• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Transdermal Fentanyl 12/MCG hours, best way to recreationally use ?

tokyochilling

Greenlighter
Swim has aquired these transdermal patches, and have heard some weird stories, from chewing on em, all the way to smoking em,(Smoking plastic ?)
one of these patches contains 1,38 mg (not microgram/UG), how does swim best use these recreationally ? swim has been chewing on 1/4 of a patch while wearing 1 and a half patch on swims skin,
They are 12/microg every hour incase that helps, swim is also current on 2mg of clonazepam, and is enjoying a strong beer.
Thanks in advance
-Tokyochilling

Swim has aquired these transdermal patches, and have heard some weird stories, from chewing on em, all the way to smoking em,(Smoking plastic ?)
one of these patches contains 1,38 mg (not microgram/UG), how does swim best use these recreationally ? swim has been chewing on 1/4 of a patch while wearing 1 and a half patch on swims skin,
They are 12/microg every hour incase that helps, swim is also current on 2mg of clonazepam, and is enjoying a strong beer.
Thanks in advance
-Tokyochilling
We don’t use swim. It’s cool. We know it’s you.

Have you experience with opioids? If this is your first foray into them then remove patch and stop chewing immediately. You’re in dangerous territory.

Combining any opioid with benzos is highly dangerous, combining them with alcohol as well is just asking for trouble. Please do not do this. You will pass out and it’s highly likely you could stop breathing. If no one else is around you’re risking your life.

how does swim best use these recreationally ? swim has been chewing on 1/4 of a patch while wearing 1 and a half patch on swims skin

I've tried patches once, I done exactly that, a quarter chewed and rest on my arm, it takes a while to work though, make sure you have a tolerance if you don't fent is dangerous and the smoking is for a different kind of patch where you peel the backing off and scrape jel off it and smoke the gel on foil I think though so don't try that, you'll just burn your patch, I didn't like the high though I was gouched out a bit but my brain was still on the go, it didn't chill me out so not bothered trying fent afain

And we don't use the term SWIM here

Thank god we dont use swim anymore, i am on a daily dose of 6mg subutex, so whenever i do choose to do opioids i'll plan it 72 hours in advance, not do my medicine for 72 hours, and then start using, i'll usually aquire 10 x20mg methadone to start off with and keep me from getting sick, while i aquire my opiate of choice, i have a really high tolerance from the methadone and am also aware that benzos, alcohol, and opiates are a really bad idea, i try to limit it, and i have naloxone laying right infront of me, i live with a relative, and if i am doing a high dose or otherwise feel at risk of overdosing, i'll let him know im using, so if im about to iv heroin, no matter the dose, i will tell them "hey, please check on me in 5 minutes to make sure im ok".
while waiting for replies i got 0.6 of cocaine, and have done about 100-200mg by now, but the question still lingers, whats the best way to use them recreationally ? and how do i make sure i do it safely ? currently have 2/4 of a patch laying in my mouth, hoping it will just get absorbed through my mouth, do i have to chew it ?
Thanx in advance everyone, and especially a huge thanks for showing that you care about my health, and reminding me of how bad of a combo i actually am on, its nice to know someone cares.

I wouldn't do uppers and downers at the same time tbh as your heart is getting pulled in both directions, yeah benzos after coke to go to sleep or wind down ain't to bad, but doing coke and fent at same time is asking for trouble, you should choose one or the other, I don't know if it's a regular thing you do, but I know it's bad for your heart, you might be okay, but then again one day you might not, no offence, I'm just trying to help

i have decided to remove all fent patches for now, since i plan on possibly iv'ing some cocaine later (all clean gear, no worries), for sleep i might do 10mg methadone. that pulling ur heart in both directions really hit hard, since i think i've been having a bit of heart problems lately, no more fent for me tonight, i'll do some lines and smash some n00bs on naruto.

Yeah, fucking hell!

Doing uppers and downers is a really bad idea. Fent and coke. I’m a bit lost for words. Please think of your health. I don’t know you personally but I do care about you. Don’t use both together, choose one or the other.

Fent is a shit opioid tbh, it’s not worth your time. Methadone will give you way more euphoria than fent ever will even with tolerance.

I’d really advise you get a check up for the heart. If you’re worried then it’s worth getting it checked out. Heart issues and coke are a bad mix. You know this anyway.

Please be safe tonight, get your relative to check on you if you’re going to IV coke. Let us know you’re ok tomorrow.

i went to the doctor recently and had a blood test taken, hopefully if theres anything seriously wrong with my heart they would be able to tell through the blood, but im no doctor. now im not quite sure what to do with these patches, i got a good deal, but fuck i know this stuff is dangerous, i expected it to be more euphoric than methadone but guess i was wrong, if someone who had no real opioid tolerance(has tried opioids, but doesn't do it regularly), what would a safe dose be for a fent patch ? im thinking 1/4 of a 12/microg/h, but i really have no idea.
glad to see blueligt is still up and running, you guys taught me alot of stuff throughout the years and if it weren't for this site i might've ended up dead, when i first started doing drugs i made this promise to myself "before i ever do a drug, i'll do extensive research on it", so i've done that with every drug i've done.
Alot of young people i run into who do drugs really dont know that much about them, and it scares me. i've been thinking about handing out flyer with the "drug periodic table" on em, because i feel like its easy work, but helps alot.
Do you guys think google censoring forums like bluelight from search results has had an impact on young people drug use, and knowledge about how to do it safely these days ?

Fent is a shit opioid tbh, it’s not worth your time. Methadone will give you way more euphoria than fent ever will even with tolerance.

I agree

And OP, I know how good speedballs feel but I agree with everyone else. At the very least do the cocaine first and then use opioids for the comedown. Speedballs introduce a risk of sudden fatal cardiac events.

Fent and its analogues are so potent but it doesn't have that same opiate warmth and euphoria. You'll nod, but it feels more like a nap and is not euphoric.

Do you guys think google censoring forums like bluelight from search results has had an impact on young people drug use, and knowledge about how to do it safely these days ?

Absolutely. Kids don't go to drug forums or erowid anymore. They go to reddit and social media which is not moderated in any way and ends up being 16 year old kids giving advice to 15 year old kids about drugs. It's horrible and accurate harm reduction has taken a back seat. I've seen so many stories about social media "challenges" like drinking 2 bottles of DPH and it's killing teens who take it seriously.

It's the worst time to censor drug information since RCs became so prevalent 10 years ago. When I was a kid there was no such thing as "fake LSD" that could kill you. It's more dangerous these days.

Last edited:
if someone who had no real opioid tolerance(has tried opioids, but doesn't do it regularly), what would a safe dose be for a fent patch ? im thinking 1/4 of a 12/microg/h, but i really have no idea

I wouldn't like to say, I'd suggest they do a milder opioid instead of fent because everyone is different, some people have a naturally high tolerance and others can feel codeine as a high, I can't I can feel it as a painkiller and only with paracetamol, it's strange, pure codeine does nothing for me, but that's because I don't have the enzyme to break it down into morphine, but for people that do I'd say start on codeine, or DHC, not fent because it's got such a tiny OD limit

SWIMBTIMJLY knows a little bit about these patches!

Unless the OP has gotten his hands on some REALLY old stock: they cannot be gel patches (they simply don't make them anymore). And if this indeed be the case: they would have expired years ago anyway (although that's no guarantee that the Fentanyl has degraded to the point where said patches are now benign).

Fortunately the OP knows the difference between mg and µg (the latter sometimes erroneously abbreviated to mcg) and realizes that the total amount of Fentanyl in a patch is measured in mg as opposed to µg. What the OP may not know is that the LD50 in humans, assuming little to no tolerance, is 2mg. In other words: 2mg of pure pharmaceutical Fentanyl (which is what you're dealing with) is enough to kill 50% of test subjects (average humans) (whatever that means). So let that sink in for a minute. This if said 2mg is administered all at once and route of administration dependent (affects bioavailability). But read on i.e. it gets better and more fun as we go along.

Be careful applying multiple patches to the skin and then still using more via different routes of administration. It takes anywhere between 24 - 72 hours for serum concentrations of Fentanyl to reach a peak (when using the patches as directed i.e. applied to the skin). And the Fentanyl doesn't simply disappear into the ether and as if by magic once you remove the patches (removing them isn't an off switch). Point being: it's easy to reach dangerous levels due to accumulation. More than one story going around where somebody has applied patches, because of the long onset of action they felt nothing so applied more, then more, then got bored and decided to cheek some, and, well the rest is history and they're now nothing more than a statistic. And in an opioid intolerant individual: when Fentanyl hits it hits hard i.e. there's nothing gradual about it It's pretty easy to go from hero to zero in a few seconds is my point (especially if the Fentanyl is extracted and/or alternate routes of administration are employed) (possible exception being ingestion but that's also dose dependent) (look up the term "fentanyl bioavailability").

As has been noted already: using benzodiazepines with Fentanyl is definitely out of the question unless you have a death wish. It's one of the reasons why Fentanyl laced Xanax pills are a firm favorite among the dead. And the list of dangerous interactions with other medications, not to mention the underlying health condition of the individual, goes on. Feel free to peruse the information on the link below. Once you get to the end: if you still think it's a good idea well then have at it I guess.

As for being concerned for your health and well being: I put it to you that even without Fentanyl you're already on shaky ground with, what appears to be anyway, poly drug abuse. Deal or no deal: dump them would be my advice. Sorry: I'm not from the PC harm reduction fraternity (any longer).

Unless the OP has gotten his hands on some REALLY old stock: they cannot be gel patches (they simply don't make them anymore). And if this indeed be the case: they would have expired years ago anyway (although that's no guarantee that the Fentanyl has degraded to the point where said patches are now benign).

Fortunately the OP knows the difference between mg and µg (the latter sometimes erroneously abbreviated to mcg) and realizes that the total amount of Fentanyl in a patch is measured in mg as opposed to µg. What the OP may not know is that the LD50 in humans, assuming little to no tolerance, is 2mg. In other words: 2mg of pure pharmaceutical Fentanyl (which is what you're dealing with) is enough to kill 50% of test subjects (average humans) (whatever that means). So let that sink in for a minute. This if said 2mg is administered all at once and route of administration dependent (affects bioavailability). But read on i.e. it gets better and more fun as we go along.

Be careful applying multiple patches to the skin and then still using more via different routes of administration. It takes anywhere between 24 - 72 hours for serum concentrations of Fentanyl to reach a peak (when using the patches as directed i.e. applied to the skin). And the Fentanyl doesn't simply disappear into the ether and as if by magic once you remove the patches (removing them isn't an off switch). Point being: it's easy to reach dangerous levels due to accumulation. More than one story going around where somebody has applied patches, because of the long onset of action they felt nothing so applied more, then more, then got bored and decided to cheek some, and, well the rest is history and they're now nothing more than a statistic. And in an opioid intolerant individual: when Fentanyl hits it hits hard i.e. there's nothing gradual about it It's pretty easy to go from hero to zero in a few seconds is my point (especially if the Fentanyl is extracted and/or alternate routes of administration are employed) (possible exception being ingestion but that's also dose dependent) (look up the term "fentanyl bioavailability").

As has been noted already: using benzodiazepines with Fentanyl is definitely out of the question unless you have a death wish. It's one of the reasons why Fentanyl laced Xanax pills are a firm favorite among the dead. And the list of dangerous interactions with other medications, not to mention the underlying health condition of the individual, goes on. Feel free to peruse the information on the link below. Once you get to the end: if you still think it's a good idea well then have at it I guess.

As for being concerned for your health and well being: I put it to you that even without Fentanyl you're already on shaky ground with, what appears to be anyway, poly drug abuse. Deal or no deal: dump them would be my advice. Sorry: I'm not from the PC harm reduction fraternity (any longer).

Excellent post.

Excellent post.
Thanks. Full disclosure: Fentanyl patch research was my only reason for joining here and starting to post back then! I'm sure there's more than a few that wish I'd limited myself to that though! :ROFLMAO: Anyway. One thing led to another and here I (still) am! ❤️

By the way (before anybody asks):

"SWIMBTIMJLY" = "Someone Who Isn't Me But That I Met Just Last Year"! :ROFLMAO:

Thanks for the post, i think im starting to figure these patches out, but im still having a hard time knowing weather its the fentanyl thats getting me high, or one of the other opioids i might have done earlier, i made it through the night, did the last of the cocaine in IV this "morning", i have applied a patch to my overarm, am on 20mg of methadone, and have 1/4 of a patch beneath my upper lip,
on a side note i think you're wrong when saying these contain 2mg of fent, they are "Matrifen", and on the back it says "each patch includes 1,38mg fentanyl and gives off 12microgram per hour"
i think they are smokeable, but im not gonna f around and smoke plastic, i'll move some and might keep some, its nice being "high" for 72 hours, but getting up in the morning is a bitch.....
Thanks everyone

Thanks for the post, i think im starting to figure these patches out, but im still having a hard time knowing weather its the fentanyl thats getting me high, or one of the other opioids i might have done earlier, i made it through the night, did the last of the cocaine in IV this "morning", i have applied a patch to my overarm, am on 20mg of methadone, and have 1/4 of a patch beneath my upper lip,
on a side note i think you're wrong when saying these contain 2mg of fent, they are "Matrifen", and on the back it says "each patch includes 1,38mg fentanyl and gives off 12microgram per hour"
i think they are smokeable, but im not gonna f around and smoke plastic, i'll move some and might keep some, its nice being "high" for 72 hours, but getting up in the morning is a bitch.....
Thanks everyone
No problem. I take following my advice and tossing them isn’t on the cards then. Oh well.

I never said they contain 2mg. 2mg is the LD50 for Fentanyl. Those patches you have contain less in total per patch. But note what I said about onset and the possible cumulative effect.