• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Treatment Services (including 12-step) Helplines & Meds info - Please Add To Our List

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ Great! Thankyou for finding those. When I get a chance I'll go through and write up an explanation of what they all are, and start adding everything into the first couple of posts so that it's all consolidated at the start.

[edit zophen]Local D & A clinics is what they are! I was a bit fuct when I was doing it LOL!

Last edited by a moderator:
^ I just added them as a link to your original post instead. :)

(they're in a post further up the thread)

Looking for AA/NA meetings in your area ? (Pennsylvania, USA)

Search by zip code or town here:

www.sobrietyonline.com

Also has lists of treatment centers in PA. I can personally reccommend Mirmount, and have heard good things about Keystone and Mal Vern. Mal Vern's IOP is VERY good. Stay away from Livengrin if at all possible.

[edited to include link]

Last edited by a moderator:
Just like to promote a fantastic online counselling service, available 24 / 7 within Australia. They're manned by qualified psychologists. I was amazed at the help and expertise offered to me by this service:

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED TO ALL IN AUSTRALIA SEEKING COUNSELLING OR HELP:

[email protected]

Good luck all

Isis X

UK harm reduction/needle exchange information.

www.exchangesupplies.org

Needle exchange supplies, drug information (including info on opiate dependence, info on rehab/injecting/detox) and relevant conference details. They have lots of publications and handbooks on order (and all on 100% recycled paper! :D )

Treatment Services Etc.

if you are living in bayside area I can highly recommend Peninsula Community Mental Health Service=15-17 Davey Street, Frankston, 3199. Phone number(03)97846999. 24hrs service PSYCHIATRIC TRIAGE 1300792977. I have a lot of faith in them,so much so, that I am giving them a mention in my will. I hope this service stays this way. The case manager and councilor, psychiatrist,psychologist,and the workers in general are compassionate, understanding, and very helpful. pity I didn't find this help sooner.
At the Alfred hospital the C.A.T.S TEAM- PHONE 1300363746.(24HRS)
Rural Victoria (03)92762357
for some maybe:- Waiora Community Mental Health= Orrong Road Armadale, Phone number-(03)95084700.
I don't know if Compassionate Friends can be of any use to any one on this site,but they help people who are grieving, for a sibling.The address is 267Canterbury Road. Canterbury_ Melway ref. 46 e11. Phone(03)98884944 is a 24hr grief support number free call 1800641091.That's all I can think of for the moment, I hope it will be of some help to some body out there. and that I would like to think I have at least saved someone's life., or given some one the incentive to get help or find someone to talk to, I won't forget to mention to pour your heart out to your friends here TDS.

METHADONE

The road to recovery from opiate addiction is a difficult one. Choosing a methadone treatment clinic for yourself or a loved one can be a critical step on that path, and it is a step with which we can help. The Methadone Treatment Centers contains over 10,000 treatment centers nationwide, provides individuals with free referrals and offers the public the ability to locate alcohol and drug rehab centers across the United States.
Methadone Treatment Center Directory [USA]

Last edited:
Manchester UK

Lifeline is a fantastic drug agency started in Manchester in 1971. I have dealt with these people on many occasions and I can guarantee that they are the single best resource for people with any aspect of drugs problems.

Just a sample of what I am gathering for my new approach with my crisis response time. I am gathering more information and getting some links for free training, if any of you what to do it with me, and get some plan on what to do in this situation. Time is crucial, I promise. Just look over these links, and I noticed that these links are from America, but they were and are fantastic to read. Very enlightening indeed.

http://www.suicidology.org/associati...s/GoodCopy.pdf

Page 11 Guidelines to focus on.

http://suicidehotlines.com/

Hotlines to use 24 hours a day 7 days a week in America.

http://suicide.com/suicidecrisiscent...ttoexpect.html

What to expect when you call.

http://suicide.com/suicidecrisiscenter/incrisis.html

word of comfort to the person in dander of hurting themselves.

Great free on line training in these situations.

http://www.ncspt.org/

This is something that I am wanting to do, and in no way associates with BL. This is personal.

Last edited:
Great thread. I am very pleased, thanks Sushii, and Zophen, and all the other DSers involved. I think you are a great asset and we are getting a step a head on our awareness. With this said I hope we all take advantage. Time is crucial.

