• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Tried meth last night for the first time.

Jim_Morrison

Greenlighter
Easily the most pleasant and enjoyable high I've ever experienced, the come down was easier to deal with compared to drugs like LSD, MDMA, or MDA. It was nothing like what the media portrays the drug as. Yes, of course, it has the ability to take over peoples lives through addiction, but I wasn't acting that out of the ordinary. What I mean is, I didn't turn into some monster only hungry for more meth...ok maybe a little bit BUT STILL.
When I'm on LSD for example, my appearance can sometimes look like a pale ghost (lol). But on meth I felt more confident in myself, more in-tuned with my surroundings, going off on tangents, crystal clear thought, and a whole lot of dopamine. It was way more low-key and not in your face, I never felt out of control. Granted, I know it was my first time, that's why I'm looking to this forum for tips on how to stay away from it.
After I smoked, everything became more interesting, and I felt more productive (less lazy) than usual. My first thought was "this would be a great study tool"(I'm a college student. 2nd year), but I realize that's a risky road to go down. Everything about the experience is aesthetically pleasing to me for some reason. Lighting under the pipe, hitting that spot, watching the smoke swirl around itself. I never used aderral or anything in high school for academic purposes, I did it off and on in high school at parties. I guess I can briefly state my drug history....
My first "love" was pills; opiates. I started with hydrocodone and then just branched out from there. I abused opiates in high school, and that was back in 2014-2015. I try and stay away from opiates, but if they come my way, I'll definitely take some. Over this past thanksgiving, I smoked heroin. It tasted weird and just made me tired and nauseous. I was high, but it wasn't as powerful as I thought it would be either. I also recently took morphine and all i got from it was stomach cramps. Seems to me that the good ol rox never disappointing.
Anyways, I guess my question is; Can meth be smoked recreationally and responsibly? If so, how many times per month or per three months? Per year? Not looking for exact answers just a ballpark.

When you use a potent drug like cocaine and meth the craving for the drug will only stop after 3 months, I'm not talking about addiction or abstinence I'm talking about desire. Excess dopamine will stop your normal production of dopamine and you will be sad with concentration and memory problems for 1 month or more. When the college exams start you will have two choice to take zero or use meth, you will become addicted. I almost addicted to cocaine because of my addiction to alcohol, I got drunk and lost control and ended the night smelling cocaine, be careful with other vices.

Don't listen to him, he's fear mongering, but as to your question, I wouldn't recommend meth I was a daily user for 2 years, it is very easy to lose control. Is it possible to be responsible, yes, is it likely, not very.

Thanks for the responses guys. I'm not too sure about meth causing memory issues after only a few times of use, but then again I don't know. Probably going to stay away from it... it's just so damn fun though...

After a couple uses no, after a while yeah it destroys your memory.

By the way.... I tried to add you as a friend j want to PM you. I'm still up xD it's been 36 hours, I'm not high anymore I'm just weirdly wired. Opened up a bottle of wine, not a big drinker, but hopefully this will do the trick!

Be careful with the alcohol man, it won't hit you like it usually would.

You won't feel the alcohol quite like you normally would, it is very easy to overdo it.

What is responsible use? That's the first problem. Brain surgeons probably should not use it when planning operations. A retiree drawing a pension can smoke till he dies.

The rest is the age-old thing about, "Sure, very addictive, I've heard, but how much can I do? Where is that thin line between use and abuse for me personally, so I can use right up to the edge all the time and never worry?"

I'm not making fun of you, every drug user wants to know that answer, and many seasoned drug users want to know how they missed it when they crossed it.

So, of course, there's no way to know, and besides even person-to-person mostly made-up differences in addictive natures, there's circumstantial changes in your life. When things are going great, a person may handle a drug habit without problems. Then he gets laid off and his wife dumps him, his weekend beers turn into a fifth a day. Or not, life is full of surprises, and you don't get to find out which one you are until it's happened.

