• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Trazodone

Brainfucked

Bluelighter
I was a daily weed smoker but stopped when I started trazodone. I have been trying to reduce my dose so I can come off it. But finding it difficult to cut down any more. With previous experience, weed would help me cut down faster so I can stop taking trazodone. What are other people’s opinions?
Thank you

No offense but that sounds like a fast track to daily smoking weed again. Idk if thats good or bad i mean i have worse daily habits.

Are you trying to quit both? Find a replacement that helps you through it. I could reccomend mirtazapine because it has no withdrawl effects.

If you use trazodone for sleep mirtazipine works just as well, better for anxiety and depression imp. And less side effects when you come off.

I only stopped smoking so I could feel the full effect of trazodone. I think it’s best trying new medication with a fresh mind so you can see what it really does instead of covering anything up. I have no plans of stopping weed long term it helps me massively. But I still have low sex drive with or without weed so need to find something that will help. I’m going to try TRT next.

That is an excellent protocol and I do not know why people testing how drugs work are not more careful and think that the effects of cannabis will not screw up their data. Trazadone can help with low sex drive in theory as can impact serotonin levels to the extent that it has a side effect at the other end of priapism. Trazadone has some anticholinergic effects though I don't know if they are enough and similar enough to produce a burst of horniness like dicycloverine or trihexyphenidyl. Oxycodone, alone or in combinations, is the love drug sworn to by some. I would have liked to have had two doses of MDA when I tried it last so I could combine it with oxy or Dilaudid or Vilan and carpe diem.

If it is an all-consuming omnipresent issue, there could be an endocrine component to the whole thing; lots of drugs can cause one degree or another of change to hormone levels, but the two men I have heard of who grew tits and required reduction thereof for the sake of their skeletal health were very heavy pot smokers.

Last edited: