• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Trying out microdosing shrooms for the first time. Need help with medicine interactions.

willbclos

Greenlighter
Hello all. After being diagnosed with ADHD and taking amphetamines (Vyvanse) for little over a year now. I had tried out a bunch of medicine for the years before then, including, among others, a prolonged venlafaxine treatment, which was my first mental health treatment and, much like the others, didn't work long-term at all. Ever since I started medicating for AHDH I saw a lot of improvement: better habits, working out constantly, got better at empathy, learned how to truly enjoy things and so on, overall managed to get myself on a better track towards becoming who I want to become. I've been having some issues with anxiety lately, since my dose was too high and I was (and sort of still am) going through some rough stuff. I've since reduced my dose back to 50mg, thinking of going even lower to 40mg, and am taking Escitalopram (Reconter), per my psychiatrist's recommendation.

I wanna try out microdosing based on the several anecdotal reports mentioning improvements for their ADHD diagnosis, and the unfortunately still rather small amount of studies conducted on this. Vyvanse is expensive as hell, and no doubt contributes to my anxiety to some extent, which leads to a kind of analysis paralysis I've been very familiar with all my life. It no doubt helped me, but I'm interested in something more hands-off and less expensive, while also being mindful of the associated anxiety (and current need for something like Escitalopram) and, given that microdosing is done only every few days, it caught my attention.

I'm worried about how I'm going to go about this though: Is it at all safe for me to try out microdosing while taking amphetamines + escitalopram? Should I NOT take my amphetamines? Should I get off escitalopram before starting? (I've been on it for less than two weeks now, so it shouldn't be too hard to let go for this experiment) Ideally I would start out by taking the microdoses normally alongside the rest, and slowly let go of them if I feel the microdosing is pulling enough weight, but I'd rather go with whatever's safer and more objective when it comes to gauging how effective the microdosing might be for me. I'd appreciate anyone's input on this. Thanks in advance.

I am not familiar with any drug interactions besides with mood stabilizers. They inhibit the shrooms strength. Tell us what you decided!

I am not familiar with any drug interactions besides with mood stabilizers. They inhibit the shrooms strength. Tell us what you decided!
Hey! Thanks for the reply.

I haven't started yet, but I'm sure to try it out sometime soon. I'm still deciding about whether to stop taking Escitalopram before trying it out or not, so I'm considering waiting until May, when I have my next appointment with my psychiatrist. I'm sure he won't approve it explicitly, but since I'm quite certain about at least trying it out, I'd like to hear his input on HOW I should go about it. I'm not too trusting when it comes to doctors, honestly, as I've had too many wrong and unsatisfying diagnoses from so many doctors (whom I feel treated me like some experiment) already, but more food for thought can't hurt.

In the meantime I'm doing more research, deciding on who I'll get the shrooms from and how I'll go about taking them, and also reading up on LSD microdosing, as I've read some good stuff about it as well. I'll make sure to report it, regardless if I start it after may or sooner than that.

Hey! Thanks for the reply.

I haven't started yet, but I'm sure to try it out sometime soon. I'm still deciding about whether to stop taking Escitalopram before trying it out or not, so I'm considering waiting until May, when I have my next appointment with my psychiatrist. I'm sure he won't approve it explicitly, but since I'm quite certain about at least trying it out, I'd like to hear his input on HOW I should go about it. I'm not too trusting when it comes to doctors, honestly, as I've had too many wrong and unsatisfying diagnoses from so many doctors (whom I feel treated me like some experiment) already, but more food for thought can't hurt.

In the meantime I'm doing more research, deciding on who I'll get the shrooms from and how I'll go about taking them, and also reading up on LSD microdosing, as I've read some good stuff about it as well. I'll make sure to report it, regardless if I start it after may or sooner than that.
Hey! I’m on Prozac and it’s totally fine. I wouldn’t necessarily stop taking it if you are getting good results. I’ve done shrooms 5 times this Corona shit. I haven’t done them since high school. OMG, so fucking good! It’s really helped me work thru a ton of deep, dark, chasms of soul. Seriously. Laughter, visuals, jamming to music, chillin to classical, smoke, smoke and smoke some more, eat broccoli 🥦 and feel it healing my dna, eating walnuts and feeling my brain heal, swimming, hanging on my balcony looking at the sky and hearing the warm breeze gently sway the many plants I care for like children, burning nag champa, and smoking, smoking, smoking. Sex drive is intensely enhanced. So, therapeutic. You should time some tonight and report in the AM 😂

Hey! I’m on Prozac and it’s totally fine. I wouldn’t necessarily stop taking it if you are getting good results. I’ve done shrooms 5 times this Corona shit...

That's awesome my guy, it's the goal I'm aiming for to be honest. Getting rid of my lack of focus and anxiety, to be on the now and remind myself that improvements will come over time if I keep at it.

That's awesome my guy, it's the goal I'm aiming for to be honest. Getting rid of my lack of focus and anxiety, to be on the now and remind myself that improvements will come over time if I keep at it.
My guy?

Guess I just assumed you were a guy. It happens though, it's no big deal. I don't mind you just stating a correction. Tone over text is hard to figure out, so I'm not sure if it was a friendly reminder or if you meant to say it in an upset way lmao.

Pro tip: it wasn't meant as an insinuation of ownership.

If this is what you intended to point out, though, then SunriseChampion said it all already.

Guess I just assumed you were a guy. It happens though, it's no big deal. I don't mind you just stating a correction. Tone over text is hard to figure out, so I'm not sure if it was a friendly reminder or if you meant to say it in an upset way lmao.

If this is what you intended to point out, though, then SunriseChampion said it all already.
Sorry for the misunderstanding, I was tripping hard and I’m uber sensitive to any sort of what I thought was domination. My complete bad. It’s something I’m working on. Thank you for laying it out for me :)