• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Tripping on DXM

Michael_25

Bluelighter
I've never tried it before and want to experience it. I have a cough syrup but it has another active ingredient along with DXM -- it's guaifenesin. I googled it and it said it is hard to reach toxicity levels with it, yet they advise that if you overdose on it you should go to your ER ASAP, so it's kind of contradictory ... so can I trip with this stuff or should I stay clear from it?

I'd avoid taking large doses of guaifenesin. While it is not particularly toxic it can cause pretty severe nausea and is hard on the kidneys. If you want to experiment with DXM try to find a DXM only product, often found in cough gel form under names like robafen or tussin cough gels (at least in the US).

Well taking large doses of Guaifenesin causes a lot of nausea and it can really rain the experience in a negative way. I've used the sorta syrup your talking I real light doses without to much of an issue but it's really worth just finding another batch for you to use. My days of Dissos use are behind me but I hear it's really easy to find gelcaps containing only DXM online. I always liked using the capsules because you don't have to deal with drinking a fuckton of nasty syrup if you really wanna go out there far.

Possibly watch the universe being recreated and destroyed in what would seem to be an endless time loop, the life cycles of stars and formation of our solar system. I've seen some amazing stuff on heavy doses of Dextromethorphan. Has a pretty heavy bodyload though which i always found to be pretty significant drawback though. But that being said I had some deeply mystical experiences on the compound and it surely has it's place in the Psychonaut's Arsenal.

~Cosmic Charlie

Last edited:

rough guide for a 75kg person

Edit: Sorry saw the question was about guaifenesin and from my research its as follows
200 to 400 mg orally every 4 hours as needed, not to exceed 2.4 g/day

Last edited:
EDIT: I'm also on 400mg of clozapine a day. Is there any adverse interaction between DXM Hydrobromide and clozapine (an antipsychotic)? And is DXM Hydrobromide just the full name for DXM? Or is it a slightly different compound? Thanks guys.

Dextromethorphan Hbr is the chemical name on meds. As for the clozapine i can't advise or comment

DXM polistirex is not what you want, so look out for that. Definitely the DXM HBr. The polistirex is an extended release form which is good for coughs but not ideal for tripping. I cant speak for the clozapine either, maybe check the erowid faq.

Hold on your on clozapine 400mg if i was you id strongly not take dxm. Sorry im not trying to be a bummer but i believe clozapine at that dose is a last line for people with schizophrenia because it may be slightly more potent but may have slightly more side effects.

Idk if you have schizophrenia or not and im not trying to judge. I have to get my blood monitored due to needing multiple mood stabilizers.

But, im just trying to stress this im not antidrugs, i even just took my nicotine, amphetamine, and caffeine as soon as i got up and took dxm almost every day years (didnt end well dont recommend) if i was in your shoes or you where my brother asking me i would strongly suggest you not take dxm period due to:
Clozapine having a relately high side effect profile some of which can be life threatening. So mixing drugs with it can be super dangerous.
Given the dose your on i assume you might have schizophrenia
Given your on a drug typically used when others dont work i am guessing you have (like me no judgement just concerned) a serious mental illness
Lastly, due to the state of the world the last thing id want is to have a psychotic episode or whatever and be hospitalized during covid 19 not even just getting ill but idk it might be chaos i could guess it might take forever to process you ect.

(Sorry for the length too much coffee) please be safe.

There actually shouldn't be a significant interaction but I wouldn't recommend dissociative use for someone that suffers from the psychiatric disorders for which antipsychotics are indicated. Beyond that DXM won't really work well on clozapine, you might not feel a whole lot. I'd advise against it as it's not worth the risk.

Possibly watch the universe being recreated and destroyed in what would seem to be an endless time loop, the life cycles of stars and formation of our solar system. I've seen some amazing stuff on heavy doses of Dextromethorphan. Has a pretty heavy bodyload though which i always found to be pretty significant drawback though. But that being said I had some deeply mystical experiences on the compound and it surely has it's place in the Psychonaut's Arsenal.

I'd love that, I tried tripping on it but all I got out of it was very bad watery diarrhoea and bad thoughts and flashbacks and insomnia on large doses that should of been a 3rd platue