be able to use this method with coke conversion somehow I just don't know

I am pretty sure that once coke is turned to freebase form or crack, it can not be turned pack into powder cocaine HCL... It would be cocaine citrate (I believe its called) if you wanted to turn it back to a water soluble form of cocaine.. not HCL.. You would have to use vitamin C powder and water to do so, at least that is the safest possible way, although you can use lemon juice, vinegar, kool aid, etc., but its not as safe to inject.. not sure if that's what your trying to do with it.. but still, it cant be turned back to powder cocaine HCL only cocaine citrate. And why exactly would you turn powder cocaine HCL to crack and then want to turn it back to cocaine HCL again??? Why even bother turning it to freebase cocaine? You should have just purified it and left it as is, not added ammonia and rocked it up, just to want to turn it back to HCL again...

I have turned it to freebase not crack (insoluble in water) to be able to wash and filter out any water soluble cuts. There are lots of methods of converting the purified base back to HCl, but dont want to have excess HCl.
Dissolving in water is not the preferred method as the evaporation process takes a lot long with water than it would with acetone / ether but it does give me a good visual indicator of when enough HCl has been added.
I hope that answers your question :)

You are correct mix the HCL slowly like one drop at a time a to avoid excess HCL being leftover...

To the poster above hydrochloric acid, citric acid, and absoric acid are all different acids that can bind to a freebase molecule (code, MDMA, mescaline, and other basic molecules) that will create a stable salt form like cocaine citrate, acetate, HCl, etc. The end result is not only more stable although likely more soluble in different liquid solutions that the freebase is not such as H2O(water). You made many mistakes in your post such as saying absorbic acid (vitamin C) will create a citrate salt when only citric acid will do that.

I'll add rocking and salting your coke to freebase and back to HCL is a more thorough method of cleaning rather than acetone wash that will only clean so much. When you use the ammonium some stuff the acetone can't clean. It only gets fucked up when rather than learn the science and understand why the process works you find a recipie book and expect results without knowing why.

Edit: look into creating DMT fumrate. They dissolve the freebase on acetone and drop in one drop off fumaric acid saturated water to get the DMT out. You might be able to use this method with coke conversion somehow I just don't know

Thanks you for checking me, i have carried this out this morning before work. I had to use more water than i would have liked to get all the freebase off the sides of the beaker. Added very little HCl (though i think i still over dropped it) and the water went clear converting back to HCl.
I then transferred to a bowl i can scrape from and put the in oven at 50C, hopefully a lot of it will have dried out by the time i get home.

From the process so far i am quite convinced i am buying high purity stuff, definitely don't need to worry about an cuts that are insoluble in water.

Another acetone was should take care of excess hcl

38% hcl is way too strong to be using for this kind of home procedure. Dilute it down to about 10%

Sorry for the bit of misinformation, I am not exactly a chemist or anything, but I have tons of experience with coke and crack.. and the shit I get is usually so good as is that I never bother washing it, and rarely turn it a freebase form to smoke, as I get the best crack possible, as is... so usually I have no need to. Do what you do OP, the cleaner it is the better!

38% worked fine, why do i need to dilute it down ?

Less chance of over acidification. Also im pretty sure cocaine is a fairly hardy molecule but I wouldnt want certain parts of my solution coming into contact with the acid at such a concentration. Seems like unnecessary stress to put the product through.

Also excess hcl means hcl fumes evaporating and damaging your oven. Whatever doesnt evaporate is left in the powder and will burn your nose.

Again lower concentration less chance of too much hcl. I would invest in ph papers as well if possible.

to turn cocaine freebase back to HCl effectively you should prepare a solution of HCl in 95% ethanol sufficient to neutralize your cocaine (1:1 molar, ~1.0 mL concentrated 37% HCl for every 3.0 grams of coke freebase), added dropwise to a solution of freebase in ethanol until pH is neutral, then quickly add a large volume of hexanes/ether/toluene/xylene and crash the crystals out w/a wooden rod. let them settle then filter and collect and dry in vacuum if possible.

you want to minimize the amount of water you introduce, even "concentrated" 37% HCl must be suitably diluted with ethanol. if you can source pure HCl gas in ether or in ethanol/methanol that's even better. you need to work quickly, preferably with slightly cool solutions. and you absolutely cannot add too much acid or water. do any of these wrong and you will hydrolize the cocaine to benzoylecgonine and friends (inactive).

you can probably get away with using citric acid in ethanol as well. but avoid using water solutions of anything.

Sorry for the bit of misinformation, I am not exactly a chemist or anything, but I have tons of experience with coke and crack.. and the shit I get is usually so good as is that I never bother washing it, and rarely turn it a freebase form to smoke, as I get the best crack possible, as is... so usually I have no need to. Do what you do OP, the cleaner it is the better!

You misunderstood my post in another thread. Most people prepare freebase (crack) for shooting with citric acid, this produces cocaine citrate. If one uses hydrochloric acid it becomes cocaine hydrochloride.

General Hydroponics makes a cheap but fairly accurate pH reagent that comes with a test vile to help you find neutral and gain some bearing of where your pH is at.

Status
Not open for further replies.