• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Trying Benadryl for the first time...250mg

Status
Not open for further replies.

rapgodhindi

Greenlighter
Aight...Im 14, kinda small... 5 foot 3 inches, and weigh 120. I am going to try 250 mg of benadryl tonight...so like 10 of the small pink pills. what should i expect? Im going to do it right before i go to bed so ill probably feel the effects when it will be pitch dark in my room. Just consider this when replying. Thanks so much for the feedback. Im just kinda curious at this stage. Please include negatives and positives at 250mg dosage. ;);)%)

Diphenhydramine is not a fun drug. You'll either hallucinate without any of the pleasant sensations that accompany classical hallucinogens, or you'll just fall asleep. My money is on falling asleep.

Have fun not having fun.

It's a dilirient, not a hallucinogen.

Meaning: It's going to be unpleasant.

I've accidentally taken enough to hallucinate before and it wasn't like, ENTIRELY unpleasant, but it wasn't pleasant either. I suppose it probably depends on your situation and experience, and I'm guessing you (OP) don't have much of the latter considering your age. Still not something most people do recreationally more than once, though.

The only positive thing that comes out of a diphenhydramine trip is the knowledge that it's not worth trying to trip on diphenhydramine.

At 250mg you can expect to feel sluggish, it will be difficult to think, and you'll eventually fall asleep.

This thread gives me flashbacks. Lol. I was in jail a few years ago. You could order benadryl off the canteen sheet and I bought like 12 bottles. Imagine already being in a negative place like jail and then tripping balls seeing shadow people and spiders lmao we gave 300mg to this black guy and he tripped the fuck out going on a rampage trying to fight all the CO's because he thought they were demons. XD
I wish they sold some sort of dxm containing product in there. We would've had alot more fun.

Right, i gotta say it ( in the name of HR), you're 14! I suggest you stop trying to get fucked up on anything for a few years.
Im sure there are many people here that will tell you how much drug use fucked their education/family life at that age.
I started smoking weed around your age and I fucked everything up. Im not saying you will too, but its far too easy to slip up and get carried away.
I also recommend not bothering with your original question, it always gave me a horrible body sensation, even at low doses. Like my arms and legs were really restless.

I do it all the time, when u take a dose that high it tends to give you a speedy effect, so dont plan on falling asleep right away. under 5 pills (100mg) it makes you tired, but when you get into the 250-300mg range, it speeds you up...

Its a weird feeling, you're sluggish but you're also speeding mentally, very strange. However, I find it kinda enjoyable. Anyway, I take it in combination with my bupe, you should note that.

As far as people talking about hallucinations, thats stupid I've never experienced anything like that and I've been taking it a long time...

Last edited:
So i took the pills last night, but nothing much happened. However, when i woke up, i elt like shit, and the ground was rolling under my feet. I couldn't walk straight, and my pupils were dilated as fuck. DO NOT TRY BENADRYL. ITS SUCKS. THERE IS NO HIGH...YOU ONLY NEAUSEA AND PARANOIA.

So i took the pills last night, but nothing much happened. However, when i woke up, i elt like shit, and the ground was rolling under my feet. I couldn't walk straight, and my pupils were dilated as fuck. DO NOT TRY BENADRYL. ITS SUCKS. THERE IS NO HIGH...YOU ONLY NEAUSEA AND PARANOIA.

Yeah there's no surprise here. 14 though? You should be getting your kicks from weed and not even. Weed is no drug for the youth. My mind has seen this first hand.

As far as people talking about hallucinations, thats stupid I've never experienced anything like that and I've been taking it a long time...

From wiki (which I do not suggest using as a source for information for serious life or death inquiries but for our purposes here I think will do just fine):

Recreational use of diphenhydramine may cause:
  • Dysphoria
  • Hallucinations (auditory, visual, etc.)
  • Heart palpitations
  • Extreme drowsiness
  • Severe dizziness
  • Abnormal speech (inaudibility, forced speech, etc.)
  • Flushed skin
  • Severe mouth and throat dryness
  • Tremors
  • Seizures
  • Inability to urinate
  • Vomiting
  • Motor disturbances
  • Anxiety/nervousness
  • Disorientation
  • Abdominal pain
  • Delirium
  • Coma
  • Death[51]

For a 14 year old kid who lives at home with his parents and doesn't know the first thing about drugs; deliriants are about the WORST type of drug you can take. I don't think you understand what delirium is... it's nothing like a psychedelic trip where you feel high as fuck and see pretty patterns. You will most likely feel sober (but shitty because of the anticholinergic side effects), forget you've even taken a drug and potentially end up doing some really bad shit because you don't be able to distunguish reality from fantasy. Oh, and the effects can last for DAYS.

Just don't do it. In all seriousness you'd be better off trying crack than tripping on DPH (not that I recommend you do that either).

Diphenhydramine was probably one of my first drug experiences. I used to have really bad allergies (to pollen) as a little kid and during the summer months I'd drink lots of liquid Benadryl and pass out in random places around my house, LOL.

Please don't take Benadryl with the intent to get high, though. 250 mgs isn't enough to mindfuck you anyway, most likely.

Diphenhydramine is not a fun drug. You'll either hallucinate without any of the pleasant sensations that accompany classical hallucinogens, or you'll just fall asleep. My money is on falling asleep.

This ^^

Why would someone take benedryl in such large doses? There's no high from it. Lawd.

Diphenhydramine was probably one of my first drug experiences. I used to have really bad allergies (to pollen) as a little kid and during the summer months I'd drink lots of liquid Benadryl and pass out in random places around my house, LOL.

Please don't take Benadryl with the intent to get high, though. 250 mgs isn't enough to mindfuck you anyway, most likely.
Forgot to mention this.
DPH and other first generation histamines have a shitload of legitimate medical uses. IME they work great for allergic reactions, many types of nausea (e.g. motion sickness and psychedelic or opiate-related nausea) and can be used as safe, non-addictive sedatives as well (in doses FAR lower than you would require to notice deliriant effects or any real side effect besides possible dry mouth).
Personally I would never take an opioid painkiller without a first generation antihistamine... they really are that good. They kill all the opioid side effects (apart from constipation) and potentiate their effects quite noticeably. On their own though they have ZERO recreational value (this isn't even a subjective opinion) and are NOT to be fucked with. When you take this kind of drug in high doses you are effectively poisoning yourself... if the trip reports out there (which are unanimously negative and disturbing) don't put you off, then the physical effects should. My advice: wait a few years and start off with a 'proper' drug.

seeing as OP has taken it already and the fun and games are all over... closing time

Status
Not open for further replies.