Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Triple J Hottest 100 - 2007

evilcalvin said:
.......maybe :p

Hey now, if I had the choice between:

a) having been sweared at by a celebrity, or
b) not having been sweared at by a celebrity.

I would take the first option.

Klue said:
Someone chucked a bottle of water at Daniel Johns when I saw them once at a Livid festival. He was irate and screamed out 'who the fuck was that?!' And he nearly walked off stage. Hehehe

Wasn't that like in 98 or something? At Byron Bay right?

^ Nope. They had the first Homebake here in Byron (famously known as mudbake)
That Livid was in about 96(?)

Listen people, there comes a time in every avid fans life when we just have to let our favourite band go. Silverchair are not going to make another Frogstomp (I haven't even heard that one...). You know I used to hope that Offspring would make another Self-Titled or Ignition or Smash.

But it was very liberating once I got used to the idea that they just were not going to.

And these wankers can toss on about how much the enjoy experimenting over and over and how they didn't want to do the same album again. We all know they are wrong and that they just lost it somewhere along the way. Probably around the sixtieth line of coke in their lifetime, just about when that feeling of success was kicking in.

Super-hindu.

Y'all wrong.

It was all about
Beck havin' the flu
at Summersault,
so
Sonic Youth
had to invent
half an hour
of feedback.

Or maybe they were playin' a song....

After some Rancid mosh-knob
somehow
got a 12 hole
to get
airborne
&
hit my forehead,
it all gotta little bit
non-rememberish...

I had this
sick
'U'
on my head for a week.

Not
as
bad
as
cuttin' a squash ball
in half
an' stickin' it to yo' fo'head
for a coupla minut'aas
(don' forget to pump that air out..).

Less humiliation,
more pain,
more explainable....

Serious,
has anyone else done the forehead squash?

Anyone?
:eek: ?

mike007 said:
Wasn't that like in 98 or something? At Byron Bay right?

You would be referring to the Homebake when it was in Byron a week before EC Blues and Roots

It was sunny up until Screamfeeder played and then it bucketed down all day. By the time silverchair came on the place had just been trampled to mud and a few good souls threw mud at silverchair as they played. Within 15 minutes everyone was throwing mud and they ended up fucking the whole mainstage so that the final two acts had to be moved over to one of the side stages

There was one tosser at college who did the squash ball thing. He was so incredibly ghey, I'm pretty sure he did it just for the attention 8(

lostpunk5545 said:
Listen people, there comes a time in every avid fans life when we just have to let our favourite band go. Silverchair are not going to make another Frogstomp (I haven't even heard that one...). You know I used to hope that Offspring would make another Self-Titled or Ignition or Smash.

But it was very liberating once I got used to the idea that they just were not going to.

And these wankers can toss on about how much the enjoy experimenting over and over and how they didn't want to do the same album again. We all know they are wrong and that they just lost it somewhere along the way. Probably around the sixtieth line of coke in their lifetime, just about when that feeling of success was kicking in.

True,but some bands remain true...I might cop some flak,but I still like Green Day as much as when I was rocking out to them in high school.Reciting Beastie Boys tracks still make me think I can MC.Muse still make me wonder how a band that sounds so artsy can still rock so hard.

But I get your point....once someone is paid a million bucks and told their the greatest I suppose it can do their head in.I'm not going to lose any sleep over it :)

CHiLD-0F-THE-BEAT said:
^It's a shit commercial song. Listen to the rest of the album before you judge. Please. :)

daniel seems like a cool guy, which is why i hate thinking he's so pretentious. beatles, kate bush, and bowie all in one with the latest record, daniel, minimalize dude. i don't care if people pay homage if the music is good, but young modern is so bad, it's just wank. they went from ripping off nirvana and pearl jam when they started (which is forgivable seeing they were young) to now the previously aforementioned. what's hilarious is fans wishing they'd go back to the old style, because as bad as the new stuff is it shits all over the old.

lostpunk5545 said:
Even though I didn't vote for it I don't mind that Muse's Knights of Cydonia won.

Something about that song really reminds me of the sound chip in the Commodore 64 and that is most definitely a good thing.

maybe they used a sidstation