US

by state - buprenorphine physician and treatment program locations:
http://buprenorphine.samhsa.gov/pls/bwns_locator/abusedirectors

bupe locator for US (unsure if already listed)
http://buprenorphine.samhsa.gov/bwns_locator/dr_search.htm

Northeast US
MA
Addiction Treatment Center of New England - Brighton - (617) 254-1271

Baystate Medical Center - ADS Carlson Recovery Center - Springfield - (413) 794-3971

Bay Cove Human Services Bridge to Recovery Detox - Quincy - (617) 471-9600x243

Community Healthlink Inc. Detox Programs - Worcester - (508) 860-1000

CT
Natchaug Hospital - Mansfield Center - (860) 456-1311 • 1-800-426-7792

CT Renaissance - Norwalk, Stamford, Bridgeport, Hartford - (203) 866-2541 (check website for specific location #s)

Community Health Services - Hartford - (860) 249-9625

Wheeler Clinic - Hartford, Plainville - (860) 523-9788

...will add more when I have time.

As far as drug treatment is concerned I would recommend a program run by Baldwin Research Institute.

It is an alternative to 12 step treatment, and statistically it works much better. Instead of telling one they are powerless over addiction, this program teaches people to gain control over their substance abuse and teaches them more of how to be a happy and successful person. The program does not focus on drugs and alcohol as much as on how to overcome the hardships which created the addictions in the first place.

they believe that under no circumstances is an addict 'always' an addict.

I was a counselor for them for about 3 years after going through myself.

it saved my life.

it touts the highest success rate in the country.

I currently drink alcohol on occasion, but I am successful because I am happy and have a good life now.

a far cry from being a bottomed out heroin addict and crack head who was addicted to just about everything else at some point. in and out of jail, etc...

http://soberforever.org

Last edited:
a half-arsed effort for the moment ;)

sushii said:
University counselling services

I'm not home atm and don't have as much info in memory as I'd like, but anyhow:

Swinburne Uni/TAFE (Vic): Counselling (with a qualified psychologist) is both available and (in my experience, which was in 2004/5, so I could be wrong here!) very good. The service is based at the Hawthorn/Glenferrie campus, but is available on certain days at all the others AFAIK.

I was studying nursing at the time with the goal of becoming a psychiatric nurse - I figured that with all the shit I've been through it would be a good choice.. problem was (still is, really!) that I'm an alcoholic and was 'active' at the time.. let's just say that turning up for the 7am shift out on hospital placements after finishing off 20+ drinks at 1am didn't work out too well.. plus my psych symptoms were shitful at the time, funnily enough.. so here's a loony alcoholic who wants to nurse psych patients.. wouldn't be the first time if I'd made it through ;)

Initially the service was brilliant, was seeing the same (very good) guy twice a week. Given that psychologists cost a f'n fortune and weren't covered by medicare at the time, free sessions were great. Too great, in their mind, cos they ended up deciding to set a limit (4-5 sessions per semester from memory) for each student. I don't know what the deal is now, as I mentioned.

Here's the link for student services - this page also includes a link to what I've explained below: http://www.swinburne.edu.au/stuserv/

Also, if you're reading this and are currently enrolled/starting next year in tertiary/further education, take it from a pro first year student (6 years worth across two universities and 3 different majors... and that's not counting the 2 attempts at div 2 nursing (TAFE) ;) ) that if you have _any_ psychiatric diagnoses, get in touch and register with your campus's "disability liason service" or similar. You'll likely need some form of documentation (letter from psych etc) to 'prove' your condition, but it's worth it - having DLS onside can be a mental (and potentially literal!) lifesaver if/when you find yourself staring 5 essays all due this week that you haven't started in the face.. lecturers become remarkably accomodating with extensions/special consideration applications etc the minute they hear 'disability support'!

Finally, as part of the nursing studies I mentioned I compiled a research report on the mental health services available in my area (southern suburbs of Melb) and got 100% for it.. I'll try to dig it up and post it if anyone local is interested.

Cheers,

Tom.

Ishtar_Isis said:
Just like to promote a fantastic online counselling service, available 24 / 7 within Australia. They're manned by qualified psychologists. I was amazed at the help and expertise offered to me by this service:

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED TO ALL IN AUSTRALIA SEEKING COUNSELLING OR HELP:

[email protected]

Good luck all

Isis X

I think the following is the resource you're trying to link to:

http://www.counsellingonline.org.au/en/

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.