• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Trying to lose weight using adderal

As far as a heart attack goes. Adderall in proper doses is less likely to cause a heart attack than chronic obesity. So while it is a legit concern, it's a concern either way. Last time I saw my doctor he told me weight was my biggest issue.Even when i turned the conversation to smoking and recreational drug use, he said yeah that's bad too, but went right back to the weight. After he used the term morbidly obese I felt insulted and didn't go back. Since then I put on 40 more pounds and have been moving in that direction for years. This is the first time I found something that seems to be working. I know all to well that it cant be sustained which is why I need a plan for when that occurs and before addiction sets in. If it does, I'll have to beat it like I have so many other vices over the years. i am not there right now, I'm not enjoying the high. I am doing more research on the net and I am making adjustments when the advice is good. I appreciate all of you and hope I didn't come off as combative if I didn't agree with you wholeheartedly or decided to take a different route than suggested. I know you all meant well and are talking about your experiences but everyone is different and experiences are not the same.

Also, 220mg a day is UNBELIEVABLY high. Omg, I don't think I've taken that much even when I've binged all night and day on it, and during those times I was tweaked right out and the comedown/next day effects so bad. That's hard on your body, heart, blood pressure and definitely your sanity. I hope that's not a typical dose for you. If you're just wanting to feel motivated and energetic, maybe 30mg at the most. Also, you'd be amazed how much weight you'd lose if you quit drinking. and weed, I love weed for relaxing and sleeping at night but I have to be careful because it usually makes me want to eat myself out of house and home. lol.

Honestly, I am concerned for you with what you're describing, physically and mentally.

Yeah, your right that is scary. I've read more about the proper dosage when Dr.'s prescribe it and I am readjusting it to those amounts. It was just one day that I used that much. It was done out of ignorance and did not yield any better results. I guess i was thinking that I'd wake up another 10 pounds lighter, but of course that didn't happen.

^Please use the Multi-Quote function next time instead of posting ten times in a row :)

I used 2-3 grams of amphetamine over a 1-2 month period at the start of the year. Whilst I was using it mainly for energy (didn't really work), and due to boredom/because it was there, I was interested to see how it would effect my appetite, as I'd also been eating a lot of junk food/unnecessary snacks/etc.

Just to clarify, I never binged (as such) and always slept at night/had days off, and I never redosed more than 2, maybe 3 times per day, and the doses were fairly low. Anyway, I found using amphetamine for this purpose totally counter intuitive to losing weight/eating well.

I found that whilst I could still eat a meal on amphetamine, I usually just wasn't interested. So I'd miss my dinner/tea, and by the time I came down (either the same night or the next day), I'd be starving and would end up making up for the missed meals by having extra i.e more than I would have by having the two meals separately, all in one go, and usually late at night, which isn't exactly great for digestion.

Last edited:
I'm a big guy. I am about 320 pounds/146kg. My blood pressure is normal for some reason. I have access to adderall. I am not a big fan of stimulants but I really need to drop some weight. I work a lot and my job requires me to sit for long hours, I am also a heavy smoker. I know the best answer to lose weight is diet and exercise but I lack will power and get back and leg pain when I exercise. I need to jump start the weight loss and have been using adderal for about month. ( in varying dosages) I have both 20 mg and 30 mg regular release pills. I have had a big reduction in appetite and have lost 12 pounds ( 5.44 kg). I do have some concerns though and would welcome any advice.

1. I don't want to get addicted. will taking breaks in usage help?
2. If I stop am I doomed to just put the weight back on?
3. What is a safe dosage for a guy my size?
4. will it stop working at a certain point? I lost the weight in the first two weeks. In the following two weeks I've seen no results. Although I did take 3 days off and over-ate on those days. I also upped the dosage recently thinking it might help.
5. I did have withdraw symptoms on one of my days off, that kind of scares me.
6. I over did it a couple of days ( 220mg thru out the day on one day). This did create some anxiety. Maybe due to the drug but also due to being nervous about using such a high dosage. I need to educate myself on the right dosage. I want results, not bigger issues.
5. Should I avoid caffeine when I'm taking adderal?
6. I do not have a prescription and it costs me about 200$ a month for 25 20mg pills and 15 30mg pills ( 100 dollars for each). So I don't intend to stay on them. I'd just like to lose enough to get comfortable with walking, running and exercise in general.
Thank you in advance for any suggestions, stories or advice.:?

