Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Trying to help a newbie with their first time dropping

iamtha1

Bluelighter
Hi guys,

Sorry if this isn't in the right thread! One of my best friends (of her own accord) has decided she wants to take some ecstasy on New Years Day. I'm fine with it and excited for her, but I'm just wondering how exactly to go about dealing with her first time.

I remember my first time and it was all this crazy experience where I didnt know what the fuck was happening to me, and a bit full-on in a way. I guess I'm just worried coz I've been in the scene for nearly a year now and I've kinda forgotten how new all the effects are and kinda scary in a way to begin with. I'm just not sure how I should deal with her, what's the best place to do it (club or somewhere quieter), do I be soothing about it all or let her do her own thing?! And if she freaks out?

I feel like I need to give her a pamphlet or something to educate her about effects and all that! :\ So I guess I just dunno what to do in this situation coz someone's always taken care of me in that situation and I wouldn't really know what to do with roles reversed.

So yeah, any advice would be appreciated! And should her first time be at something big or somewhere quieter before like maybe just a normal club?

[edit] Event details

Last edited by a moderator:
Get her to take it in quarters or something to start off with. I remember my first time I only had two separate quarters and that was way enough!!
I guess tell her not to drink alcohol, just chill out with the pill.
And I think that would be a cool place for your first time, mine was and I loved it, because of the atmosphere. I still hate taking pills in clubs, but that's just me!
And just let her do her own thing, nothing worse than feeling like everyone is watching and worried about you. And if she freaks out, just take her somewhere quiet and away from everyone to chill out for a while. Most importantly, just make sure she's in a group of ppl she likes and trusts, she'll have a blast!!:)
P.S. as for the pamphlet idea, get her to hang out on bluelight for a while!! Better than any pamphlet!!

[edit] Event details

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with Azzes - take in quarters or halves. You're gonna have to keep an eye on her... cause different people handle it different ways. Just check if she wants a drink stuff like that.

I would think a quiet time at home with friends with some tunes on would be the best for a first time. That event is out in the heat etc and will be crowded. Some people dont handle crowds well on their first time. And the heat.. well you know - easier dehydration etc If its at home and chilled, she can settle into the feeling easier and get used to it. Then she will know what to expect and how to handle it a bit better at. Plus if she freaks out at an event... you'll have to leave and then you'll both have wasted money on a ticket!

Last edited:
i dont know if the mods will appreciate the venues in this thread??? anyway though, dont give your friend too much water because something bad can happen if you do. check somewhere on this site for the whole reasoning to this.

Yeah sorry about putting event names in, thought it might help give ppl an idea of what environment she would be getting into for her first time dropping. thanks for the advice guys, keep it coming, makes me feel better!

The first time I had e was at a rave.

I had half a blue smiley - It was enough to blow me off the planet.

I'm glad that I did e around lots of people with good music playing... it made it that much more exciting than just sitting at home with friends.

Which state do you live in? I'll point you in the right direction for some basic pamphlets. Bluelight is brilliant for answering specific questions but for generalist knowledge, you can't beat a one-pager.

Having said that the basics pages on Erowid are very good, definitely recommend pointing her to www.erowid.org .

^ Those are the exact flyers I was going to recommend. Print those babies out and give her one (pamphlet, that is! ;))

if your going to be her companion for the day, just ensure your not completely off chops yourself and that you'll be able to help her out if need be, so yeah, keep a close eye on her. As for dosage, i would go in 1/2's, assuming it's a decent bik, i have a pretty low tolerance and quarters still don't do much for me.

Send her to resourcefull url's and literature and let her grasp her own concept on the knowledge and cycle of drug use.

I would go only half for the start, that's if she even needs the other half later. Important thing is to be patient and let the pill do its thing.

I remember the first time I had one, took half and 15-20min later didn't really feel much (I was tanked by that stage) so decided to have the other.

Don't remember much after that, other than bogeying like crazy on the dancefloor (I was in a country town club) and my vision kept jittering and breaking up. I was totally off my head, later found myself outside the club and friends coming up saying that I got kicked out by the bouncer. By this stage I could hardly walk and later spewed.

I must admit I had a blast cos I was totally off my head and something I had never experienced before but I can imagine some people may freak out.

tell her to take it in halfs, do it b4 new year eitha in a club u both know well or at home but u gotta have lights n muzic. jus tell her to drink water & if she starts to freak out sit down some where quiet. My 1st time i took half n didnt feel it for 2 hours so i took the utha half & they both hit me so then i threw up lol *OH n tell her if she does throw up its ok i know heaps of ppl that throw up every wkend from thaire pills.

On another note it'd be great if you could get some 5-HTP, although a lot of people I know (including myself) didn't notice any significant after-effects on their first pill.
Those were the days
=D
PEACE

Thanks guys for all the help, much appreciated. I took my first pill at a huge event similar to the one I'm taking her to, and had an absolutely rocking time, quite overwhelming but in a good way. Its funny but at the time I was totally fine, yet now I am amazed I didn't freak out because the experience was just out of this world.

Yeah I think why I'm worried is coz I was so naive when taking my first pill, yeah I knew they were dangerous but kinda only thought junkies had overdoses and that type of thing. My friend is a lot more informed about dangers (and still wants to try) so I just think it might be more likely that she might have a freak out.

I'll let all know how it goes. Also, with the 5-HTP thing, I was thinking of getting some for myself, just a side question on that, is there any way you can get it delivered to somewhere other then your home address? Coz I know they have other uses as well, but living at home I think my parents would be suss as to why I took all the trouble to import 'vitamins' from overseas.

Ha ha, I remember my first roll as well, no come down at all, positively beaming the whole time, those were the days...

I think you'll find when orderin' 5-HTP from overseas you'll recieve notice from Australia Post that a package has been recieved that requires you to go to the nearest post office and pick it up.
=D
Should be easy enough and they'll have no reason to suspect a thing.
PEACE

i had a full blue alien for my first time, it was a life changing exprience. not sure everyone should go full ones there first time but.

Just keep an eye on her. Get on the dance floor and go absolutely crazy with her and be really enthusiastic about it! My first time was at u huge NYE event and I did 2 1/2 pills and absolutely took off to the moon. It was the greatest feeling i've ever felt! Just be sure to tell her that if she does start to feel a bit negative that it will pass and not to flip out.