• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin transition to my prescription

It's not the end of the world man. Your drug habit wasn't built in a day and won't end in a day either. The important thing is to pick back up where you left off and keep fighting the good fight. Think of it this way, you've only used a 1/4 g in the last few weeks. That's not bad, just keep on keeping on. No need to be despondent and certainly no one on here is going to judge you harshly for it. Call your wife if need be but don't give up. You've already put a lot of work in and come pretty far. Check back in with us tomorrow and keep your chin up.

Guys I fucked up I was drinking and gave into the mental urge smoked bout a quarter of H I'm so ashamed I'll never do it again please tell me I havent screwed myself

I don't deserve to be alive I can't fucking believe I done that I'm Guna go on as I have been just GABA and valium.....I'm sorry and don't blame any of u if u never talk to meet again

Guys what have I done how cud I be so weak I miss my wife am in tears how cud I have done that no NO how was I so stupid

Hey bro...

That a shame but as Jekyl says it's not the end of the world . You're addicted to opiates and getting clean almost inevitably involves slip ups. If it were that easy to just stay off then no one would ever be addicted in the first place...

Don't beat yourself up over it too much, were all still here for you dude.

I agree with the previous replies, and to anyone on the kick/relapse/kick/... cycle, I would say one thing: keep trying, because you can't know in advance which kick is the one that will stick. I've been through this many many times, and somehow the last time I kicked it worked, and I've been off H for years now, to the extent that I'm ready to try chipping again! (Ha ha that's a joke, son).

Peace,
Miles

I'm in work just taking GABA and valium and feel no withdrawal form my slip....is it coming? Normally I'd feel it start but I don't feel anything.....thanks for the support guys I really suffered to get this far I worked a whole week of 9 hour shifts in a steel yard in full withdrawal from over g a day h habit and over 60mg hydrompcontin crushed and snorted....I jumped off cold turkey basically so believe me I fucking suffered....so far so good today thx again guys

That's the spirit! Now don't be surprised if you have a couple days where you feel a little off, but by no means are you back at the base of the mountain.

No withdrawal at all I think I've beaten the beast! So fucking proud guys

Excellent man!

I know where you are coming from, seriously... I was on prescribed opiates for several years for a combination of wounds and a type of reactive arthritis and I tried so many times to quit only to start again as soon as a prescription got refilled...each time I swore that was it but it never was. A combination of untreated depression and PTSD made sure I kept going back ...until one day as @Miles323 said, one kick turns into your last one and there's no way of knowing which one that will be....until it happens, then you're finally free.

It csnt be overstated how much a benzo and Pregabalin or Gabapentin help negate the worst of withdrawls. It frustrates me a little when people recommend using another opiate like kratom, loperamide or buprenorphine as a "comfort med" (not talking about replacement therapy here...just using it haphazardly) during acute withdrawl, telling people it will help releive symptoms.....if course it will help short term but only because it's another opioid.... If you want to get off opioids for good then you've got to actually stop taking opioids...you'd think that would be a no-brainer. This is where pregab/gaba and a benzo are so usefully...they reduce the pain to a level that lets you just "get through it" until the withdrawls have passed...

Congrats man, you've done great!

That's the spirit! Now don't be surprised if you have a couple days where you feel a little off, but by no means are you back at the base of the mountain.

This too...

It is possible to do this believe it or not I had two years at one point and I was on fentanyl prescribed and I was booting and now I?m sober just starting up with the bs again tho I miss the dope so much yo

It is possible to do this believe it or not I had two years at one point and I was on fentanyl prescribed and I was booting and now I?m sober just starting up with the bs again tho I miss the dope so much yo

Welcome to Bluelight and enjoy your stay, Leah!
I miss dope frequently as well,
Love dear friend,
Tez