Ok, that was to hide the non-harm reduction personal experience: meth is addictive, for sure. Not the same way as booze or opiates. There is no awful horrendous withdrawal to keep you in a cycle. There are cravings and joneses, psychological trickery that makes you go back, like cigarettes.

Personally I think it's one of the more manageable things out there, but some will vehemently disagree. I smoked daily for nine months, heavily, and quit for a month before someone asked me to mod, and all you terrible druggies sucked me back in. As a former pro-Drunk and 20-year tobacco smoker, I'd put meth below coffee in terms of difficulty quitting. That's personal, like it is for everyone. Don't take that as more than anecdote. Shit, I'd say giving up a snack before bed caused me more anxiety. But then again, maybe I'm lying to myself, because I did relapse after a month.

Pros to smoking as ROA: it will take you a lot longer to increase your habit, since it takes practice. You only have so much lung capacity, limiting doses. It will rot your teeth, the sight of which may make you naturally stop. It requires paraphernalia, limiting the convenience of use. It's the most relaxing of the ROAs--it may be the fastest to your head, but it takes the longest. You will stare into space before you finish a dose that would have already been up your nose.

Or, you may be an industrious tweaker whose inventions actually work, and you rig a device to vaporize meth by the pound for rapid delivery straight to your lungs. Know that it's addictive, and addictions kill people, and their families.

Id Stop while your ahead....
First use:11/9/16
Last time I went a day without it 7/14/17
Last time I felt any euphoria: don't even know anymore, I'm smoking this shit to feel Normal now
I reup on a Ounce every Two Months for personal use 100%.... waste of money , yet i keep on Smoking

I started using in late 2015, just quit in early September, I used 2 g's a day, every day. That's 2 ounces a month, and that was on my low end. I had 2 breaks of 3 days in there, and that was because I was in the hospital. It can start off just as an occasional thing, and turn into an all day everyday.

Hi Jim,now i never did meth myself by the way i thought you talked methadone seeing your first line, but its not so take a good look at the replies from people who did use meth so euphoria gone you will need more meth fast enough, because i doubt if responsible use with this substance is possible atleast i dont know anybody who could so however its a bit older already swing on youtube and see for 'faces of meth' i can tell you this one scared me maybe it does the same to you.

Like one replyer says life is full of surprises often rather unpleasant ones so what's better to deal with feeling bad by smoking or snorting this stuff, but let me throw some numbers i think those give a decent idea about addiction dangers so here it comes.

When you eat a good meal your brain releases about 150 units of dopamine when you have sex this number doubles to close to 300 units of dopamine then doing coke in the form of crack the number roughly is 5-700 units of dopamine opiate use roughly the same, but meth beats them all, because after having used your brain releases 1200 units of dopamine ofcourse for a limited time not at first once addicted you need a dose of meth only to get out of bed and if someone who was addicted to meth ends the badness then feeling normal just normal takes many months to even years and even to never getting into a state called anhedonia this means that normal exciting things out of normal life will seem be unimportant and maybe even boring so to get back at you Jim i wont say you will get addicted only you did stepped into a truly dangerous path.
For example MDMA use in the right dose gives 950% more serotonine, but its obvious that the synapses are squeezed empty, because when mdma was used for a few days then if stopped serotonine had to be build up again giving the user depression until serotonine levels are on level again well with dopamine it goes slower even then use meth for say three days and at day four without meth you will feel weak minimally.

You see meth delivers the strongest feelings of reward until your neurons burn down, because daily use for some time will trigger neurotoxicity also dopamine release largely stops without meth and long enough usage so with damaged neurons dopamine production will restart with big problems and needing a lot of time if ever so if i may give you a little advise if you liked meth, and you did, maybe you could see about other stimulants first who wont turn somebody addicted to meth not into a living corpse.

