• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Trying to get off Lope (high dosage)

I tried Loperamide to get high for a few weeks and I also initially read online that it was harmless to the body.. I was taking maybe from 70mg to 90mg and I must have done it only 5, 6 times within 2 weeks and I have to admit that it did get me high, a very strange high but it worked... However, I noticed my skin would dry out like crazy, dry skin falling everywhere on my face... Then I started having some serious trouble to shit and decided enough was enough, I spent 1 whole day super scared I had some problem in my intestines and took laxatives for the first time in my life and it was just horrible... I will never touch that shit in high doses again... I also felt sick for like 3 days after, withdrawals

Also I know this is none of my business but I just have to ask.... Was your girlfriend taking opiates while she was pregnant? God I hope the answer is no.

Appreciate the info. makes me want to get off even more. And also worries me due to what happened to my fiance.But I really hope it had nothing to do with it.

Hey, any updates on your situation? Still tapering or have you gotten off it onto another more safe maintenance drug? Have you had an EKG done to check your hearts health and function?

Hey, any updates on your situation? Still tapering or have you gotten off it onto another more safe maintenance drug? Have you had an EKG done to check your hearts health and function?

Still tapering. down 92 MG now and still going slowly but surely.No, I haven't had any checkups. I haven't had any side effects.But down the road soon . I will see.

I tried Loperamide to get high for a few weeks and I also initially read online that it was harmless to the body.. I was taking maybe from 70mg to 90mg and I must have done it only 5, 6 times within 2 weeks and I have to admit that it did get me high, a very strange high but it worked... However, I noticed my skin would dry out like crazy, dry skin falling everywhere on my face... Then I started having some serious trouble to shit and decided enough was enough, I spent 1 whole day super scared I had some problem in my intestines and took laxatives for the first time in my life and it was just horrible... I will never touch that shit in high doses again... I also felt sick for like 3 days after, withdrawals

Also I know this is none of my business but I just have to ask.... Was your girlfriend taking opiates while she was pregnant? God I hope the answer is no.

Yeah she was. It's better to be on medication then WD'ing while pregnant. Way better. She was no means some unhealthy junkie whore. Her doctor wrote a letter for the local Methadone clinic. But she was denied due to not having anything in her system. Baby came out perfectly fine and super healthy to this day. Thank God yes.But Like I said. WD is what can do damage. Or crack etc. some opiates opiods aren't bad like you may think. We were really not bad during that period. I am sure you imagine a much different situation.Messed up the clinic denied her though even with a note from a doctor. Shit health care system we have in the states.