• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Trying to get off heroin/fentanyl

FunkyNotAJunkie09

Greenlighter
New to bluelight. Actually I've been lurking this site for years but this is the first time I've made an account. Ok so a few questions in here.
1) How do I know if what SWIM is doing is pure fentanyl? The stuff they get is rocked up VERY hard (most of the time) and is pure white. And the withdrawals are completely unmanageable. Are the wds different between h and fent
2) SWIM tapered down from 2 grams a day to between 1 and .5 a day (IV route). Is it possible to taper down all the way to where there are no or minimal withdrawls? Anyone have methods?
3)Kratom. SWIM bought a brick of red borneo in hopes it would help with the wds but the stuff is so god awful I can barely get it down. Is it worth trying to consume? Does it work?

Thanks guys. I've appreciated your community from the shadows for quite some time and am grateful to be apart of it!

Honestly the only way i could kick opiates was to lock myself in a room and sweat it out cold turkey. Yeah it was fucking awful but thats what worked for me. I was addicted to opiates of all sorts for 10 years-ish. I never used any drug IV tho so maybe thats what saved me. I cant speak on withdrawals from IV use maybe its more intense. I will say heroin and fentanyl are the worst opiates besides oxymorphone and hydromorphone that ive withdrawaled from. Idk how to go about testing fent or dizzy but i used to get some white dizzy that was pretty rocky and it always fucked me up, cant say it was or wasnt cut tho as i have no clue how to test opiates for purity. Hang in there and my best advice would be to keep tapering yourself down and dont feel discouraged if you cant taper exactly as planned by a certain time. W/d from opiates is unbearable and even tapering down a little bit at a time is considered a big step imo. Also dont be afraid to tell others what youre feeling. I always felt like a wuss complaining about how i felt but sometimes it was the only thing that would get me out of my head. There is no clear cut method of getting through opiate w/d

It's most certainly not pure fentanyl (citrate) if "tapered down from 2 grams a day to between 1 and .5 a day (IV route)."

A "hard rock" is no guarantee of chemical purity and uniform composition. There's other places where they focus on drug testing and new trends in black market drugs.

Glass is an example of a hard material made from a mixture. Maybe just maybe with crystal meth you can get some confidence from the crystal structure but here the odds are you have some more-or-less dodgy RC variant of fentanyl and it's mixed with other unknown chemicals like maybe some kind of brittle adhesive to fool people into believing it's pure and same time make it easier to measure and lower the risk of killing customers with opiate ODs. If you have a "good supplier" they'll keep delivering the same stuff whatever it is and because you're having a hard time tapering it's giving you some good euphoria. Tapering works just fine but you need to taper down gradually and that usually means staying for a while at each level before next descent. With methadone maintenance it can take over a year to taper down from say 100-150 mg to zero. It can take a very long time, and at least with methadone it's unchanged. So if you have no idea what you're taking maybe it's foolish to plan a long taper. And having a sample of that drug tested in a lab, what good does that do if they change it to something new?

So yeah. It's certainly possible, in general, to taper down. But what sense is it to be tapering down from an unknown drug when you don't know what it really is? Also consider the possibility that you're using this drug to either better deal with or maybe avoid dealing with other problems in your life and if that's so then it might be impossible to taper down unless you deal more directly with the other issues. This is why talking about your situation is so important.

And it's never "just the drug." Look at yourself from the outside and ask yourself why you started using this drug in the first place, and what was it that kept you using it, and how do you feel when you cut your dose? Maybe you're self-medicating for a perfectly good reason but chose by necessity a suboptimal medicine.

And "brick of red Borneo" means nothing really. Those labels are mostly all just gimmick and hype. If you don't know kratom and have a reliable supplier it's a mistake to think you can substitute some kratom for your fentanyl RC. Maybe after you taper down to zero maybe then you could get some benefit from kratom ...

Last edited:
New to bluelight. Actually I've been lurking this site for years but this is the first time I've made an account. Ok so a few questions in here.
1) How do I know if what SWIM is doing is pure fentanyl? The stuff they get is rocked up VERY hard (most of the time) and is pure white. And the withdrawals are completely unmanageable. Are the wds different between h and fent
2) SWIM tapered down from 2 grams a day to between 1 and .5 a day (IV route). Is it possible to taper down all the way to where there are no or minimal withdrawls? Anyone have methods?
3)Kratom. SWIM bought a brick of red borneo in hopes it would help with the wds but the stuff is so god awful I can barely get it down. Is it worth trying to consume? Does it work?

Thanks guys. I've appreciated your community from the shadows for quite some time and am grateful to be apart of it!

Welcome to bluelight. Just a quick heads up, we don't use "SWIM" here.

OK for question 1.
To my knowledge I've never done fentanyl, only real heroin. So I can't say if the withdrawals different. But everything I've heard is that fent gives you a higher tolerance so chances are it's worse. But other than that I dunno how you're gonna tell the difference without testing.

2. Yes you could slowly taper down, and then hopefully have a more manageable withdrawal. It'll get harder and harder the lower your tolerance get. So getting off say, 50mg will require much slower reductions in dose than say, half a gram.

No matter what though odds are you're in for some unpleasantness.

3. I've never done Kratom, sorry.

I wish you luck in getting off it. Be careful, if you reduce your tolerance trying to get off, and then start using again, you'll be at higher risk of overdose.

