• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Trying not to do Oxy

Jabberwocky

Frumious Bandersnatch
What’s the point. It’s so expensive, I know I won’t feel shit and I’m too much of a pussy to push it to the limits. But yet I yearn for one. I’m not sick, I’m not withdrawing I haven’t taken one in a week or so but I stopped drinking kratom same reasons. I was taking it for the stimulant effects, but both of those have sadly faded. Now it’s only enough dose to keep me extremely lethargic from the weed combo. Idk what to do they are accessible at any point yet I know I’ll feel disgusted with myself not high, and a little money shorter. I pray my klonopin comes in soon. But now thinking of that is just another excuse to take a oxy

Ok that's PAWS (post acute withdrawal syndrome). Lack of dopamine. Memantine does help with that but you need a doc for the Rx. I know it, and I am in the same shit ... no real withdrawal, no real depression or anxiety, just ... lethargic anhedonia.

Ok that's PAWS (post acute withdrawal syndrome). Lack of dopamine. Memantine does help with that but you need a doc for the Rx. I know it, and I am in the same shit ... no real withdrawal, no real depression or anxiety, just ... lethargic anhedonia.
i've been doing massive amounts of coca to replace Morphine( have done around 3 ozs of crack in 3 months. But that's starting to take a toll on my mental health ugh-

Yeah it's about dopamine, and norepinephrine to a lesser degree. Agonists like memantine or ropinirole can do the same in a more sane way and NMDA antagonism helps with tolerance but it's a wickedly complex puzzle I guess nobody knows all the pieces yet ...

To me, it’s the most dangerous part. I wake up with great intentions every morning, then it’s like well this morning is going good. Let’s amp it up just a tad bit. Sometimes I catch a warm feeling but that’s about it, I’ve pushed tolerance I believe with kratom with no real effects but that being said I’ve either had kratom or oxy, probably 300 of the last 365 days. I’m taking tyrosine @ 2000mg a day.. but I’m not so sure that will help. I think being on stimulants since a kid from ADHD has really depleted my dopamine receptors cause even on a good day I don’t get shit done until Im manic. The one thing that saves me is a double edged sword. I think benzos help me the most. I get energy the more and more I take. But with my Clonazepam script it’s like 5 2mg a month which I don’t really wanna lose by telling my doctor all that does is make me manic, and incoherent for about a week. I come up with amazing art but that brings up other threads for me. I suppose I could break them in halves or quarters but what’s the point in that. It sucks man but we will get through it. I ramble less next post. I suppose tyrosine is having a decent effect lol
i've been doing massive amounts of coca to replace Morphine( have done around 3 ozs of crack in 3 months. But that's starting to take a toll on my mental health ugh-
If I was in your neck of the woods I can’t say I’d be doing any different. I have a chance to come closer, but I wonder with my affection for cocaine if that’s even worthy of exploring. Considering I’d be in south Florida where I have 100 x better of a chance to score some proper stuff. But that being said I think I’ve smoked all the weed I can with this shit,

day 3 i feel good, but I don't wanna get cocky, hopefully tomorrow I can say day 4

when u start getting cravings try distracting yourself. find hobbies, play video games, or go outside. maybe get exercise or talk to someone? exercise is what saved me from going back. also research d-phenylalanine, 5-htp, magnesium and vitamin b6. those all could help with dopamine and your mood. believe it or not but doing a little exercise with taking vitamins and supplements helps a lot. also eating cleaner helps a lot. i know cooking sucks sometimes but eating whole, clean foods makes my body feel amazing and clean.

Last edited:
when u start getting cravings try distracting yourself. find hobbies, play video games, or go outside. maybe get exercise or talk to someone? exercise is what saved me from going back. also research d-phenylalanine, 5-htp, magnesium and vitamin b6. those all could help with dopamine and your mood. believe it or not but doing a little exercise with taking vitamins and supplements helps a lot. also eating cleaner helps a lot. i know cooking sucks sometimes but eating whole, clean foods makes my body feel amazing and clean.
I think your right diet and exercise is Something I haven’t tried I take tyrosine 5htp l theanine and triple calm magnesium along with my daily vitamin but sadly I took one last night and today, I thank you for your time and suggestions. I may use the energy I got today to form a better plan into keeping myself active. It’s just hard right now cause I don’t work, and they are always within reach so boredom always says why not

I think your right diet and exercise is Something I haven’t tried I take tyrosine 5htp l theanine and triple calm magnesium along with my daily vitamin but sadly I took one last night and today, I thank you for your time and suggestions. I may use the energy I got today to form a better plan into keeping myself active. It’s just hard right now cause I don’t work, and they are always within reach so boredom always says why not
i feel your pain, i relapsed because i dont work either since the lockdown from this pandemic. and boredom is always my weakness and reason to get high. ive been clean off opiates for 3 years before this happend and ive learned a lot to help stay clean thats why i say stay as busy as possible with hobbies and such.

How long do opiate cravings last? I quit cigarettes after 2 years of daily use 10 a day, and dont ever get craving. However Ive been clean off oxycodone the same time frame and LATELY after about 6-7 months off cravings are strong as hell. Not sure why, is this PAWS?

How long do opiate cravings last? I quit cigarettes after 2 years of daily use 10 a day, and dont ever get craving. However Ive been clean off oxycodone the same time frame and LATELY after about 6-7 months off cravings are strong as hell. Not sure why, is this PAWS?
From what I hear depending on usage it could last a year, but part of me thinks once you introduce that to your body, and like it...you'll forever have an attachment

From what I hear depending on usage it could last a year, but part of me thinks once you introduce that to your body, and like it...you'll forever have an attachment
man, i've been to rehab twice. 9 months each when i was 19 and 21. I relapsed on day 3 both times. The mental aspect is always gonna be there, no matter how long you're clean from ur DOC. if u're determined to score, you're gonna make it happen.

It gets boring eventually though and the high very underwhelming tbh....that's the only thing that's keeping me clean atm.

I found that high intensity activities and adrenaline rush things that gave me endorphins naturally, really helped. And yet even so, during the lockdown I got some cravings that were not "physical" though they felt that way!
I happened to have some lyrica left and it really took the edge off the cravings. I was pleasantly surprised that even now, when there's no legit physical piece to this, lyrica helped. I also sing and skydive and I watch a lot of comedies then, and try to plan things that require my total focus and are always better done, SOBER!