I think that clip faces of meth tell it's own story and regardless of my curiosity to all kinds of subtances i would pass formeth this makes me think of something happened in Europa namely that its known that Scandinavian people use a lot of amphetamines well years ago meth was introduced there, but guess what most people wanted their dextroamphetamine back the considered meth to be too strong and too risky well that was the first time i heard about addicts turning down a stronger drug, but maybe one reason could have bin that certain people did use it for some time with the obvious results lateron and from there no thanks towards meth,good decision if you ask me.
I say to you Jim dont become like me i am chained to methadone i have a major benzo tolerance i dont know how opiate induced euphoria used to feel, because the only 'buzz'i can trigger is using excessive amounts of methadone, benzos and two more dependencies still at times i can say to myself life was good for me, because i am still a healthy individual at 51 years, but amphs were never my favourites, because however i liked the effects it was good i could only buy from an old speed freak seeing some more experienced speed users, dextro amph, and all were skinny without teeth and looking unhealthy so 30 years ago i decided no speed for you freekie.

There is methyl phenidate(ritalin), wich is much weaker then meth amph ofcourse, but i think you might like the effects from that one and to keep distance between yourself and meth so you must be a clever guy when you can do med school ifi read that correctly so be wise and to answeryour main question NO meth amph cannot be used recreationally sure initially in the often so called honeymoon weeks you get the positive effects this will change the longer you use it so i wish you wisdom and plain good luck. The speed here i dont like five euros buy you a gram of good quality, but i wont forget that immense depression who hit me after i did speed seven nights in a row at the night shift from a factory after three lazy years in jail well at day eight i was expected again only the speed was gone the thought of having to go to work literally made me cry my mum asking what was wrong so swiftly i raced to the heroin dealer and the relief was huge only i am not saying to you like hey jim use gear instead of meth no i try to get across the way i felt thanks to speed let alone would i have used meth amp luckily its not available, because my curiosity comes in knowing meth can be smoked i wonder if that triggers a coke like rush only for much longer that is more or less what i heard and read about.
Best regards, Freek.

oucchh this became much longer then intended excuse me please

Excuse me in the speed of writing with english not my native langauge i need toadd a few words so i stated that meth cannot be used recreationally it can, but if it can be used responsibly let me say about that to have serious doubts about that.
There is no adderal here only ritalin for adhd and dex for 'heavier' cases, but in the US methamph called desoxyn is used for the same reason too, madness if you ask me.

Last edited by a moderator:
They are all very similar, none of them are good for you.

As an experienced IV Methampethamine user who started late 2014 and now only does an eightball (3.5 grams) a month or so by using the parachuting method I can only say it costs me my hygiene back then and also my teeth for example :( so try some Ethylphenidate / Methylphenidate / Cocaine / normal Ampethamines before trying this weird and sometimes crazy shit first ok? :) just IMHO ofcourse :p

-- Peace o/

Here's one of the more comprehensive articles on the neuroscience of Methamphetamine I've ever come across from Dr. Edythe London, a neuropharmacologist at UCLA.

http://neurosciencefundamentals.unsw.wikispaces.net/The+Brain+&+Methamphetamine

adapted_image.jpg

Your brain before Meth~-~-~-~-Your brain after meth
(brighter=gooder brayn)

Credit to Asclepius for originally posting this

Let me clarify a few things from my ringing endorsement earlier, that I was pondering as I slowly worked a bowl last night/this morning.

Meth IS easy to quit. To stay quit, probably not so much. But the real pernicious thing about it, is that your use will just redline automatically. I was thinking about it, with my last little rock, no cash left till March, and how I still only went a day with sensible dosing.

See meth has a half-life of like 12 hours (5-30h according to wikipedia), and just from that you shouldn't dose more than twice a day, and once is best. But everybody hits it again after two hours the first night. The problem is, for those who feel a "euphoric high" (I've never been one, even pre-tolerance), you've just dumped your dopamine load and need time to restore it. So hitting again without a break of a couple days, is pointless if you seek that high.