I personally found I wasn't able to get away from heroin any way except by methadone. Now what worked for me may not be right for you, and if you can get off it entirely that'd be great. I only mention it as an option if later down the track you find yourself unable to completely stop it.

Some people manage to do it, some don't.

Either way, I wish you luck. Take care. :)

Welcome to bluelight. Just a quick heads up, we don't use "SWIM" here.

OK for question 1.
To my knowledge I've never done fentanyl, only real heroin. So I can't say if the withdrawals different. But everything I've heard is that fent gives you a higher tolerance so chances are it's worse. But other than that I dunno how you're gonna tell the difference without testing.

2. Yes you could slowly taper down, and then hopefully have a more manageable withdrawal. It'll get harder and harder the lower your tolerance get. So getting off say, 50mg will require much slower reductions in dose than say, half a gram.

No matter what though odds are you're in for some unpleasantness.

3. I've never done Kratom, sorry.

I wish you luck in getting off it. Be careful, if you reduce your tolerance trying to get off, and then start using again, you'll be at higher risk of overdose.

I personally found I wasn't able to get away from heroin any way except by methadone. Now what worked for me may not be right for you, and if you can get off it entirely that'd be great. I only mention it as an option if later down the track you find yourself unable to completely stop it.

Some people manage to do it, some don't.

Either way, I wish you luck. Take care. :)
swim...Swim...SWIM ....swim swim swim swimswimswimsim.......phew.......swim

Kratom does help, if you get a good source. I like the source whose mascot is the same as a children's board game: hungry hungry [name]. That should be enough clue, and hopefully doesn't get me in trouble here. I like that site because they divide it by 'speed.' I would recommend getting some fast, but lean towards the slow. I love the slow varieties. And you'll notice the color of the veins doesn't always correlate to speed. Some of my favorite strains are yellows. I recommend the sleepy variety, which is a yellow (again, on that site I mean). But there are plenty of slow reds. There's a slow green that is quite nice- it's from bali. There's another yellow I like. And there's a white variety or two that are in the slow category.

If you can't deal with the toss and wash, then kratom may not be for you. Filling capsules is a pain in the ass. They do make little capsule filler-upper devices. They look like a pain too. Be careful buying from any place that sells capsules. First of all, it'll be a rip off. Second of all, it's almost always indicative of a lower quality, less scrupulous source.

In the beginning, you may need like 40 grams per day- maybe more. Toss back 4 grams, see how ya feel. You might need more. You might need less. Go as long as you can go. The cool thing about kratom is that it's easy to drop down your intake. At some point, on day 3 or 4, you should start to feel like you don't need as large a dose. OR, that you don't need to re-up at your usual time. Go an hour longer. Go two hours longer. Try to wittle down as best you can.

Baclofen is pretty damn good for withdrdawal There's a user on here who said clonidine really helped. I've never had it. Gabapentin can help too- people swear by it. I never had much luck with it, but I wasn't taking the amounts I was supposed to. Vitamin C is supposed to be good too, the good thing about it is that you can't OD on it. You've gotta take a pretty massive amount to help, but hey google it- some people are seeing some help.

Yes.. If you can get Gabapentin, literally take like 6 600mg. Or 12 300mg
Whatever you have. It will help, I swear!!

Gabapentin!!!! I swear and will always swear by it when you're getting off opiate related drugs.
People who are addicted to benzos and use gabapentin to get off of benzos will end up addicted to gabapentin. I have seen this all with this drug.
I take 800mg 4 times a day through dr.
Along with many, many other meds. I'm pretty crazy, but I definitely mean well.
Like swim said before in other posts, take 6 600mg at once for serious users and for ops like fentanyl, morphine, oxy-anything heroin.
There us a whole lot of differences between any opiate withdraw. Just the strength of withdraw it is....
But gabapentin is very addictive too. Swim was bad on it some odd years ago. I just take as rx says so now.
Good luck everyone!!

Fentanyl wds are far worse than H wds.far far worse.
I disagree especially to the degree you have implied.

As a longer term opiate addict I have kicked more times than I can even count. I have had to withdrawl from heroin, fent, and oxy over the years at different points. All from IV use as well.

I have tried every maintenance drug as well and using those drug long term is just foolish if ones desire is to legitimately get clean.

I can tell you with absolute certainty that the best way is balls out, cold turkey. If you REALLY want to stop.

If you could get youself a couple suboxone strips that can help ease the discomfort but I find going without any crutch gets it over with quicker.

I have also used meth to kick heroin and it works great, basically totally avoids the withdrawl but obviously poses an entire different set of issues, if you like meth.

Personally, I think people exaggerate just how bad withdrawl is and yes I can say that shit all I want. Of course it fucking sucks but thats the price one pays when they choose to stay high day in and out. I'm not being a dick when I say (not just you, all addicts) that the best way to get through a withdrawl is face it head on and dont be the type who lets it make act like a little bitch boy. Face it like your in control and withdrawl aint got shit on a bad mother fucker like you! (May sound silly but the right mindset can make a world of difference!)

I wish you the best, easiest withdrawl ever! You can get through it! I promise you can, you aren't the first of last to be right where you are now, so you aren't alone! Be aware of the depression that will come and dont let that negative bullshit hold any weight.

I once had to kick fent and sever alcohol dependance at the same time! Thats was the worst withdrawl by far.

When I went to the detox center they couldn't admit me because I was too fucked and my life was at risk, they called and ambulance and sent me to the ER. Alcohol dependency is a whole different beast, never again.