• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Triple J's Hottest 100 2004...

i know so many people have expressed their love on here and around the nation for 21 william shatner - common people, but i have to say it's a fucking travesty. way to kill a somewhat brilliant song. it is not even worthy of its position based on comedic value, cause it ain't even amusing, though it is a joke;)

i suppose next year everybody will be raving on about david hasselhoff covering live forever 8)

just pirate it, not worth buying a hottest 100 CD set with only ~30 songs on it... imo

silvia saint said:
i know so many people have expressed their love on here and around the nation for 21 william shatner - common people, but i have to say it's a fucking travesty. way to kill a somewhat brilliant song. it is not even worthy of its position based on comedic value, cause it ain't even amusing, though it is a joke;)

To tell the truth I'm much more fond of the Shatner version than the Pulp one. Although the film clip for the original is pretty cool...

its not, but i'd imagine the money would goto triple j, and in turn triple j play more australian music. Something like that anyway....

Well... im stuck in the middle of this

i dare say triple J have to pay a lot of money to get the songs they get on that cd...

Bands just dont let shit go anymore...

As much as bands should be privledged to get into the hottest 100 than the CD... they would still want their money.

JJJ pay massive royalties to American Record companies to feature tracks on their "compilation" as voted by Australians, but they can't get access to a lot of the tracks - therefore they make a "slimline" version of the 100 best songs.

they should call it "the hottest 30 tracks we could afford" or something similar and yes, I used to buy the JJJ CD's.

KS - is the only reason you don't buy them anymore because you can d/l them?

oh and I thought the reason they made different versions of songs was because some bands don't contribute to "various artists" cd's.
Korn 'got the life' and the dreaded offspring "pretty fly for a white guy" being just a couple....

Got The Life has been on a few compilations, the first probably being Family Value's Tour (although that was one of their own inhouse productions)

I don't buy them anymore because I think JJJ has gone to shit, when songs like Jet's make the Hottest 100, I no longer have respect for it

jaded.....? j/k

I agree some of the songs they play (and are on the compliations) have gone beyond retarded, but it was a vote, so what can ya do?

exactly

i think the thing that appeals about the hottest 100 cd is that... you voted for it... it is basically our songs