& Science

Welcome Guest
    Please read before posting:
    Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • CEPS Moderators: cduggles | JessFR | tathra

Trump wants to buy Greenland

Factualist

Bluelighter
I'm not trying to start anything with this thread, I'm just high as shit and I saw that headline and for whatever reason it just fucking killed me lmao

cduggles

Moderator: CEPS, Words
Staff member
I swear I was about to post the WSJ story. So outlandish!

Edit: here’s the link:

And the best line:

The person described the question less as a serious inquiry than as a joke meant to indicate “I’m so powerful I could buy a country,” noting that since Mr. Trump hadn’t floated the idea at a campaign rally yet, he probably wasn’t seriously considering it.

MaggieV

Greenlighter
And....in this morning’s news, Trump has renewed his “interest” in buying Greenland from Denmark.

Granted, Truman attempted to purchase it in 1946 and there were State inquiries to purchase it and Iceland in 1867.

This is not “new” news, but it sure is a good diversionary headline in light of Epstein.

In the USA, it seems big events (with exceptions, e.g., 09/11) are broadcasted on the news networks but interest wanes as inevitably another newsworthy event garners our nation’s attention (e.g., school shooting, etc.). At least it seems that way to me for many years now, but it is escalating during this Administration.

I know there isn’t an answer, but is it a diversionary tactic to move on to the next “story,” is it fantastical narcissism where our planet is like a chessboard game with ever changing rules? Just the squirrels in my head, I guess. (And 30 Supreme Court Justices?!).

Please delete if this is out of the scope of this thread.

Captain.Heroin

Sr. Moderator: H&R, Words
Staff member
Life has no meaning, yet I keep searching...
Gotta love instead of supporting NATO, Europe in general, the EU, Trump is like "We can just buy the parts of Europe we need" yeah, that's not how 2019 Planet Earth is operating bro, sorry.

TheLoveBandit

Co-Owner
buying Greenland from Denmark.
I did not know Denmark owned Greenland. Learned something new today! Thank you.

= = = = = =

I saw this elsewhere also and was looking to bring it here. I have no idea how serious he is (doesn't sound like it), or how much of a distraction he may use it for...but to bring some levity I thought we could brainstorm reasons for why he'd have made the statements:

Greenland is covered in snow and ice, not green. However, there already is an Iceland. So, maybe he is looking to buy it and rename it "Whiteland" in a subtle white-supremecist move?

Is this Trump's answer to the "Green" New Deal? His way of 'going green'?

Is it a real estate ploy for when Global Warming is proven right?

Is it a gerrymander to get more Republican voting districts and seats in Congress?

spare ribs

Bluelighter
I'm just impressed that he's even heard of Greenland.
Im sure hes seen Greenland many times when glancing out the window of his private Boeing 757 .In-between counting his money,looking in the mirror and making sweet love with his fine wife.😆