• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Trying to forget

needhelp91

Greenlighter
It's been 3 weeks since I last took Vicodin. The withdrawals weren't bad because I only used it for a week. But since then i still miss it. Every now and then I try to forget it and I even dream about being high on it. I miss how it made me feel. I try alternatives like tea and cannabis but it's just not the same. It's never the same. How do I forget?

Bro im just going to be honest with you on this. Youre lucky that vicodin is your problem...because you still have a chance of easily returning back to normal without any longterm paws. I say this a million times to people who litterally say the same shit you just said. Its more than in your best interest to stop while youre so far ahead. You think youre not because you havent been exposed to a true opiate hell yet. Im not undermining this because all opiate addiction is serious. Coming from a heroin adsict with 9 years of hardcore opiate addiction under my belt, please just stay on the track youre on. I promise the cravings will go away.

I hope youll be the 1 out of 10 that listen and not fall down that vicious cycle. Keep your head up bro. Trust me, the reward in the end is far better than any opiate high youve felt.

Please my friend listen to Oasis, this is not the life you want. I know how good it feels, especially at first. But if after your first week of use you are having drug dreams... you are going to be in for one hell of a nasty ride. It starts beautiful, you become better at everything you do by day. And sleep in a warm fuzzy blanket at night. But after a year or so you find yourself doing it daily, this is when your tolerance REALLY starts to go up. Then it is an exponential growth of time vs. use = tolerance. It will grow so fast you will turn around and ask... WTF happened to my savings?!?! Once you are out of your own money maybe you try to go CT thinking it wont be so bad. Two days in you a re shitting yourself and puking up everything in sight. Then you say to yourself fuck this just need to feel better.

So you look around your house "what can I pawn what can I pawn?" then you get that next hit and you feel better maybe even a little high. But even then you know it is going to wear off soon, so you are already looking for your next score. It sounds like I am making one big generalization. But watch over the next few hours as everybody comes in here and begs you to stay away. It will ruin your life and take everything you have from you. This means you are genetically pre-disposed to opiate addiction and maybe others as well. Be careful with ANY substance including alcohol. I would say pot if the least of your concerns. But please for the love of God don't go around thinking you can do it every once in a while. That does not happen. Stop now, or for ever pay the lease.

Hi everyone! First I want to apologize for my English cause that's not my native language. My little story: I was addicted to oxycodone for 4 years. First it's was a fun, my "friend " brought a 15mg to me to try, first effect wasn't good. And couple days after, I said I want to try it again. So long story short my tolerance went to 450mg of oxycodone a day , just to be fixed. I lost everything: wife, job, friends, crashed a car ( was high on oxys and xanex). And then I decided to quit. Cold turkey. For first 3 weeks I almost didn't sleep plus all those side effects that you already know about. And trust it's not a joke, not to sleep for almost 3 weeks. I started having hallucinations. On week 3 I started smoking weed. Helped a little. So as now I'm clean for almost two years and what most important, that going true that he'll, made me hate those drugs!!! I started to understand, how you being like zombie can be useful. The good thing is that one of my friends quit as well, just having me as a example. He was listening to everything I told him from my experience. People!! You don't understand!! Government is the biggest drug dealer, they want you be out of control.. Whatever... Please, don't take opiats !!! Because you have to always understand that you not playing with them. They are playing with you!! Thanks for reading.

Dont ever touch opiates ever again, if your feeling this way with Vicodin your fucked if you ever do anything stronger, stay far far far away.

The effing problem is big pharma and the monopolies in the legal drug war, I swear if I ever have surgery again I will throw that shit out the window.
Good luck and stay away

The effing problem is big pharma and the monopolies in the legal drug war, I swear if I ever have surgery again I will throw that shit out the window.
Good luck and stay away

If you have surgery, just dont take the script they give you.

Doctors are really strict about prescribing pain meds, they rarely prescribe them even if you have a slipped disc.

my last surgery was not so long ago, and it was usually outpatient but since of my age they used a cadaver ligament and i had to stay over night, I was sleeping and wasn't even in pain cuz the sedative was still activ and in the middle of the night a nurse comes in and hands me a Perc, so yeah i took it.

so what? you were in pain, just dont make it a habit, never take more than prescribed and you should be fine, theyll probably only give you a weak one and only enough for a short period of time just enough to get over the majority of your pain.

You shouldnt get WDs from that unless your abusing them and whatnot.

Dont feel bad about using the perc she gave you, you must have been in alot of pain.

just take as prescribed and you wont get high and dont use anything to potentate them.

After almost 3 years on Suboxone, earlier 2.5 years on methadone and before that ~5 years on various opioids including morphine and heroin, I'm so sick and tired of opioids and despite that I still have thoughts about using heroin when I experience serious psychological pain, I imagine how it would take the pain away in no time, but at the same time I'm well aware that I wouldn't even go looking for it, I'm sure I could easily use it if it were right in front of me in the moment of extreme weakness even though deep inside I have no interest in using it ever again. That's how it works, you've learnt that the feeling is good and this information seems to sink into your neurons so well that it takes years to not give a damn about cravings but I guess it will never let you go in this lifetime, you only learn to ignore it recognising the falseness of the reward. Your body is made of matter and it's ruled by interactions between particles, so you can't simply change just like that, but if you feel your true self, you can make it happen and start controlling your body instead of your body controlling you.

I have to agree with previous posts.You are at a fork in the road,be careful which road you decide to take.Opiates are not just a recreational thing,eventually the longer you're around them the more likely you are to wake up years from now wondering what the hell happened.These drugs,all of them,are sneaky bastards and no one is beyond their reach,no one!