Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • CEPS Moderators: cduggles | Deru | mal3volent
  • Bluelight HOT THREADS
  • Let's Welcome Our NEW MEMBERS!

US Politics Trump is running a shadow presidency

JackARoe

Bluelighter
gain investment, grab the money then run as the building burns behind him

I had a friend lose $100,000 in an apartment investment. Trump waited for all the people to put in their money and as soon as the last one did he declare bankruptcy and my friend and his wife lost that money.

Thank you General Milley. I hope they make a statue of you in honor of saving us from this child (that still never learned sportsmanship and never conceded)

Snafu of the Forest

Moderator: NMI, NSADD
Staff member
I had a friend lose $100,000 in an apartment investment. Trump waited for all the people to put in their money and as soon as the last one did he declare bankrupsy and my friend and his wife lost that money.
That's fucked man. That's how you ruin people's lives. :(

Trump probably later referred to that as a "Win"... "The best business deal in the history of business deals."

LandsUnknown

Bluelighter
Yes, he does continue to have a fairly and surprisingly strong influence on members of the GOP. However, he isn't illicitly pressuring or bribing them into going along with him. The difference between him and other former presidents is that he's a one termer. They know he's planning to come back, and he still unfortunately has a huge following. Members of the GOP are supporting him in hopes that their candidate (most likely him) will win in 2021. It's a you scratch my back, I scratch yours sort of thing. In "exchange" for supporting Trump and his campaign, he most likely donates to theirs.

This is unfortunately how the system often works and has throughout history. Though, the law says that this type of thing cannot be openly stated. But as long as it's "implied" rather than stated openly, this sort of corruption is perfectly legal and unfortunately extremely common. The fact that Trump is as rich as he is means that he's able to reap enormous benefits from this sort of sleazy hidden in plain sight bullshit. He's only more of a "shadow president" than other past presidents because he's more persistent and determined. Also, he could run again and win. So, they're hanging on to his coattails.

PriestTheyCalledHim

Bluelighter
I had a friend lose $100,000 in an apartment investment. Trump waited for all the people to put in their money and as soon as the last one did he declare bankruptcy and my friend and his wife lost that money.

Thank you General Milley. I hope they make a statue of you in honor of saving us from this child (that still never learned sportsmanship and never conceded)
That is their fault for investing a large amount of money into real estate/flats instead of other options that are a lot more safe, protected, and actually produce money.

It is important to understand what bankruptcy really is as it is often times misunderstood by many including those in the media. Bankruptcy at its most simple is a way for persons (natural persons like you and me but also business entities) to either discharge (basically have forgiven) or reorganize certain debts, or in the case of property or real estate protect it. In petitioning for bankruptcy relief, the filing entity will have to list assets and liabilities to paint a complete financial picture. Creditors of the filing entity or debtor will file claims representing obligations owed to them by the debtor. In a liquidation, assets can be liquidated in order to satisfy creditors. In reorganizations, it may be possible to renegotiate or even force new terms on creditors, especially if the altered terms can be shown to net more to the creditors than a liquidation of assets today.

There is a vast difference between filing bankruptcy as an individual and filing as a business entity. You do not want to be in a position to file personally. Walt Disney, Ford, Trump, and Kiyosaki, etc. all had business ventures file bankruptcy. Because they were business entities, the faces we think of as business leaders behind the organizations had their personal wealth, property/real estate, businesses, and assets shielded as a result of asset protection strategies devised long before the bankruptcy. The bankruptcy was limited to the assets and liabilities of the corporate entities that filed for bankruptcy protection.

Milley? He committed treason, and is a racist bigot as he supports KKKomumist Race Theory.

JackARoe

Bluelighter
Milley? He committed treason

At face value I would agree Priest. But at that point in time we had a president who was going to great lengths to overturn the election and maybe General Milley saw even more that we did not. Trump was not acting like a normal person, more like a little child who breaks the toy rather than share it. So from there it is easy to speculate just what else he would do to throw a monkey wrench into a transition.

cduggles

⚥ Male Model Maven ⚥ Sr. Moderator: CEPS, Words
Staff member
Milley is actually quite reasonable about critical race theory:
"I've read Mao Zedong. I've read Karl Marx. I've read Lenin. That doesn't make me a communist. So what is wrong with understanding — having some situational understanding about the country for which we are here to defend?" Milley said.

He continued brusquely: "And I personally find it offensive that we are accusing the United States military, our general officers, our commissioned, noncommissioned officers of being, quote, 'woke' or something else, because we're studying some theories that are out there."

Anyone reading Peril, the latest Trump book, by Woodward and Costa?

December Flower

Bluelighter
hitler (no offense just a comp to tactics) will be back. he must its how shit goes
As a German I find that offensive.
The Allied Forces died in the millions, over 70 million dead in WW2 from all sides.
If mankind has not learned from this, please Jesus: kill us all, because we're just not going to learn.

If you refer to Hitler's strategy to become Reichskanzler, you're not well informed, the strategy belonged to Hindenburg. Hindenburg made him Reichskanzler and gave him this dictatorship like milk to an infant. I mean, Hitler really wasn't that much of a strategist(and if you say Blitzkrieg, I'm going to murder someone, Blitzkrieg was a strategy used in WW1, the Nazis just gave it a flashy name, fuckin posers)

Xorkoth

🎨 ARTministrator 🎨
Staff member
That is their fault for investing a large amount of money into real estate/flats instead of other options that are a lot more safe, protected, and actually produce money.

Real estate is widely considered to be one of the best investment vehicles with the greatest chance of producing returns. Sorry but if you (as a business entity, ie, Trump in this case) collect money from investors to build real estate, and then declare bankruptcy to avoid delivering on what you promised, you have done something wrong and morally reprehensible. The best word I could use to describe doing that is "sketchy".