Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Trend towards speed in rock form rather than powder

drug_mentor

Bluelight Crew
This year I have noticed that everytime I have scored speed (with the exception of one time) it has came in rock form instead of powder. This has been accompanied by a marked rise in quality and slight increase in price.
Last year and prior I only encountered speed in rock form a handful of times and the rest was powder.
The rocks also tend to have a fairly strong smell to them but not always, whereas the powder rarely had any smell and if it did it was faint.
The rocks ALWAYS smoke well, the powder often didn't fare too well in the old crackie.
Also I tend to think the rocks burn less when you powderise and snort them than the already powdered shit did, maybe this is just my nose getting even more used to it though?
BTW I'm in SE suburbs of melbourne.
I'm curious of two things, has anybody else here noticed a similar trend?
And could someone in the know tell me what the difference between rock and powder speed is? I always assume rock is less likely to be cut and I know most powdered shit is stepped on base, so what is done in between base and ice to come up with these rocks? Also how easy is it to crush, cut and re-rock speed and how do dodgy pricks generally go about ripping us off in this way?

The speed you’re getting in 'rock' form is most likely base methamphetamine. Base has a varied texture ranging from a gluggly liquid to solid rock depending on how it is made. It's always been around in the Sydney area, and is just as common as speed in the powdered form. The powdered form stuff you use to get is most likely base 'cut' with glucose (usually that’s what it’s cut with up here) in a ratio between 2:1 to 4:1 or something similar, to make it easier for snorting.

Base meth has a quality ranging from 20% to 40% usually (someone, please correct me if I’m wrong on this), therefore the stuff you're getting in the powder form is probably between 4% to 13% meth based upon the above ratios :)

My experience with rocks hasn't been that great, quality is about the same as speed. Being a junkie I licked the residue off the spoon, had a strange metallic taste to it that lingered in my mouth for hours. The other weird thing I found that I didn't get that unmistakable meth taste you normally get a couple of secs after slamming and no real rush. Its definitely meant for smoking. Only had it a few times though.

sparrow I don't think was talking about the freebase rather the slang for the gooy meth that has solvent left over.

Honest question here though, does anyone know if Meth ever floats around as the Sulphate salt?

[EDIT: Removed reply to person who has been given a holiday. hoptis]

Last edited by a moderator:
Back 10 years ago 'in the day' rock was all you could purchase. It was way before ice and was completely unrelated. It shites hands down all over the wet rubbish you get today. If it is coming back into 'fashoin' (and not being meth) I would welcome it.

Please remember kiddies that the 'wet' stuff you get today is so because in all reality it is an unfinished product and weighs more that way..... meaning you pay more for less.... you didnt think the dealers were out to 'help you out' now did you?

rogan said:
My experience with rocks hasn't been that great, quality is about the same as speed. Being a junkie I licked the residue off the spoon, had a strange metallic taste to it that lingered in my mouth for hours. The other weird thing I found that I didn't get that unmistakable meth taste you normally get a couple of secs after slamming and no real rush. Its definitely meant for smoking. Only had it a few times though.

lol metallic taste was probably ya spoon. haha.

lol, I remember a friend of mine years ago summed it up perfectly "mate, I been banging H & speed for 20 years, seen it all, when it comes to gear, there's two distinct flavours, ya see, you've got your good gear and you've got your shit gear"

haha. That's it. rock, powder, crystal, paste, whatever. Tis either good or bad. And as rogan here would understand, when you slam it, you know in about 10 seconds which one of the two you've scored. And that's fkn it. I've had awesome crystal, awesome powder, awesome rock, etc etc etc.

in saying that, i guess if you're smoking, then you'd be taking 'smokability' into consideration as well.

mrephedrine69 said:
Back 10 years ago 'in the day' rock was all you could purchase. It was way before ice and was completely unrelated. It shites hands down all over the wet rubbish you get today. If it is coming back into 'fashoin' (and not being meth) I would welcome it.

Please remember kiddies that the 'wet' stuff you get today is so because in all reality it is an unfinished product and weighs more that way..... meaning you pay more for less.... you didnt think the dealers were out to 'help you out' now did you?

Really? are you serious? rock that wasnt meth? that must be crack cocaine? 4-MAR? what are you talking about? 'Base' 'Speed' 'Whippa' 'Go' 'Methamphetamine' 'rock' 'crystal' ice' are all the same thing methamphetamine hcl. So if its not meth what pray tell is it? Amphetamine?

My nanna can't tell an amphetamine from a methamphetamine!

I have never seen rocks, only heard about it. Its a shame actually because id like to try some rock stuff, ive only ever had base, powder(never again) and shards.

I have been looking a bit into how meth is made to find answers on these rocks. It seems when the drug is formed from a liquid quickly it forms a 'precipitate' with more impurities than if it is slowly and properly allowed to crystalize. Presumably this impure precipitate is what these rocks are. That leads me to the question then, how the fuck does one get base? is that from not evaporating the solvents at all or thickening the solution to a gunk somehow instead of actually forming a salt?
Forvive me mods if this is bordering on synth discusson but let me make it clear I don't want instructions on how to cook or anything just a rough idea of what level of refinement each form of the drug has had. cheers.

^ You're treading a fine line there.

In my experience, the stuff my dealer called base was never actually freebase meth; it was just meth that was cut to shit with other stuff.

Actual freebase would be an oil.

i wish i could say the same.
but i've scored speed several times
and only once was it in rock form. a nice browny coloured rock. was rather good

then you compare it to the stuff my housemate brought home on fri night / sat morning.
i had 3 points in the space of 5 minutes.
got bugger all from it.

it was so heavily cut with bicarb. it was terrible. felt like it would've been lucky to have been 20% speed + 80% bicarb. i got a few taps and didnt have an appetite.

at least with rocks, they're usually a lot less diluted.

and with what mr blonde said.
i used to get base off my old dealer before things went bad for him and as a result hes now clean and out of the game.

even that stuff was semi-diluted.
but it was so oily. and browny red in colour. even adding a few points of bicarb to a gram or 2, and refrigerating overnight wasnt enough to turn it into snortable powder.

then theres this white meth paste i got earlier in the year. first few times it was good and strong.
but they seemed to get greedy. and the last time i got any of it, they'd cut it with 3 different cutters, and still claimed it was base.

for the most part, speed dealers are dodgy.
it's too easy to cut.
be careful.

I find anything that isn't clear and crystalline is likely to be cut to hell and back. Of course you come across the occasional nice batch, but it's not worth wasting time with all the crap.

Yeah, I fucking hate cut up gear. About a month ago a few mates of mine scored a gram of wizzer, smoked the lot between 3 people and all they got was a headache. I don't really score speed from non trusted sources, so I pretty much always get the goods, but honestly these days if some cunt I didn't have a fair bit of trust for tried offering me powder speed I'd probably refuse it unless they were willing to drop price.
How difficult is it for one to cut down rocks, step on them then re-rock it? I think I have heard of this being done with cocaine (only brief reference on bluelight lol) but I don't know if something about coke makes this more practical or if I'm even tripping that I read that lol. Anyone able to enlighten me?