• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Tramadol Withdrawal

DarkStarCrashes

Bluelighter
I have been on tramadol, in high dosages, for the better part of the last five years. My daily dosage would range anywhere from 250mg/day to much higher (600+mg/day). It is worth mentioning that I am currently drug tested by way of a GC/MS lab test at least 2x weekly with varying drugs included at random each time for drugs I have been known to abuse, always a standard 5 panel plus GHB, kratom, ketamine, etc. It is for this very reason I decided to NOT reorder tramadol last week from my usual supplier and to ween myself off of my remaining supply. Because of my short supply my taper was very fast and decreased from 350mg/day to 0/mg a day over a week, dropping by 50mg each day.

Right now I am 36 hours after my last dose of 50mg and feel like complete hell. I know that tramadol has a complex pharmacology and acts as an SNRI, SSRI, and opiod receptor agonist. I thought that was going to be easy because as I dropped from 300, 250, 200...mg/day I felt no W/D symptoms at all. Perhaps this is due to the fact I also take 1800mg of gabapentin daily.

I feel like complete hell now and could barely function at work today. To make things worse I forgot my dose of gabapentin this morning which certainly did not help. I have no money to run to the drug store to buy lope and will have to make due with the (limit) OTC's I have at my house. In desperation I just took 3 grams of gabapentin, 1.5g of phenibut, and 90mg of DXM. I am waiting for some relief now. There are no OTC SSRI's that I am aware of, is that correct? Does anyone else have any recommendations for being able to get through work the rest of the week?

Thanks.

If you have gaba and phenibut you just answered your own question. High dose of gaba is usually my frontline of defence when I start kicking..

Depression, anxiety, lethargy, slight runny nose, body and back aches, general discomfort.

I am feeling a bit shagged and fagged and fashed, it having been an evening of some small energy expenditure, O my brothers.

Tough it out.. you can smoke some pot to ease the withdraw. I wouldnt really recommend anything heavier just because its tram.. it wont last too long.

Ultram is worse than oxy/heroin WD if you're hardcore addicted to it. The fact that it messes with your head in a way others don't, at least not as much, is what makes it really bad. The one time I withdrew from it after taking 500-700mg daily for a couple months I remember thinking that it's worse than dope because of the extreme anxiety and depression. I also found myself feeling really twitchy, shaky, jerky...etc. It almost felt like an electrical current was going through me and I was "buzzing", but not the good kind of buzzing. In your situation though risking failing a drug test, I don't know what would help. Maybe someone you know has some immodium? Scrape together 3$ and get a 24 count 2mg lopermide at Wal Mart. I just did that today...going through sub WD at the moment. I ate the whole bottle and feel much better... Even a little high. Good luck.

You definitely tapered way to fast. One week isn't even close to enough time. Decreasing 50mg every week would have been more ideal. Even then, you could experience some minor WD.

Yup, the mental aspect of tram WDs is kicking OP's ass. I've only ever used tramadol as a substitute when I was out of other opiate to "hold" me rather than actually get me high. if I take too much tramadol it makes me nauseous and dizzy, even as a several-year IV heroin user. Not quite sure why it does that more than other opiates.

OK so no kicky legs/insomnia, right?

You should be able to ride this through with the gaba and pheni you have on hand. Smoke some weed too (if that's your thing...its mine, so whenever I do it puts me "back home").

No subs for this kick. That would be frying pan ---> fire.

Although I must say as a non-medical professional I believe 250ug of buprenorphine/day to be probably the best combo antidepressant and anxiolytic in existence. But that's neither here nor there.

I wish I could smoke some weed and get away with it, I'd have a tough time explaining that to my parole officer though. I was able to go get a ton of DXM only gels. I took 3 grams of gabapentin this morning with 1.25g of phenibut, and redosed an additional 1800mg of gabapentin throughout the day. Because I am bored, alone, impulsive, and a terrible decision maker I decided to just take 205mg of DXM about a minute or two ago. I have tried unsuccessfully twice to get high from DXM and both times I just wound up nauseous as fuck and puking in my bathroom all night. Both times were at 300mg+ doses so I am hoping that tonight I will not only beat the tram w/d's - but perhaps have a little bit of fun too while I watch this new Star Wars movie. My research led me to believe there will be no serious or dangerous drug interactions between the gabapentin and DXM. Someone correct me if I am wrong...

Thanks for all the good feedback and advice guys, in this isolated drug riddled world I have encapsulated myself in it feels nice to have an outlet where I can actually admit my drug use to and not be judged and shit on, even if it is over the internet. Cheers.