• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Treatment for ADHD and Anxiety

KnowledgeGainer

Greenlighter
Hey y’all! Long time casual lurker of BL here, first time poster—

I was diagnosed with “Undiagnosed anxiety disorder” and ADHD combined presentation back in 2017 under the care of a 1.7 star rated psych/therapy organization after telling my therapist about how productive and clear I was when I had taken the adderall my ADHD and BD1 mom gave me. However, the psychiatrist was not happy about my previous illegal stimulant use and prescribed me Wellbutrin then methylphenidate... after my mom died (pity prescription?).
I was prescribed strattera after revealing that I had gotten my second marijuana possession charge.

I am seeing a new out-of-pocket psych for treating my ADHD on the 25th. Should I tell them about my marijuana charges resulting in medication change?? I don’t want them to get my previous records from the other psych/therapist due to the bad experience I had with them knowing about my illegal use of adderall. I have a copy of the letter stating the ADHD diagnosis from the previous psych.
I’d also like to have a downer or something that will help me relax during the comedown.
Any suggestions that won’t scream “drug seeker?”

I’m sorry about the word vomit. I’m a new mom and untreated currently, so I’m literally all over the place. 😩
Thank you for your help!! I’ve loved reading through all the stories and advice on here. Truly a progressive and big hearted bunch of babes you are!!

It's not really fair for psychiatrists to judge their patients in my opinion. Of course someone with an underlying condition will probably try something here or there to see if it helps before immediately seeking a script for it? Lol, just my opinion. Almost everyone I know has tried adderall without a script in the past...

But anyway--I don't know if the marijuana charge would help your case especially with this psychiatrist. They don't need to know everything about you unless it's related to your conditions. Although, marijuana does have some chateristics that seems promising for ADHD. It's really up to you. I think that the come-down is inevitable. Stimulants are honest--you reap what you sow. Many people use benzos for the comedown.. but you know where that leads. I think marijuana helps the comedown but I am not sure about your location and whether marijuana would show up on a test or not.

I do not like when psychiatrists judge their patients. It encourages us to not be honest with them and ultimately creates a disconnect that makes us so much harder to treat. This is a huge problem in my opinion specifically with the U.S. There's a reason few people want to be honest with their doctors anymore.

If you're taking the meds as directed, and daily, any comedown effects should be miniscule.
Benzos are best saved for emergencies, and/or if youre quitting the amphs altogether. Benzos are sneaky and you can find yourself addicted very fast when taken to counter a comedown.

ok so any suggestions as to still have them treat me for their diagnosis without bringing the other psych/therapists records into the equation?

You might benefit from extended release adderall actually.

It's quite less severe for the crash and better for what it does :)

Thanks GMOOT C
If the addy is suggested, I was going to request an XR due to the concerta lasting all day vs Ritalin having to be redosed throughout the day.