• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Triple J Hottest 100 - 2007

college_dropout said:
The only Muse song I've liked so far has been Map of the Problematique. Highly recommend it if you haven't already heard it. I don't listen to much of their stuff either.

I also love this song.

(I could swear you mentioned this once in an old Track of the Moment thread, after I posted that I was listening to the track. At which point I directed you to listen to Depeche Mode - Precious. Was that you?)

CHiLD-0F-THE-BEAT said:
^It's a shit commercial song. Listen to the rest of the album before you judge. Please. :)

Still like the chair,just don't care too much for the song :)

Although it did put me off buying the album a bit...I might have to pop down to the record store and give it another chance.

evilcalvin said:
Still like the chair,just don't care too much for the song :)

Although it did put me off buying the album a bit...I might have to pop down to the record store and give it another chance.
^Strikes another Young Modern conversion off the list. ;)

the only song that didnt make it out of my life was klaxons - its not over... but golden skans made it...

and i must admit, i have never really been a massive john butler fan, but i really like his latest work...

No Kid Confucius? Kinda surprising.

I agree with ch0psy. Should be a decent CD this year.

Agreed on the Modest Mouse - JB can suck my rubber black dildo. I hate that guy.
[Same goes for The Waifs and Missy Higgins - rant over]

I'm surprised the Regina Spektor cover of Real Love didn't rate higher too.That song was pretty damn popular when it came out.

This years CD is going to be so kick arse,I can't wait to get my hands on it :D

so now that im bored, i have worked out a stat of 73 different artists made the hottest 100...

they choose approx 40 songs for the triple j hottest 100 CD... number 1 is always on the CD.

i was hoping that 69 and 100 were always on the CD, but they are not, they were last year, but not the year before...

nowadays you can download the whole 100 songs via a torrent somewhere...

but my CD would have...

(fuck can you tell im bored or what???)

1. Muse - Knights of Cydonia
2. Kings of Leon - On Call
3. John Butler - better Than
4. Faker - This Heart Attack

actually this way is just too much for me

so im just going to put down numbers, if you can be assed working it out... go for it

actually you wont... so there is no use...

ch0psy said:
the only song that didnt make it out of my life was klaxons

I was really surprised that this song didn't make it. I didn't vote for it but I would have if I had of been allowed to vote for 11 songs :\

how quickly we forget Freak Show

how fucking GOOD is that album? best fusion of Helmet style metal with 'nu-grunge' ever to have existed. lyrics are fucking shite but you can't deny that Freak Show is brilliant

I wouldn't hate Silverchair so much if they hadn't ever made Frog Stomp and Freakshow, they would have just been a crap band that I never really paid any attention to.

Young Modern did suck copious amounts of penis, however
and yes, i was online when Shayna was listening to the album for the first time
AND SHE HATED IT TOO!

best shirt i have seen in a while was at the gold coast big day out...

"Frogstomp of fuck off"

if only...

preacha said:
Young Modern did suck copious amounts of penis, however
and yes, i was online when Shayna was listening to the album for the first time
AND SHE HATED IT TOO!
^Yes. Yes, it's true. I hated it on the first listen, I'm not going to lie.
However after around 5-6 listens it grew on me, and I could see the genius glowing through. :)

It's just not their most easily accessible albums. And that's OK. :p

Call me crazy,but now that Daniel Johns is no longer with Nat Imbruglia,he might get back to writing angry,angsty rock?

^ or embrace his utter faggotry, ditch Ben Gillies and Chris Joannau and make The Disassociatives a full time project