• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Tramadol

Deano8888

Greenlighter
Hey,

I suffer with chronic crippling anxiety for the past 16 years. I've been on every SSRI and the like but none work, they make me worse!

I have been reading reports of people using Tramodol for their anxiety and the success they have had.

Has anyone experience with using Tramodol for anxiety?

Does anyone know where they can be bought online in UK? My doctor won't prescribe me them as they are 'addictive' (yawn)........yet they are happy to give me SSRI's which are addictive and cause me severe withdrawal yet they don't bloody work.

Appreciate any advice

many thanks

The only advice I can offer you is to stay away from Tramadol. This will not help your situation at all, only worsen it.

It's a very weak Opioid with a load of nasty side effects, not to mention it's about as hard as Heroin to withdraw from.

i have very minor anxiety, and although i enjoy tramadol for its opioid qualities, it does tend to cause anxiety, not help it in any way. It is also one of those drugs you just really dont want to get dependent or addicted to because it really fucks with your system hard

Hey,

I suffer with chronic crippling anxiety for the past 16 years. I've been on every SSRI and the like but none work, they make me worse!

I have been reading reports of people using Tramodol for their anxiety and the success they have had.

Has anyone experience with using Tramodol for anxiety?

Does anyone know where they can be bought online in UK? My doctor won't prescribe me them as they are 'addictive' (yawn)........yet they are happy to give me SSRI's which are addictive and cause me severe withdrawal yet they don't bloody work.

Appreciate any advice

many thanks

Tramadol isn't some sort of exotic wonder drug.

It's just an SNRI that doubles as an opioid... think Effexor + Hydrocodone in one pill.

Problem is that people quickly tend to grow tolerant to the opioid effects, and the SNRI effect isn't really any different than that of Effexor or Cymbalta.

Also, if and when people do build a tolerance to the opioid effects, then there's a very big temptation to increase your dose on your own... which is *extremely* dangerous, as reaching the desired opioid-high may soon require a dose where the SNRI effect becomes so pronounced that your brain is flooded with excess serotonin and noradrenaline, which may result in life-threatening complications including fever, confusion/anxiety/delirium, massive nausea/diarrhea and seizures.

So no, Tramadol should only be explored once you've basically tried every antidepressant on the market as well as various benzos, antipsychotics and other anxiolytics (e.g. Pregabalin).

Took it for a very long time until things went overboard. So I'd also say, don't do it. Causes severe seizures!

Thank you all for your replies.

See here is my Problem,

So I've had agoraphobia for over 16 years. I've tried counseling, hypnotherapy, CBT, EFT and psychoanalysis. I've been on every medication you can think of. I've been on Sertraline, Venelfaxine, Peroxotine, Duloxotine, Citalopram, fluoxotine, Mirtazipine and even combinations combined. I've on pregabalin at the moment. I've been on Chlorpromazine, Olanazpine, Risperidone, propranolol, zopiclone, Phenibut. I've been given a a few pills of benzo's here and there like Clonazipam, Lorazipam, Diazipam.

So I have tried all meds.

Doctors wont prescribe Benzo's as they are addictive.

So my problem is this, if my anxiety is like this for much longer I will kill myself. Simple as that, I can't go on with it. I have a wife and two kids, but I can't see a way out of this. So I don't care if opioids are addictive, I have nothing left to loose no more.

Whats it better, addicted or dead?

You could try MAOIs. Or ECT. Other compounds with possible antidepressant effects, such as Modafinil or Pramipexole. Maybe look for a psychiatrist who's willing to try a higher benzo dose.

The problem is that if you believe SSRIs are addictive, you really don't have a grasp on what "addiction" truly means. SSRIs cause withdrawal symptoms yes, but addiction doesn't just involve a chemical depence, it involves the patient compulsively dosing themselves (often obtaining multiple prescriptions from different doctors or obtaining drugs illegally) despite severe negative consequences to himself and others.

Also, let me point out once again that tolerance to Tramadol's opioid effects builds up quickly. If you don't get anything out of regular SNRIs, you'll probably have to repeatedly increase your dose to maintain the opioid effect, at which point the drug's SNRI properties will actually *increase* your level of anxiety.

If I had the chance to try any opioid off-label for my depression it would be Buprenorphine, and definitely not Tramadol.

It ONLY hits the mu receptor unlike opiates/opioids so the delta receptors still leave you in withdrawal.

The only time I've ever had anxiety problems in my life is when I was taking tramadol regularly. Its impossible to keep up with the WD effects without increasing dosage and ultimately giving yourself serotonin syndrome. If you already have such sever anxiety, I don't think it will be possible to keep up with dosing for the anxiolytic effects. Of you can keep to using maybe one day out of three, you might be okay, but you still might experience some nasty hangover effects that will worsen with extended use. I love tramadol, but the side effects with the snri action are wicked

You could try Tianeptine though, an atypical antidepressant that produces both mild stimulation and opioid-type effects. In some countries it is a prescription drug, while in others it was never marketed officially but is available as a "nootropic supplement" over the internet (should you go the latter route I would still advise you to stick to the standard dosage regimen of 12.5mg x 3 times per day, as it does have some abuse potential in higher doses).

honestly ive taken tramadol for years and have stopped taking it abruptly numerous times with absolutly no withdrawal symptoms or negative effects whatsoever.

Do you take anything else?

Well recently (past few months) ive been taking focalin for my adhd. But for the prior 2 and a half or 3 years it was just tramadol. Between 300-450mg a day. And then randomly stopping for anywhere between a week to 3 months at a time.

The only advice I can offer you is to stay away from Tramadol. This will not help your situation at all, only worsen it.

It's a very weak Opioid with a load of nasty side effects, not to mention it's about as hard as Heroin to withdraw from.

I do agree about the tram increasing your anxiety, as it does mine.

However, I've enjoyed trams in doses of about 150 - 200 mg. It's weird because 1) it's an upper to me when it kicks in, makes me clean house & in a good mood .. 2) if I am in withdrawals, it takes the RLS away for a few hours.

Trams can cause seizures in some people. Never mix trams and cocaine together.

Try them and see how you feel. It's a very weak drug, but affects everyone differently. Don't expect an oxy/hydro type buzz.

Yeah as stated above tramadol is the weakest opiate being the bottom of the opiate chain . But IME I don't think it has any anti anxiety properties . It's good for a very light muscle pain and that's it

Yeah as stated above tramadol is the weakest opiate being the bottom of the opiate chain . But IME I don't think it has any anti anxiety properties . It's good for a very light muscle pain and that's it

Tramadol had documented anxiolytic effects. For me, the anxiolytic effects are most prominent, but on the flip side, absolutely crippling anxiety is the prominent withdrawal effect