And, dosing so soon means the previous dose has barely been eliminated, so the drug builds up, quickly reaching a sort of stead-state. This is disastrous in terms of tolerance and addiction. You need to come down between sessions to be efficient.

Knowing all this, telling myself after a long break not to get started with that, went right to it. So "manageable" is pretty relative. It's difficult to manage your doses when unconstrained. It's not difficult to avoid dosing during an eight hour work shift, but maybe that's part of the illusion of control. It' will just expand to occupy all free time, but with a long half-life so you don't start sweating when you need to maybe fly cross country. You say, what, I went nearly a whole day without it!

Thanks for the link Jekyl Anhydride, that's an interesting read. It's important that all the negative propaganda out there is countered with some message of hope for us users, that our brains can repair themselves if we can just get our act together.

Meth is the only hard drug I've ever abused. I still consider myself a recreational user, but I say 'abused' because if I'm honest with myself I recognize it has affected me in subtle ways - nothing life shattering but those minor effects are all negative ones that persist between use.

Meth is insidious because you start out thinking it's the perfect drug. All others paled in comparison for me. The insidious part is that you convince yourself it is doing no harm and is easy to control. My analogy is sex. Your first high is like losing your virginity. There's no negative effects abstaining from sex, but it's really nice so why wouldn't you do it from time to time?

After a certain amount of time, you realize that not being high is a little boring compared to being high, so you do it just a little bit more. What most people don't know when they start using is that although you feel more productive and energetic, meth affects the decision making centres of your brain in a way that makes you more impulsive. Tolerance builds, you start using more and then it starts affecting your sleep. The double whammy is when you start losing sleep, that also effects your impulsiveness to use again. It's a proven technique with gamblers and why they try to keep you up all night in Vegas. And finally, when you use you deplete your dopamine levels. I used to think that addiction was psychologically craving those elevated dopamine levels, but actually it's the reverse. It's your body trying to make up the depleted dopamine levels. So after you've used, you are basically more predisposed to fuck up and use again. This is corroborated by my own experience - the longer I haven't used, the easier it becomes not to use again.

Addiction isn't something you just suddenly fall into unless you're using for the wrong reasons, like coping with depression. But if you opt to keep using over the long term, ask yourself this question down the road: do the things you used to enjoy doing sober start to seem a little bit more boring. If so you're on that path you thought could stay off.

There can be some positives too though. To counteract my use, I eat healthier, I take supplements (some are really important) and I sleep better in between use. But it's a tightrope walk and if you're contemplating incorporating meth into your life, I encourage you to read, read, read!

True, it will somehow take you three times as long to do anything twice as half-ass as it once did. (I made that up just now, mildly amused. Somehow though, wordplay just doesn't have that elan a little methamphetamine brings to your day.)

I double-checked the OP just now--cause all the meth smoking threads just blur together--and confirmed you were specific about smoking, Jim. And I didn't point out that, despite my endorsement as an ROA, it's pretty moot. You will break your pipe at some point and start snorting. And eating. The crumbs will eventually go up your butthole. You'll want to check your habit there, as the final stop, before IV. At which point you can evaluate how well you checked your habit at smoking twice a month.

I'm an electrician an when I used to be in the field a lot we'd refer to tweakers as "working in circles", spending 10 mins getting a wire nut to the perfect amount of torque and stripping wires absolutely identical within mm's or do it all over. But in their head they thought that it was entirely worth it to obsess on the tiniest things. Observing it while stone cold sober makes for a better perspective.

If you liked that link you should look into addiction circuitry of the brain with reinforcing things like Delta FosB to DNA to c-Fos, all changes that effect addiction and behavioral responses. Once the Honeymoon phase is over with Meth it can turn on you. For some it's meh, and others it's everything.

I like your idea of supplements and exercise and concur with read, read, read. Best of Luck to You Aura..