• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Trazodone and opioids interactions

Benzopiates

Bluelighter
I gave the search option a try but I can't find a clean answer on this, I get tons of results because my terms are too wide anyway... It should be pretty simple...

My dealer gave me 2 extra pills when he sold me heroin last time, and said to take them to potentiate the heroin, I didn't use it at that time but I've been having them around for a while and I'm intrigued in knowing what effect it would have... I asked him the name of it and he said to me Trazodone.

So my question is : What is the interaction between Trazodone and opioids, does it potentiate them? Should I use it to potentiate lets say, a 2mg IV Dilaudid shot?

trazadone will kill your high IMO. it's a nasty antidepressent they use as a sleeping pill these days. take a couple benedryl, maybe a promethazine pill, or vistaril. more dangerous potentiation can be had via benzos but this isn't recommended in terms of harm reduction.

I wouldn't bother with the trazodone. It has a pretty nasty side effect profile, and has an even nastier drug, mCPP, as an active metabolite.

that's sketch.
it is a pharmaceutical pill right?
use a pill id site.
if it is trazodone do NOT even bother taking it

Yes I tried to use pill ID site but they dont work for me

the pill is ROUND, WHITE, with one side BLANK and the other side written

PRO
___
T100

on it.

I'm pretty sure its trazodone but why would the guy give me this telling me to use it to potentiate heroin if it kills the buzz, that would be ridiculous right? Even if its not perfectly appropriate, for him to give me that he must have gotten the info from somewhere that it helped in some kind of way right?

As has been said before, we don't do pill IDs here.

If you can't find it on a pill ID site, did you try Google?

And no, never trust drug dealers. That's one of the first things to learn about drugs. A lot of times they will try and get rid of random pills by telling people it will "enhance" the high of another drug. A lot of times, even the dealer doesn't know what the drug is.

If you can't figure out what the pills are, don't take them.

I gave the search option a try but I can't find a clean answer on this, I get tons of results because my terms are too wide anyway... It should be pretty simple...

My dealer gave me 2 extra pills when he sold me heroin last time, and said to take them to potentiate the heroin, I didn't use it at that time but I've been having them around for a while and I'm intrigued in knowing what effect it would have... I asked him the name of it and he said to me Trazodone.

So my question is : What is the interaction between Trazodone and opioids, does it potentiate them? Should I use it to potentiate lets say, a 2mg IV Dilaudid shot?

Speaking of the search engine, you should put the actual topic of the thread in the title of threads you make so that in the future people with the same question can find the thread. That and you will get more responses from people that have experience with the topic, whereas people tend to skip over threads with vague titles like this.

Yes I tried to use pill ID site but they dont work for me

the pill is ROUND, WHITE, with one side BLANK and the other side written

PRO
___
T100

on it.

I'm pretty sure its trazodone but why would the guy give me this telling me to use it to potentiate heroin if it kills the buzz, that would be ridiculous right? Even if its not perfectly appropriate, for him to give me that he must have gotten the info from somewhere that it helped in some kind of way right?

The pill would increase sedation, but do nothing for euphoria except for probably dull it. Personally I would never take trazadone with an opiate, since it kinda locks my mind so I can't think as much, so it's harder for my brain to achieve euphoria since it has to fight against the brain numbing caused by the trazadone.

Im renaming this to something the search engines will be able to pick up on in the future.

Skip the trazodone as it's been said it's a highly lame drug also very sedating. It's a strong CNS depressant which is not recommended in combination with opioids unless directed to do so by your doctor.

I would also like to mention that I (and most other people that I know that have used it) got a very bad 'hangover' from trazodone. I felt very dehydrated, had a headache, and found it very hard to think and concentrate. That's definitely not something that I would want to deal with, especially the day after doing any other drugs.

Trazadone is icky. I was actually prescribed it for awhile as a sleep aid- (I also had intense nightmares and some other stuff going on) but it was worthless. Didn't help me sleep, and zero recreational value. I still have the whole bottle laying around somewhere (that tells you something right there) and if it ever turns up its going straight into the garbage.

swim has taken iv trazadone to potentiate iv methadone and I will tell you how the experience was for swim. Swim says it did potentiate it a little bit and it does have some sedation effects. As far as hangovers and trazadone being a so called "icky" drug, swim did not experience anything like that. Swim does not believe that most of the posts above are completely acurate. Hope that helps.

We don't use SWIM and injecting a tetracyclic antidepressant, i.e. trazodone and methadone is extremely bad for your veins and can lead to amputation and talcosis etc. Never ever do it!
I hope you used a micron filter

I agree with the first poster, just take some diphenhydramine. Stay away from trazodone.