Bad idea for many reasons bro.......research the clenbuterol T-3 combo for weight loss

JJ

weight lost due to stimulant use is soon regained after the cessation of said stimulants ༼ ༎ຶ ෴ ༎ຶ༽

Lol, not automatically.

i'm just saying from experience, it might not automatically happen but it creeps back
the point i'm trying to make is that using amps to loose weight is unhealthy - you should really try a bit of exercise and calorie control and avoid messing with your body vis a vis adderal.
and trust me, unless you practice calorie control and exercise after you stop taking the stims, the weight will come back ༼ ༎ຶ ෴ ༎ຶ༽
[2 year mephedrone addiction - i weighed 50kgs and i'm 5'9, a year after i quit i weighed 65kgs]

i'm just saying from experience, it might not automatically happen but it creeps back
the point i'm trying to make is that using amps to loose weight is unhealthy - you should really try a bit of exercise and calorie control and avoid messing with your body vis a vis adderal.
and trust me, unless you practice calorie control and exercise after you stop taking the stims, the weight will come back ༼ ༎ຶ ෴ ༎ຶ༽
[2 year mephedrone addiction - i weighed 50kgs and i'm 5'9, a year after i quit i weighed 65kgs]

If the person is overweight or obese with following health complications, the pro's might outweigh the cons, if one is careful and keeps everything in line.

Yes, of course the weight goes back up if one stops taking stimulants and just go back to not caring and letting the body decide. That's the case even when stimulants is not in the picture. If one drops serious weight, it will take effort to keep it down there, as the body will always strive for higher weight.

^ ༼ ༎ຶ ෴ ༎ຶ༽ yh i agree.
using amphetamine for weight loss is what made that old lady go bonkers in Requiem for a Dream i believe

Last edited:
I took the day off yesterday, felt fine. I'm thinking about doing 60 mg over a 12 hr period tonight though. I'll do 20 mg doses 4 hrs apart. I think I'll be fine and wont eat so much.

I took the day off yesterday, felt fine. I'm thinking about doing 60 mg over a 12 hr period tonight though. I'll do 20 mg doses 4 hrs apart. I think I'll be fine and wont eat so much.

You know your body better than anyone. All we can tell you is our experiences, the best information to hear from those is the warning signs. So instead of looking at each response as 'advice', which I am not positive you wanted anyway, look at the information regarding the warnings of stimulant use, these will often manifest the same no matter the stimulant. If you find yourself needing more than last week- warning bells should be ringing. If the purpose is to lose weight, and you have hit a plateau- it's not working, and if you continue to use when you know it is not performing the object of your use- warning bells again.

Read through the responses you got and see if you can find the things you should be watching out for. Any and all drug use becomes scary when you no longer get the desired result, know it's not helping, and continue to use.

I wish you the best of luck in feeling better about yourself. Please remember that not all women out there are looking for athletic guys. My other half was 320 at 5'1" when we got together, while I'm 5'6" and 115-120, and many call me beautiful. He is amazing, caring, loving and all man. I love him for who he is, not his weight. There are plenty of women like me out there!

Good luck- GRSH

You know your body better than anyone. All we can tell you is our experiences, the best information to hear from those is the warning signs. So instead of looking at each response as 'advice', which I am not positive you wanted anyway, look at the information regarding the warnings of stimulant use, these will often manifest the same no matter the stimulant. If you find yourself needing more than last week- warning bells should be ringing. If the purpose is to lose weight, and you have hit a plateau- it's not working, and if you continue to use when you know it is not performing the object of your use- warning bells again.

Read through the responses you got and see if you can find the things you should be watching out for. Any and all drug use becomes scary when you no longer get the desired result, know it's not helping, and continue to use.

I wish you the best of luck in feeling better about yourself. Please remember that not all women out there are looking for athletic guys. My other half was 320 at 5'1" when we got together, while I'm 5'6" and 115-120, and many call me beautiful. He is amazing, caring, loving and all man. I love him for who he is, not his weight. There are plenty of women like me out there!

Good luck- GRSH

I am thankful for your response and everyone else's. I am looking for advice. I am following some of the advice given by the posters. Some of them don't agree and it would be impossible to follow both routes of advice. I'll 'give you some examples. I have taken a smaller dosage recently due to the advice given to me. I am taking days off due to the advice given to me. I am heeding the advice of people that had addiction issues with stimulants. I am however not to a point where I wholeheartedly agree with those who say it wont work and you'll end up an addict. I am using caution and reading and rereading this thread regularly. Not everyone who uses a drug ends up an addict. Larry Flynt used pain killers and quit when he was no longer in pain. Steven King has one cigarette every time he finishes a book. Adderall is used for ADHD with success. I've had operations and dental procedures where I used pain killers for a period of time ( once for 3 months) and stopped when they ran out. There are people who recreationally used drugs and lost interest as time went on. I am worried and cautious about becoming addicted, but it's not a guaranteed thing. I actually find Adderall to be mildly unpleasant. I would much rather be smoking pot, drinking beer and eating huge meals. Adderall is helping me break that chain. I have a bag of pot I haven't had the urge to smoke in about 2 weeks. If I drink a beer now it's just a couple. I am not binge eating. I weighed my self today and have lost another 3 pounds. I wont take any more Adderall for a couple of days and then I will for a period. I am also calorie counting and able to walk and stand for longer periods of time. I have not plateaued and plan to stop after this months purchase runs out even if I am still losing weight. I understand that it's a cheat, and no body likes a cheat. A friend of mine got gastric by pass surgery and people were critical when talking about his weight loss. I just feel at the moment it's giving me a good head start. It's a little dangerous I agree. It's not the respectable way, I agree. That being said if it helps breaks old habits and puts me in a position where my mobility and stamina increase it's a start. A start that I didn't have before. I understand there needs to be a life style change afterward if it's to continue or be maintained and I"m working on that as well. I hope at the end of this thread I can share that , but I recognize the possibility that things could go bad. I'm trying not to let that happen. Thanks again everyone. I am truly grateful for everyone who took time to read what I wrote and offer their advice and experiences. I am heeding there warnings. I am a little scared of taking this route. I do not wish to abandon it at this point due to quantifiable results that I am getting.

^ ༼ ༎ຶ ෴ ༎ຶ༽ yh i agree.
using amphetamine for weight loss is what made that old lady go bonkers in Requiem for a Dream i believe

I think your right. I'm not sure though. I don't believe they disclosed which stimulants she was using. She was also clearly abusing them. I haven't had any hallucinations or delusions of grandeur awhile on Adderall. I'm also not an old lady and it is just a movie. Pretty good movie though.

If the person is overweight or obese with following health complications, the pro's might outweigh the cons, if one is careful and keeps everything in line.

Yes, of course the weight goes back up if one stops taking stimulants and just go back to not caring and letting the body decide. That's the case even when stimulants is not in the picture. If one drops serious weight, it will take effort to keep it down there, as the body will always strive for higher weight.

I have found your advice very helpful and am trying to incorporate most of it into my over all plan.

Uncadollas- you sound like a smart guy, with a good head on your shoulders! Getting healthy is important and it sounds like your like you are headed in that direction. Keep up the good work! Congratulations!!

Uncadollas- you sound like a smart guy, with a good head on your shoulders! Getting healthy is important and it sounds like your like you are headed in that direction. Keep up the good work! Congratulations!!
I'm trying. Appreciate you G.R.S.H.

People on some brain level gets used to Adderall working as a weight loss supplement. If you take it as prescribed, focus on some realistic safe prefreal nervous system effects that could realistically be supported with healthy eating and living habits, then Adderall might work.

People on some brain level gets used to Adderall working as a weight loss supplement. If you take it as prescribed, focus on some realistic safe prefreal nervous system effects that could realistically be supported with healthy eating and living habits, then Adderall might work.
Thanks speedking, appreciate your input.

Don't do this for weight loss ... that's so unhealthy for you and you will most likely gain a lot back when your off adderal. but it does work for getting rid of hunger...